Who would you trade Dak Prescott for?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't trade Dak for Brady. Even if it were a 1 year window, a Super Bowl victory is worth 10 years of rebuilding.
We've been rebuilding for 20+ years as it is. feelsbadman

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Dak looks like a better prospect than Wentz at this point.

A lot of people in Philly think Wentz is a slam dunk franchise, future elite QB. I'm pretty skeptical of him though. There was some stuff I didn't like.

A lot of what I hear is that he was a rookie and he didn't have any weapons. The dirty little secret is that Wentz was part of the problem last year and just giving him weapons won't solve things for them. He has to get much better.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dak looks like a better prospect than Wentz at this point.

A lot of people in Philly think Wentz is a slam dunk franchise, future elite QB. I'm pretty skeptical of him though. There was some stuff I didn't like.

A lot of what I hear is that he was a rookie and he didn't have any weapons. The dirty little secret is that Wentz was part of the problem last year and just giving him weapons won't solve things for them. He has to get much better.
You lie.

Nah, I'm just kidding. As much of a fan of his that I WAS, I hope he fails miserably now. At least for as long as he's in Philly, that is.

Genghis Khan

I feel like the two guys in the conversation are Luck and Wentz.

Matt Ryan or any of the over-30 QBs.... no, too short a shelf life.
Matt Ryan is a good one, I'd take him too.

QBs often can play well into their 30s. A guy like Ryan could play another 8 years at a very high level. That's plenty long enough to sacrifice the extra 5 or 6 years you'd get with Dak. Because what your getting in return is a sure thing elite QB. With Dak you get a lot of years and potential but also still a good deal of uncertainty.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess then it's going to be a Super Bowl run with Dak.

Matt Ryan is a good one, I'd take him too.

QBs often can play well into their 30s. A guy like Ryan could play another 8 years at a very high level. That's plenty long enough to sacrifice the extra 5 or 6 years you'd get with Dak. Because what your getting in return is a sure thing elite QB. With Dak you get a lot of years and potential but also still a good deal of uncertainty.
Hell no, Ryan had one elite years the rest were average. I'd rather keep Dak and have at least 10-12'years of good QB play

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I guess Ravi hasn't seen his college days and especially the championship and playoff games.
Who cares? Every college player lights it up. Ryan Leaf was a beast in college. I don't blame NoDak for loving the guy, but North Dakota State isn't the NFL.

The spin in Philly is that the dink and dunk fest is all the WRs and not one iota on Wentz.

That's a load of garbage. It's on all of them, coaches included.

Wentz has to improve... a lot.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Who cares? Every college player lights it up. Ryan Leaf was a beast in college. I don't blame NoDak for loving the guy, but North Dakota State isn't the NFL.

The spin in Philly is that the dink and dunk fest is all the WRs and not one iota on Wentz.

That's a load of garbage. It's on all of them, coaches included.

Wentz has to improve... a lot.
I think he will because he has the tools. The main difference between him and Prescott is experience. Prescott has more from college. Wentz is a physical player but is still learning secondary reads. He will get better. I don't think he will surpass Prescott but he will be a good pro QB in my opinion.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My god, I would trade Dak for Rodgers so fast your head would spin.

And I've always thought Luck was overrated somewhwat. That's not to say he's a bad player or someone I wouldn't take on my team, but just prematurely crowned as a great QB. You don't throw as many picks as he does without something being off. And not ones that tip off someone's hands, but really bad INTs where you don't know what he was looking at.

That said, if he had Dak's OL and running game, he'd look a lot better. Like any QB.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
i'd trade dak prescott for ezekiel elliot and tyron smith, thats about it

Genghis Khan

Hell no, Ryan had one elite years the rest were average. I'd rather keep Dak and have at least 10-12'years of good QB play

How many elite years has Dak had?

Also to call all the rest of Ryan's years "average" is simply ignorant.

Genghis Khan

My god, I would trade Dak for Rodgers so fast your head would spin.

And I've always thought Luck was overrated somewhwat. That's not to say he's a bad player or someone I wouldn't take on my team, but just prematurely crowned as a great QB. You don't throw as many picks as he does without something being off. And not ones that tip off someone's hands, but really bad INTs where you don't know what he was looking at.

That said, if he had Dak's OL and running game, he'd look a lot better. Like any QB.
Exactly.

Genghis Khan

I think he will because he has the tools. The main difference between him and Prescott is experience. Prescott has more from college. Wentz is a physical player but is still learning secondary reads. He will get better. I don't think he will surpass Prescott but he will be a good pro QB in my opinion.
Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Kyle Boller, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, David Carr... there's a long, long list of guys with all the tools that didn't succeed in the NFL.

Top Bottom