Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Honestly I don't see why people would be against Ramsey but ok with Myles Jack. Both are tremendous athletes with questionable on the field production. And Ramsey fits a bigger and probably a more valuable position.

Buckner and Bosa both sound great. Although I wonder if I wouldn't prefer Rankins as a monster 3 technique in our defense.
I don't want Jack either.

dallen

Senior Tech
Give me Ramsey over Jack, but I won't be happy with either

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That makes no sense.

There are some legitimate NFL longterm starters available in the the 1st 5 guys who also have upside to be great players.

Chucking all that to maybe hit on a Franchise QB is stupid and short sighted logic.

I have no issue with taking a QB at 4 but the idea that the gamble is worth it because there is nobody else worth 4 is crazy.

This team has too many holes to be gambling for those reasons there are 5 guys outside of QB who could help this team.
Drafting a QB for the future is short sighted? That's maybe the most retarded thing I've seen you say.

Drafting the next Calais Campbell or Ryan Kerrigan at 4 is the very definition of short sighted. You're making no sense here.

These guys aren't slam dunks like Elway or Peyton manning, but I believe these two QBs have a good chance to be franchise guys. The point is that's worth the risk of being wrong because you aren't passing up on the next Watt or Lawrence taylor or whomever.

This isn't hard to understand.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah but I probably won't be happy unless we take a QB or trade down. If we take Buckner or Bosa I probably won't be pissed but I'd only be luke warm. If we take Ramsey I'm probably not furious but it certainly won't make me happy either. Same with Myles Jack. Those two I guess I'd be mostly indifferent. They'll both start and probably be good. But nothing that will really move the win/loss meter significantly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Either would definitely disappoint me. But Ramsey would be able to start somewhere. Jack would do what? Play on the strongside?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Either would definitely disappoint me. But Ramsey would be able to start somewhere. Jack would do what? Play on the strongside?
Start on the weakside after Lee gets hurt? (We can't possibly expect him to have back to back mostly healthy years can we?)

Jiggyfly

Banned
Drafting a QB for the future is short sighted? That's maybe the most retarded thing I've seen you say.

Drafting the next Calais Campbell or Ryan Kerrigan at 4 is the very definition of short sighted. You're making no sense here.

These guys aren't slam dunks like Elway or Peyton manning, but I believe these two QBs have a good chance to be franchise guys. The point is that's worth the risk of being wrong because you aren't passing up on the next Watt or Lawrence taylor or whomever.

This isn't hard to understand.
Man stop twisting my words I never said drafting a QB is short sighted.

Saying taking a gamble on a QB because nobody is worth the 4th in this draft is shortsighted.

None of these guys are slam dunks but some of these guys are bigger gambles than the others especially the QB's.

And JJ Watt was not JJ Watt when he was drafted and Ryan Leaf and many others were can't miss.

To say you should draft a QB because nobody else is a JJ Watt or L.T. is crazy especially when you don't know if that is true.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well it is Jiggy...

#pilingon #justajokejiggy
The fact that you take that and run is comical, The fact that he thinks no body else in this draft is worth the 4 over a QB should be hard to understand.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Honestly I don't see why people would be against Ramsey but ok with Myles Jack. Both are tremendous athletes with questionable on the field production. And Ramsey fits a bigger and probably a more valuable position.

Buckner and Bosa both sound great. Although I wonder if I wouldn't prefer Rankins as a monster 3 technique in our defense.
He can't create turnovers. How is that going to be anything but a bust? Who needs a great athlete at DB who hasn't seen the football in over a year?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He can't create turnovers. How is that going to be anything but a bust? Who needs a great athlete at DB who hasn't seen the football in over a year?
Because he does get his hands on balls. I don't think he is ever going to be a 6+ a pick year guy but I also think he will probably pick off a couple of balls in the NFL.

INTs aren't everything but they are very important. It's why I don't want Ramsey at 4. But he wouldn't necessarily be a bust if he is a 10 year starter who rarely gives up a reception to his side.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Because he does get his hands on balls. I don't think he is ever going to be a 6+ a pick year guy but I also think he will probably pick off a couple of balls in the NFL.

INTs aren't everything but they are very important. It's why I don't want Ramsey at 4. But he wouldn't necessarily be a bust if he is a 10 year starter who rarely gives up a reception to his side.
He's not going to be a lock down Revis type corner either. He's probably going to be a safety who drops down to cover big WRs and TEs. He's a defensive gadget player, the equivalent to the Reggie Bush "weapon" player that is never as productive as he is "versatile".

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Just the guy that could push Ramsey down to us.
Most mocks Ive seen have them taking either Ramsey or Buckner. So this wouldn't surprise me.

As an aside, most mocks seem to have us taking Bosa even when Buckner is still available, which is interesting if SD favors Buckner while we favor Bosa.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Start on the weakside after Lee gets hurt? (We can't possibly expect him to have back to back mostly healthy years can we?)
Funny thing is apparently the Chargers are telling Jack he could be a replacement in their D for Weddle.

Looks like that is the new fad. Arizona and the Rams have king sized safeties playing LB in Bucannon and Barron and it seems a bunch of other teams are thinking the same.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He's not going to be a lock down Revis type corner either. He's probably going to be a safety who drops down to cover big WRs and TEs. He's a defensive gadget player, the equivalent to the Reggie Bush "weapon" player that is never as productive as he is "versatile".
Thats what I see too. A shutdown CB is one thing, but he's not that. He's more of a safety who can also play CB. I guess his athleticism is what has him in the top 3 on many boards, because it's not his production. But I do think he will be our pick if available and we go defense.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So Darren Woodson was never productive because he was versatile?

I could see Ramsey doing a lot of the same things as Woodson if not better.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So Darren Woodson was never productive because he was versatile?

I could see Ramsey doing a lot of the same things as Woodson if not better.
Holy shit, you think Woodson didn't make plays in College? I'm going to go look at his college stats and see if he posted a doughnut. BRB.

There we go, 3 picks as a senior, playing LB. I don't like to pick on you, but this is why people pick on you.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If you could get a more Versatile Woodson at 4 would you take it?

I think Ramsey is very similar to Woodson and Ramsey played a hybrid LB position mostly at FSU.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Holy shit, you think Woodson didn't make plays in College? I'm going to go look at his college stats and see if he posted a doughnut. BRB.
Holy shit you don't think Ramsey made plays in college.:dunce

Woodson had 5 int's in college and avereged less than 2 int's a year in the pro's.

Using int's a the only play-making tool to judged Ramsey is stupid like it would be for Woodson as a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom