Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2016

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd be perfectly happy with targeting Lynch through either a trade up or trade down.

I would hate to give up a 3rd or whatever it may take to move back up into the 1st for Lynch but if we get Bosa/Buckner and Lynch out of this draft, that'd be pretty sweet.
What if you trade down in the first and trade up in the second... You could end up with Rankins, Lynch and an extra second. :buddy

I know, now I'm on the verge of just acting crazy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What if you trade down in the first and trade up in the second... You could end up with Rankins, Lynch and an extra second. :buddy

That would make me homer out like the Ware draft did.

Jiggyfly

Banned

I could easily see something like that happening but it's gamble that you could still find a trade partner and Lynch would be available.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That would make me homer out like the Ware draft did.
I think Dallas could be in the sweet spot of a team trading up for a QB now getting Lynch on the back end is probably the real gamble.

You would probably be better off taking Lynch in the trade down and moving up for a DL or somebody who has droped.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could easily see something like that happening but it's gamble that you could still find a trade partner and Lynch would be available.
Yeah the trading down and taking Rankins in my opinion shouldn't be that hard to calculate. He is the best pure 3 technique in this draft and I really like him. I think Buckner could play that spot but then I come back and wonder why I would move a 3-4 DE in to my 3 technique spot when I have a DT like Rankins in this draft who is 300 + pounds, super quick and has proven his ability to rush the passer from the interior already. Plus he can play the 1 technique too.

The hard part is moving up from the second to get Lynch. I just have no idea where that guy will get drafted. I mean he could go in the teens which means there is no way we can trade back up for him. On the other hand if he makes it into the 20s, there should be plenty of trading partners to go up and get him.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think Dallas could be in the sweet spot of a team trading up for a QB now getting Lynch on the back end is probably the real gamble.

You would probably be better off taking Lynch in the trade down and moving up for a DL or somebody who has droped.
Yeah, I'd take Lynch after trading down if possible, though it's possible the Niners, Eagles, or Bears take him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I'd take Lynch after trading down if possible, though it's possible the Niners, Eagles, or Bears take him.
It gets scary with QBs because it's a unique position with such a limited supply. If you're talking about a RB for example you look at it and say, we can just grab one later. Same with most positions. Or you look at it and can say a player of similar ability at a different position will be available. QB's are different though. You may only have 2 or 3 good prospects in a draft. If you miss out on them you are basically done with QB's for that year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It gets scary with QBs because it's a unique position with such a limited supply. If you're talking about a RB for example you look at it and say, we can just grab one later. Same with most positions. Or you look at it and can say a player of similar ability at a different position will be available. QB's are different though. You may only have 2 or 3 good prospects in a draft. If you miss out on them you are basically done with QB's for that year.
That's my view as well. It's not often that Dallas will be in this position so I advocate going for it this year.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I could see Chip Kelly being pretty interested in a guy with Lynch's mobility to run his read option offense.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This conversation was based on the premise of somebody wanting to move up for a QB and us moving down and still getting Lynch.

I guess you missed that?
I missed the part about them moving up for a QB, could just as easily be for Bosa or Ramsey.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah in no way do I view him as a first round pick.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
She must be on Flakka.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom