2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get it out of your system. Apparently anyone who actually notices systems of oppression is still a race traitor.
You're such a joke with your comments sometimes. The fact that you think unless you're born black or poor that you can't complain about bias or being mistreated is a joke. As though being born anything but white gives you a special privilege is pathetic and is nothing more then a different version of racism.

If Trumps Summary Judgment motions were denied unfairly he has every reason to bitch. And please save me your legal analysis. I'm not in the mood today to have someone try to lecture me about the law who has never attended law school or practiced in a Federal Court.

townsend

Banned
What does all of that have to do with Trump thinking the judge may be bias against him? And you think I am off the deep end. Sounds like you are pent up and looking for a place to unload.
Because questioning a judge, whose main job to be objective, because he is of a specific race, is text book racism.

Trump is saying that even though this man's entire career is devoted to his ability to remain impartial. His race and only his race would compromise his ability to do his job.

It's exasperating to see the mental gymnastics Republicans will go to to apologize for this guy.

That in the face of obvious, definitive racism. The right wing will still defiantly declare the emperor is wearing new clothes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because questioning a judge, whose main job to be objective, because he is of a specific race, is text book racism.
Hahahahaha but only if the defendant is white right? And if the Judge's decisions are biased and legally incorrect? Is it still racist?

Your hatred for Trump and white people is showing...

townsend

Banned
You're such a joke with your comments sometimes. The fact that you think unless you're born black or poor that you can't complain about bias or being mistreated is a joke. As though being born anything but white gives you a special privilege is pathetic and is nothing more then a different version of racism.

If Trumps Summary Judgment motions were denied unfairly he has every reason to bitch. And please save me your legal analysis. I'm not in the mood today to have someone try to lecture me about the law who has never attended law school or practiced in a Federal Court.
There are plenty of whites that don't get justice, even some wealthy whites. Although you'd have to be pretty fucking ignorant to not see the difference in how rich and poor people are treated.

Just look at the Stanford rapist, or the affluenza kid. How well would they have faired with a public attorney.

You brought up black people, not me. If Trump had a fair complaint, (and apparently his lawyer says he doesn't) it still wouldn't be appropriate to assume the judges race was the problem.

Because frankly it would be wrong to assume that a white judge couldn't remain impartial as well. There definitely are partial judges that hand black people far more severe punishments, but that stands out in the body of their work, not in just a single judgment against a multimillionaire.

You have to see that this is nakedly the same thing as Trump's "bleeding from her wherever" comment.

Or his criticisms of Cruz's wife and father.

He's not getting his way, so he's irrationally lashing out. And yes, that's racist. If you immediately blame race for what seems like a reasonable judgment you're racist.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not getting his way, so he's irrationally lashing out. And yes, that's racist. If you immediately blame race for what seems like a reasonable judgment you're racist.
First of all, you have zero idea if the judges rulings are reasonable. If you think Judges aren't biased and don't have reputations for leaning one way or another then again, you don't know the legal system. And no attorney will come out and say that stuff about a particular Judge without committing career suicide. The fact that the Judges parents immigrated to this country has just as much to do with the case as a Judge whose wife died at the handshands of a drunk driver making a decision on a DWI case.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hahahahaha but only if the defendant is white right? And if the Judge's decisions are biased and legally incorrect? Is it still racist?

Your hatred for Trump and white people is showing...
There is no proof of this.

How do you explain the appellate court in New York ruling against trump as well?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no proof of this.

How do you explain the appellate court in New York ruling against trump as well?

Because Appelate courts are obligated to give great deference to trial judges. Especially when it comes to Summary Judgment Motions. This is the problem with arm chair lawyers reading articles thinking they know the law.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This coming from one who is continually posting articles that are racially sensitive? What motives do you have for those exercises? And you don't think someone else can bring up heritage or question their possible biases? Really now.
What does any of that have to do with this particular case?

I am not running for president and have never claimed anybody was biased just because of race.

Why is he even bringing this up at his rallies it has nothing to do with him running for president?

Jiggyfly

Banned
First of all, you have zero idea if the judges rulings are reasonable. If you think Judges aren't biased and don't have reputations for leaning one way or another then again, you don't know the legal system. And no attorney will come out and say that stuff about a particular Judge without committing career suicide. The fact that the Judges parents immigrated to this country has just as much to do with the case as a Judge whose wife died at the handshands of a drunk driver making a decision on a DWI case.
And you have zero idea if this judge is biased or not.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Nor do you so how can you be so positive that Trump is automatically wrong in his assessment of the Judge?
So it's ok for a guy who could be president using ethnicity to judge people?

It's ok to inject that into the presidential race?

And then he threatens to go after the guy if he does become president.

How can you condone any of that?

Would you be ok with Obama using this logic when the supreme court ruled against him?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Would you be ok with Obama using this logic when the supreme court ruled against him?
The ethnicity wasn't used to denigrate it, rather it was a position of reasoning that Trump felt was being held against him for his position on the illegal immigrants of the same ethnicity. That wasn't a hate or spiteful statement of the ethnicity itself. As far as racism in the roles of political offices Obama has inserted himself in several racist occurrences during his tenure in office. There is simply too much volatility in the political correctness arena these days. Personally I am not as sensitive as some because I have been exposed to ethnicity in the mix of community and workplace all my career. I don't get inflamed as easily as some who lurk around looking for something to get upset about..

I have seen plenty who are always malcontent about everything and will not accept responsibility but always question authority and stir up situations. It's too easy to make waves in this current atmosphere of political correctness and grab attention over the slightest hint of incorrectness. Simply put I just get tired of people who always knee-jerk at everything and are ready to blow everything out of context.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

No all of that is stupid. Personally if I had a case with a judge I would never denigrate that judge. Why would you want to bias them even further by putting them on blast?

Trump is simply doing it in order to defend himself with regards to his run for presidency. He is trying to explain why the lawsuit is a joke and why people who are voting for Trump shouldn't be concerned with a lawsuit that would have been thrown out by 90+% of other judges. All of which doesn't make Trump's statements racist at all. People are way too quick to throw out the race card and it's something Liberals love to cling to even when an action isn't in fact racist.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The ethnicity wasn't used to denigrate it, rather it was a position of reasoning that Trump felt was being held against him for his position on the illegal immigrants of the same ethnicity. That wasn't a hate or spiteful statement of the ethnicity itself. As far as racism in the roles of political offices Obama has inserted himself in several racist occurrences during his tenure in office. There is simply too much volatility in the political correctness arena these days. Personally I am not as sensitive as some because I have been exposed to ethnicity in the mix of community and workplace all my career. I don't get inflamed as easily as some who lurk around looking for something to get upset about..

I have seen plenty who are always malcontent about everything and will not accept responsibility but always question authority and stir up situations. It's too easy to make waves in this current atmosphere of political correctness and grab attention over the slightest hint of correctness. Simply put I just get tired of people who always knee-jerk at everything and are ready to blow everything out of context.
You are the one taking this out of context.

Trump 1st brought up him being a Mexican at his rallies. what was his context then?

He then said his mexican heritage makes him biased because he wants to build a wall.

And then he said a muslim judge would be biased as well.

What about that is out of context?

And why are you upset with Trump for making waves?

He started the attacks on the judge in his rallies and then injected race as well?

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
No all of that is stupid. Personally if I had a case with a judge I would never denigrate that judge. Why would you want to bias them even further by putting them on blast?

Trump is simply doing it in order to defend himself with regards to his run for presidency. He is trying to explain why the lawsuit is a joke and why people who are voting for Trump shouldn't be concerned with a lawsuit that would have been thrown out by 90+% of other judges. All of which doesn't make Trump's statements racist at all. People are way too quick to throw out the race card and it's something Liberals love to cling to even when an action isn't in fact racist.
Attacking the judge does what to defend himself?

And how does bringing his ethnicity into it help defense?

Who is he trying to reach by calling him Mexican?

BipolarFuk

Demoted

I have seen plenty who are always malcontent about everything and will not accept responsibility but always question authority and stir up situations. It's too easy to make waves in this current atmosphere of political correctness and grab attention over the slightest hint of incorrectness. Simply put I just get tired of people who always knee-jerk at everything and are ready to blow everything out of context.
Doesn't get worked up by racism......

Says the old white guy. :rofl

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Attacking the judge does what to defend himself?

And how does bringing his ethnicity into it help defense?

Who is he trying to reach by calling him Mexican?
He is explaining why the Judge would not rule fairly. All he is really saying is that the Judge's personal agenda is the only reason the case hasn't been thrown out. He just isn't saying it as gracefully. Again, not racist, just really bad trial strategy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You are the one taking this out of context.

Trump 1st brought up him being a Mexican at his rallies. what was his context then?

He then said his mexican heritage makes him biased because he wants to build a wall.

And then he said a muslim judge would be biased as well.

What about that is out of context?

And why are you upset with Trump for making waves?

He started the attacks on the judge in his rallies and then injected race as well?
So what if he is the first to bring it up? The kneejerkers are the ones who are trying to make something out of it that really isn't there. Questioning a possible judgement call because of suspicion of alignment toward this judge's determinations isn't racism. At best it is questioning motives for a decision. I see the difference whether you do or not.

I have faced several judges in lawsuits who was ruling on matters and we were always cognizant as to whether this was a pro bank judge or an anti government judge etc. Judges have biases and that is a fact of life. Trumps question was along these lines as to whether he was a pro sentiment toward Mexicans or anti Trump because of his stance on illegal immigrants. That's the way I see it but I am sure that doesn't fit your agenda. You can disagree but don't dare label me because you don't know me.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And Crocks how is this a Liberal issue there are plenty of people on the right saying the same thing.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So what if he is the first to bring it up? The kneejerkers are the ones who are trying to make something out of it that really isn't there. Questioning a possible judgement call because of suspicion of alignment toward this judge's determinations isn't racism. At best it is questioning motives for a decision. I see the difference whether you do or not.

I have faced several judges in lawsuits who was ruling on matters and we were always cognizant as to whether this was a pro bank judge or an anti government judge etc. Judges have biases and that is a fact of life. Trumps question was along these lines as to whether he was a pro sentiment toward Mexicans or anti Trump because of his stance on illegal immigrants. That's the way I see it but I am sure that doesn't fit your agenda. You can disagree but don't dare label me because you don't know me.
I agree he has every right to question the judge.

But his own words were "This judge cannot rule on my case because he is mexican and I am building a wall".

And how can you inject him being mexican into the discussion and say its blown out of proportion when asked to clarify it and then make that statement?

As usual you are ignoring what actually happened in an attempt to downplay the significance of it.

And since you want to ignore the facts this is how all of this started.

Notice him calling him mexican before any other claims of bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom