Must See Movies

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Most reviews say, dark, no fun, blah blah blah. Do all movies have to be fun?

I'll probably go see it since a couple here say it is good.
Hell, I don't think The Dark Knight was "fun" and it was the best superhero movie ever made.

Personally I don't like a lot of the "fun" ones. The McGuire Spidermans were brutal for instance.

data

Forbes #1
I liked it. 7/10 stars.

More enjoyable than than man of steel and the Bane Batman.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There are spoiler tags..

dallen

Senior Tech
I liked Man of Steel actually, but this is getting savaged way worse than it was.

Oh yeah, and they cast a boobless Wonder Woman.
I liked Man of Steel too. I wasn't crazy about how Superman was portrayed, but I thought it was well done. I really liked Zod's story.

BvS was terrible and incoherent. Definitely not worth the price of theater admission. This is what I said on Facebook:

Superman is still a jerk, Batman is an idiot, and Luther is in the running with Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze for most overacted villain. At least Mr Freeze fit in with the rest of the movie's tone though. The first hour is just terribly edited. It is like 3 different movies smashed together. The second hour is competently made but really boring. The last 30 minutes are great though.

If you haven't seen the trailers this is a spoiler, but since they already did it whatever. Wonder Woman shows up and joins Batman and Superman to fight Doomsday and it is honestly great. Not first Avengers great, but right up there with anything else.

Wonder Woman was the best part of this movie. I am looking forward to her solo film now. Especially since Snyder isn't making it. Hopefully he won't make Justice League either.

dallen

Senior Tech
Really? I feel like his incessant hamming came close to spoiling the whole thing. It was like he was trying to pull off the Joker instead of Luthor. Recast that character and make Luthor truly a super villain instead of some geeky dork, it is a much better flick.

The "too dark" narrative was overblown. Although they could have played up the mistrust of humanity and the "God" angle more.
I had the same thought. Why didn't they just make the villain The Joker? I'm not even sure why this Luthor hates Superman. At least with The Joker you know he is just trying to cause chaos.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I liked Eisenberg. Honestly though, he is a divisive actor to begin with. He is always smarmy and cocky.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the politics thread, but I think it is hilarious that Bernie and Hillary's moms are both named Dorothy.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't get it?
Its a spoiler to the Batman vs Superman movie so if you dont want to see it dont click....

Batman v Superman spoilers!!!
Both Batman and Superman's mother's names are Martha, which basically becomes the reason they stop fighting. So this, where the two main heroes don't share a mothers name, they fight.

D

Deuce

Its a spoiler to the Batman vs Superman movie so if you dont want to see it dont click....

Batman v Superman spoilers!!!
Both Batman and Superman's mother's names are Martha, which basically becomes the reason they stop fighting. So this, where the two main heroes don't share a mothers name, they fight.
It was such a stupid reason for them to just automatically become friends.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Are we really supposed to believe that Batman and Superman could have a credible fight? Come on, now. Superman would WTF PWN Batman without breaking a sweat. A little heat vision melting that rubber suit would be a nice start.

Top Bottom