Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not scared to start this bitch off. We win 24-17. :towel

D

Deuce

As if a rookie WB doesn't have enough to overcome in his first career start, Iamtdg does this.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The always hopeful and exciting beginning to another depressing and disappointing season.

Smells like fall.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Too much bad mojo this offseason in what should have been a positive summer. Suspensions and injuries namely. Greg Hardy's karma is exacting his revenge on us again. Can we keep the core healthy and productive until next season? Maybe we'll have paid the penance and acquired another defensive cornerstone or two and then we'll be able to compete with the elite teams.

data

Forbes #1
Wild anyone say their interest in the NFL is at/near an all-time high? Actually, better question is who's interest in the NFL is NOT at/near all-time low?

With the NFL being so money-driven and corporate, I feel more and more off-put every year. With the potential of a new long term QB, I should be laser-focused on today, but I'm not.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think the Giants win 30-20.

They actually did quite a bit to address their defensive shortcomings so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt over the Cowboys who sort of half-assed their personnel moves on defense.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm gonna need you assholes to shape up. Today is gonna be a good day! GO COWBOYS!

1bigfan13

Staff member
Wild anyone say their interest in the NFL is at/near an all-time high? Actually, better question is who's interest in the NFL is NOT at/near all-time low?

With the NFL being so money-driven and corporate, I feel more and more off-put every year. With the potential of a new long term QB, I should be laser-focused on today, but I'm not.
I can honestly say that I'm actually more interested in the Cowboys than I was a month ago. Obviously that's due to the potential that Dak & Zeke have flashed during the preseason.

Even before Romo went down with another back injury I constantly said this would be a 7 or 8 win team. Nothing to get excited about there because we've been there and done that far too often under Garrett.

So having the opportunity to hopefully see a new era of Cowboys' football being ushered in did rekindle my excitement for the 2016 season.

Cotton

Staff member
We are going to win. You can Bradie Bottle Lock that shit.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm gonna need you assholes to shape up. Today is gonna be a good day! GO COWBOYS!
Sorry. I can't put blind faith in a Jerry Jones/Jason Garrett ran shit show.

data

Forbes #1
Haven't had my morning shit yet. Cotton, you started too hot for me. Ease me in with a little Kristie or something first.

Cotton

Staff member
I can honestly say that I'm actually more interested in the Cowboys than I was a month ago. Obviously that's due to the potential that Dak & Zeke have flashed during the preseason.

Even before Romo went down with another back injury I constantly said this would be a 7 or 8 win team. Nothing to get excited about there because we've been there and done that far too often under Garrett.

So having the opportunity to hopefully see a new era of Cowboys' football being ushered in did rekindle my excitement for the 2016 season.
This is how I feel. For the first time in a long time, I feel there is some hope. I know I said this in 2014, but this time it means a new window is opening. We have a young team with a lot of young talent. If Dak can develop into a franchise QB and Zeke can give us 4-6 years of solid RB play, I feel we can compete. It's just too bad Mediocre Garrett will have to come along for the ride.

data

Forbes #1

you still got that 110" projector screen thing going on? So sick.

Cotton

Staff member
Sorry. I can't put blind faith in a Jerry Jones/Jason Garrett ran shit show.
I don't see it as blind faith. I see it as hope, even though my statement was so definitive.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Regarding Dak.....I listened to quite a few sports radio/TV personalities constantly contradict themselves regarding Dak.

In one breath they'll say they don't believe in Dak because it's just the preseason and we've seen preseason studs before. Then 2 minutes later while talking about another team they'll say something like "Team X needs to be concerned because Player X has struggled during the preseason".

I'm like, which is it.....do preseason performances need to be thrown out the window or not because you just argued for both sides.

data

Forbes #1
I am looking forward to seeing 100 yard sized American flags, though. That's an awesome sight.

Cotton

Staff member
Haven't had my morning shit yet. Cotton, you started too hot for me. Ease me in with a little Kristie or something first.

Top Bottom