Golf Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's beyond me how anyone can dislike Jason Day. Nothing I've seen indicates he's used vertigo as an excuse or is touting himself as better than anyone else because of it. He's been nothing but class in everything I've seen him do.
He is a real trooper exhibiting class all while suffering from Vertigo,

peplaw06

Brand New Member
I guess you could be a dick and be tired that Jordan Spieth's autistic sister is brought up every week. He's such a trooper for supporting her like that... What do you expect, that he would disown her?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I guess you could be a dick and be tired that Jordan Spieth's autistic sister is brought up every week. He's such a trooper for supporting her like that... What do you expect, that he would disown her?
Actually, you are the dick who brought that up. Was not aware of that to be honest.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
IJS if you want to hate on a dude because golf announcers bring up things that you may think are overblown, there are other stories that are brought up that arguably could be seen the same way.

Moral of the story... if you base your opinion of a guy based on how golf announcers talk about them, I'd say that's more than a little messed up.

Carl

RIP Brother
It's beyond me how anyone can dislike Jason Day. Nothing I've seen indicates he's used vertigo as an excuse or is touting himself as better than anyone else because of it. He's been nothing but class in everything I've seen him do.
All true, except if everyone played at his speed, it would take about 8 hours to play a round of golf and 5-6 days to complete a tournament. He needs to speed things up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
IJS if you want to hate on a dude because golf announcers bring up things that you may think are overblown, there are other stories that are brought up that arguably could be seen the same way.

Moral of the story... if you base your opinion of a guy based on how golf announcers talk about them, I'd say that's more than a little messed up.
True story.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
All true, except if everyone played at his speed, it would take about 8 hours to play a round of golf and 5-6 days to complete a tournament. He needs to speed things up.
Now that's a legitimate gripe. His address to the ball and the whole visualizing thing takes a while. I don't see why he doesn't start it before it's actually his turn to play.

Carl

RIP Brother
Now that's a legitimate gripe. His address to the ball and the whole visualizing thing takes a while. I don't see why he doesn't start it before it's actually his turn to play.
He has to be ready before he gets ready. So says Col and his other 20 coaches. Hit the f'ing ball.

Carl

RIP Brother
Day is 18 under after two rounds. Might be the best golf I have seen since Tiger in 2000. Just remarkable.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Day is 18 under after two rounds. Might be the best golf I have seen since Tiger in 2000. Just remarkable.
Could we possibly be looking at the greatest generation of golfers when it is all said and done?

Spieth, Day, Rory, and Fowler are all between 22-27 years old.

Like Day, I've always felt it was only a matter of time before Fowler wins a major. Between the 4 of them, this has a chance to be the most special group the sport has ever seen.

Last edited:

Carl

RIP Brother
Could we possibly be looking at the greatest generation of golfers when it is all said and done?

Spieth, Day, Rory, and Fowler are all between 22-27 years old.

Like Day, I've always felt it was only a matter of time before Fowler wins a major. Between the 4 of them, this has a chance to be the most special group the sport has ever seen.
Things go in cycles I suppose; but right now America has a lot of good young golfers. Justin Thomas and Brooks Koepka spring to mind. But Day is just crazy right now. Rory is Nine under and is 9 shots behind.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Carl

RIP Brother
Jason Day is a wonderful golfing talent; but he needs to speed it up quite a bit. It's becoming unwatchable.

Carl

RIP Brother
That course in Austin looks great by the way. A lot of interesting shorter holes.

Carl

RIP Brother
I have been playing golf quite a bit recently; somehow I have managed to lose about 20 yards off every club. I used to drive the ball about 280, now I can barely get beyond 250 and the Irons are even worse. Age?

Carl

RIP Brother
The cream really does rise to the top at Augusta. As a betting man, I am taking Charl Schwartzel. You can get him at 40-1.

You can also put a bit of dosh on Patrick Reid e/w at 40-1.

Though he isn't the greatest putter, I think think Rory may win, and complete the carear grand slam.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have been playing golf quite a bit recently; somehow I have managed to lose about 20 yards off every club. I used to drive the ball about 280, now I can barely get beyond 250 and the Irons are even worse. Age?
Yep. And don't count on things getting better.

Carl

RIP Brother
Spieth going well early doors. Meanwhile Ernie Els had a 7 putt on the first hole, and a 10. Why on earth is Rory in the last group.

Last edited:
Top Bottom