Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
uh huh. Like Jeff George, JaMarcus Russell, Johnny Football, Kyle "threw a ball 50 yards on one knee" Boller, etc.
Actually he said the second closest was Bradford's. So that kind of gives you an idea of who looked great at their pro day.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd go Wentz over Goff. I see Wentz as having Ben Roethlisberger potential with his size, arm, and athleticism.
I go with Wentz, too. He also has brains to go along with his size, arm, and athleticism.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I go with Wentz, too. He also has brains to go along with his size, arm, and athleticism.

I'd go with him cause he has red hair.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wentz can run but he's not great at sliding around in the pocket to buy time and make plays down field like Roethlisberger. When he runs, he runs, kind of like Newton, he doesn't really subtly slide around in the pocket yet.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wentz can run but he's not great at sliding around in the pocket to buy time and make plays down field like Roethlisberger. When he runs, he runs, kind of like Newton, he doesn't really subtly slide around in the pocket yet.
I actually have seen a few clips of him climbing the pocket very well to avoid pressure.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I actually have seen a few clips of him climbing the pocket very well to avoid pressure.
so there!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sure he can do it some but more often than not when he's pressured or staring down a target his feet stop moving. He can move in the pocket some but he is not as advanced at the subtle movements in the pocket to buy time like Goff is, and he certainly doesn't move around to buy time like Roethlisberger does.

I think he can improve at it because I've seen him do it at times and I think under Romo he would definitely get better at it since that is one of Romo's strengths but as of right now his feet get stagnant often in the pocket.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I've never seen Flacco as having any hints of mobility. Reports on Wentz suggest he can move.
Flacco has mobility his combine numbers are not far off from Wentz.

While touted as having one of the strongest arms in the draft, the 6-foot-6 gunslinger put up impressive times in the 3-cone agility test (4.27 seconds, second among quarterbacks) and 40-yard dash (4.84 seconds).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, after it turned out he sucked balls because of his long slow wind up delivery.
Yeah Lynch's throwing motion isn't that bad. Not even close.

And being fat makes a QB slower in all his motions. Including foot speed for his drops. And the footwork in general to get the ball off. Plus you have to question if a guy is lazy and dedicated if he can't stay in shape.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah Lynch's throwing motion isn't that bad. Not even close.

And being fat makes a QB slower in all his motions. Including foot speed for his drops. And the footwork in general to get the ball off. Plus you have to question if a guy is lazy and dedicated if he can't stay in shape.
I think playing on an injured leg messed up Leftwich permanently. He looked normal before that but in the pros he made Drew Bledsoe look like Mike Vick.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Christian Hackenberg reportedly turning off NFL teams in interviews

Former Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg might need a little work on his interview technique.

Projected by most analysts to go somewhere in the second or third round in the upcoming NFL Draft, Hackenberg is reportedly rubbing teams the wrong way in interviews. According to Robert Klemko of TheMMQB.com, sources with two different NFL teams say Hackenberg has blamed his declining stats the past couple of seasons on his coach, James Franklin.

Hackenberg sizzled as a freshman, setting a school record with 2,955 passing years. But after coach Bill O’Brien left to coach the Texans, the QB's numbers dipped (a combined 28 touchdowns and 21 interceptions as a sophomore and junior). In Hackenberg’s defense, observers noted that he suffered from questionable play-calling and a porous offensive line.

Now that he’s declared his eligibility for the NFL Draft, teams want to know what Hackenberg thinks about that situation. Klemko says the quarterback is reportedly throwing coach Franklin under the bus in blaming him for his struggles.

Klemko says that one NFL evaluator told him, “Despite the fact that it’s probably true, you don’t want to hear a kid say that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom