2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All I can say about Tiffany Trump:

She looks like a great candidate for a bukkake movie.

It would fit. Just think about it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This convention is a train wreck. Wow. This is not about establishing what the fuck Trump is going to do, it is one big fat campaign to create a negative vote to Clinton.

I get it, she is awful.

But Christie is embarrassing himself right now.

This "guilty or not guilty" sounds like some dumb shit asking a rabid crowd in medieval times if someone was a witch.

He's acting like a stupid pitbull instead of a leader.

These guys are so effing retarded.
I guess it's not just me.:lol

I was floored when everybody was saying Rudy gave such a great speech, he was just ranting.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess it's not just me.:lol

I was floored when everybody was saying Rudy gave such a great speech, he was just ranting.
This whole convention thus far is a joke.

If Trump's idea is to make himself more appealing to your average Joe six-pack, mission accomplished.

I mean god damn, the guy from Duck Dynasty spoke.

Nothing so far resonates with anyone with a functional brain.

And having his fucking kids speak on his behalf is not helping.

If this is a close election, holy fucking shit.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This whole convention thus far is a joke.

If Trump's idea is to make himself more appealing to your average Joe six-pack, mission accomplished.

Nothing so far resonates with anyone with a functional brain.

If this is a close election, holy fucking shit.
And yet he is consistently close.

Holy fucking shit indeed.

I am waiting for the breakdown on who Gary Johnson is taking votes away from and which way the undecideds are leaning.

The polls after this week will be telling.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just looking at his spray tanned douchebag entitled fucking kid is sickening.

Especially when he talks about "hard work".

Fuck you, douchebag.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wait, what? Was that Don King?

Am I imagining this silly ass horseshit?

BipolarFuk

Demoted

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
And the shitshow that is the RNC continues like never before. That Party is in shambles. What an embarrassment.

Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Ted Cruz gets his revenge on Trump

Ted Cruz gets his revenge on Trump

On Wednesday night in Cleveland, it looked like we might return to the conventions of a normal convention.

There were robust statements of Republican ideology, crowd-pleasing defenses of the Second Amendment and denunciations of radical Islam. No plagiarism or loopy references to Lucifer. Marco Rubio and Scott Walker both praised the man who'd vanquished them in the primaries.

But ultimately, there was only one winner Wednesday. And it wasn't Donald Trump or his running mate, Mike Pence, who was supposed to be the focal point of Wednesday's program.

It was Ted Cruz.

Cruz did more than outshine Trump; he force-fed him an ice-cold dish of revenge. He did more than make the negative case against Hillary Clinton; he made an affirmative case for freedom that no one else had been able to make this week. He did more than shout and scream; with rhetorical deftness, he got the crowd more engaged and excited than any other speaker.

That is, until he decided to tell Americans to "vote your conscience." With this pivotal and pointed non-endorsement of Donald Trump, he lost the crowd, who began to boo and heckle him vigorously. Cruz powered through the rest of his remarks, speaking straight to the camera and ignoring the chaos on the floor as Trump hovered angrily in the wings.

It was the most remarkable moment of live political theater in recent memory. And it ensured that for the third day in a row, Trump's campaign would lose total control of the narrative of its own convention.

Yes, every aspect of Cruz's performance was calculated and self-serving. Certainly, he burned bridges with plenty of conventioneers. But what Cruz did was supremely gutsy. It was savvy. And it must have been deeply satisfying payback for all Trump's insults and attacks during the primaries.

If Trump loses, Cruz put himself in position to be the biggest GOP figure to refuse to get on board with Trump -- and the only one to defy Trump on his own stage. A notorious lone wolf loathed by his Senate colleagues, Cruz will now get to recast his overweening self-absorption and ambition as conscience and high principle.

But most of all, he clarified the moral choice that all Republicans will face as their party implodes. By getting hitched with an ideologically impure candidate like Trump, will rank-and-file Republicans undermine the conservative cause of liberty?

Even if Trump wins, Cruz gets to be the voice of pure-bred, limited-government conservatism who will lead a grassroots army every time the Trump administration tries to pivot to the center. Either way, Cruz doesn't lose.

To be very clear, I find Cruz's ideas and policy proposals wrongheaded and often odious. But he did the country a service Wednesday by dramatically exposing the fact that a vote for Trump is not a vote of conservative principle. It is a vote for an unqualified authoritarian bigot.

Cruz sent a message to the voters Wednesday that Trump himself should've remembered when he put Cruz on the program: Buyer beware.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I started out in this election cycle not loving Cruz. I think a flat tax is a mistake. I think he gives off a bit of a shady vibe.

But all these republican leaders trying to fall in line behind Trump disgust me. It's vile.

Much love to Ted Cruz.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I started out in this election cycle not loving Cruz. I think a flat tax is a mistake. I think he gives off a bit of a shady vibe.

But all these republican leaders trying to fall in line behind Trump disgust me. It's vile.

Much love to Ted Cruz.
I've never liked Cruz. He just gives off that back stabbing slimy vibe to me. Just the creepy kid in the corner that no one likes.

I'm 100% for a simplification of the tax system and have no problem with a flat tax. You can always tweak it a little if you're afraid paying taxes is just too hard on some people. Our tax systems is a horrific monster that costs a fortune just to try to operate.

Genghis Khan

I've never liked Cruz. He just gives off that back stabbing slimy vibe to me. Just the creepy kid in the corner that no one likes.

I'm 100% for a simplification of the tax system and have no problem with a flat tax. You can always tweak it a little if you're afraid paying taxes is just too hard on some people. Our tax systems is a horrific monster that costs a fortune just to try to operate.

I felt similar about Cruz, but what he did took integrity and character, and quite frankly balls. He showed me a lot, at a time when most of the republican leadership seems to have forgotten that they are supposed to believe in something, that they are supposed to have principles and spines.

If Cruz gathered support and formed a new party I'd follow. Without hesitation.

I'm all for simplifying the tax code a bit, but I don't see any way that a flat tax doesn't shift a greater tax burden to those who can least afford it.

townsend

Banned
I'll say Cruz is a guy who's never been afraid to make waves. I think he recognizes a sinking ship when he sees one, and would rather be the "new path" guy in 2020. He's making the best decision for his long term viability as a candidate. Which is consistent with his slimey reputation. He kind of reminds me of "Starscream" from transformers.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

:lol Are conventions full of fucking psychopaths or what? The woman only had a No racism no hate sign for fuck's sake.

Genghis Khan

I'll say Cruz is a guy who's never been afraid to make waves. I think he recognizes a sinking ship when he sees one, and would rather be the "new path" guy in 2020. He's making the best decision for his long term viability as a candidate. Which is consistent with his slimey reputation. He kind of reminds me of "Starscream" from transformers.
That's not the narrative I've been reading. A lot of people are calling it career suicide unless Trump gets trounced.

It certainly flies in the face of other republicans who purport to be conservative and have paid lip service to being anti-trump but when push comes to shove have put their party and career ahead of principles and integrity.

Yes it is consistent with Cruz's reputation as a contrarian but it's very public this time and the stakes are higher.

As far as I can see Cruz is the only major player in the party who stared down the bully and hasn't blinked.

Major props from me, because it would be much easier to check your spine at the door and decide that the party is more important than your ideals and beliefs.

It's a sad state of affairs when your party is more important to you than what that party was supposed to stand for in the first place.

I very much hope someone steps up and provides a major, viable alternative to the republican party (not just in this election but more importantly for the future) because at this point I feel like there's no one who truly represents my beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom