MLB Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

It was ridiculous in Jordan's case and would be equally ridiculous if that is what happens with Tebow. As long as it is recognized and branded as the publicity stunt it is then whatever. But that is exactly what it would be of Tebow is signed and placed directly in AA. He should have to prove he belongs there. If he does that then you will not hear me criticize it. In fact I'll be extremely impressed if he starts off in Low A and truly plays well enough to get to AA. But only of it's legimate promotion based on his actual talent/production and not because he is Tim Tebow.
About 30 minutes after I posted my expectation, I heard a guy who went to the tryout on the radio talking about expectation and he predicted AA as well. Not for the publicity, but because of the situation. He said teams like to use the lower level ball teams to build the players comradery and come up together. He said AA still has enough young and undeveloped pitching that he could still perform decently.

How is true that stuff is, idk. But food for thought.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
We are at the very end of August and the NL ERA leader by a significant margin over guys like Madison Bumgarner, Max Scherzer, & Noah Syndergaard is...Kyle Hendricks?! It is shocking but he has been great all season and his ERA now stands at 2.09. Crazy. He tops out at 90 on his fastball but usually throws it more like 88. He just has amazing command and a really good change up. He seriously looks like Greg Maddux out there right now. I can't believe how good he has been this year.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
And the Rangers just keep on winning! The interview at teh end of the game says it all about this team. Odor screws up and says that Beltre scolded him for it. HE was appreciative of the tutoring. Later, Odor hits the walk off. Gotta love it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We are at the very end of August and the NL ERA leader by a significant margin over guys like Madison Bumgarner, Max Scherzer, & Noah Syndergaard is...Kyle Hendricks?! It is shocking but he has been great all season and his ERA now stands at 2.09. Crazy. He tops out at 90 on his fastball but usually throws it more like 88. He just has amazing command and a really good change up. He seriously looks like Greg Maddux out there right now. I can't believe how good he has been this year.
:budd

Rev

Staff member
I still think Hamels has just as good a chance if not more than the others to win the Cy Young but last nights game didn't help. Just a weird game and almost Twilight Zone like. Was mowing the Mariners down through 3 innings with only 27 pitches. Then for some reason he either couldn't find the plate or was getting squeezed and threw 60 pitches in 1 1/3 innings. Walked 2 runs in and had the bases loaded two different times. Thankfully out offense was scoring as well and won with am Odor walk off.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I still think Hamels has just as good a chance if not more than the others to win the Cy Young but last nights game didn't help. Just a weird game and almost Twilight Zone like. Was mowing the Mariners down through 3 innings with only 27 pitches. Then for some reason he either couldn't find the plate or was getting squeezed and threw 60 pitches in 1 1/3 innings. Walked 2 runs in and had the bases loaded two different times. Thankfully out offense was scoring as well and won with am Odor walk off.
It was very weird to watch. It's like a different pitcher took the mound in the 4th. Just glad we were able to pull it off.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The Cubs were one of two teams that sent no one to the Tim Tebow Sideshow yesterday (the A's were the other). Good.

Rev

Staff member
The Cubs were one of two teams that sent no one to the Tim Tebow Sideshow yesterday (the A's were the other). Good.
I've been assured by the Rangers beat writer that we sent people there but not to read anything into it. He is usually right on with the front office so I don't expect anything from Texas.

We could put in a good word to Houston, though.

Rev

Staff member
Tough stretch for the Astros coming up. 13 straight games against teams that are in the lead in their division.

6 with Texas.
4 with Cleveland
3 with Cubs

If it was any other team I would feel bad....

Cotton

Staff member
This is insane:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I've been assured by the Rangers beat writer that we sent people there but not to read anything into it. He is usually right on with the front office so I don't expect anything from Texas.

We could put in a good word to Houston, though.
I don't blame teams with area scouts for taking a look but they know they are wasting their time. I'm glad Theo and Billy Beane decided they wouldn't even bother with it. If Tebow was 22 years old and only 5 years removed from playing baseball, and if this was happening in the spring where he could sign somewhere and get in a full season in the minors, I would be all for taking a look at him. He might have a chance to make it in that scenario. But he is 29 and over a decade removed from baseball. There is no way in hell he can play at a high enough level to be anything more than a minor league attendance booster.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Tough stretch for the Astros coming up. 13 straight games against teams that are in the lead in their division.

6 with Texas.
4 with Cleveland
3 with Cubs

I will be at two of those games. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
I love Beltre. Odor tried to extend a single into a double last night when he absolutely shouldn't have. This is Beltre scolding him for the stupid mistake.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sounds a lot like Kuechel last year.

Jiggyfly

Banned

6 with Texas.
4 with Cleveland
3 with Cubs

:flip

I am not even really invested in the playoffs at this pint I just want to see how Bregman, Yuriel and Musgrove handle the rest of the year.

If these guys are legit we are real contenders next year.

Bregman is killing it right now, Gallo who?:lol

Rev

Staff member

I am not even really invested in the playoffs at this pint I just want to see how Bregman, Yuriel and Musgrove handle the rest of the year.

It's always next year:lol.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

Mazara, Odor, and Profar who?

Top Bottom