Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What the hell was that?

Did he just need to take a shit and that was it?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's been adequate I just don't expect a sudden infusion of a pass rush when he's back.
I expect better, that is all. Which means less Crawford at DE and hopefully we will see more production from other areas when they aren't forced to try and fill Lawrence's role.

I'd love to see Tapper at some point too. If his back is F'd up IR him and fix it. If not then it's about time to play.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's the most impressive thing about him. Yes, he's making the throws, but his poise is just so damn hard for a rookie to maintain, especially on the road. Dak looks like he has been in the NFL 10 years already.
Down 3 mid fourth quarter on the road against a big division rival and trying to avoid an 0-2 start to the season. Touchdown drive. No biggie.

He's been very very impressive.

Both games.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Down 3 mid fourth quarter on the road against a big division rival and trying to avoid an 0-2 start to the season. Touchdown drive. No biggie.

Both games.
Certainly. Can't deny he is for real.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Vikings' OL looks about as bad as Seattle's.

McClain has been great frankly. Lawrence will be very good. I agree that anything Gregory gives us this year is a bonus because I have no idea what is going on with his suspension. But he will likely play at some point this year. Our LBers aren't shit, they just aren't good. I'd put them as "average" today. They had their moments (A couple great plays in pass coverage and a key stop in the run game) but they also had moments that were ugly.

The secondary is interesting. So far this year Claiborne looks like the best defender in the secondary. Followed up by Byron Jones probably. Church has been surprisingly ok. I'll take the average Dallas defense giving up 20-23 points a week when the talent will get even better in 2 games. I'll take that over a bunch of NFL teams and defenses giving up 30+ points.

Ok lookit, we played against the Giants and redskins whose offenses wont scare anyone. When the big offensive teams play us I see a lot higher scores. Lee is not the same, Durant will help but we have a long way to go.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok lookit, we played against the Giants and redskins whose offenses wont scare anyone. When the big offensive teams play us I see a lot higher scores. Lee is not the same, Durant will help but we have a long way to go.
They also happen to be division rivals who usually torch our defense. So I'll take the improvement over past years.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Keep dreaming. Positional coaching is long hours and not a lot of pay comparative to what Romo has earned. He'll go into broadcasting.
I could have sworn I heard him say he wanted to get into coaching after he was done. Could be wrong.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Both games.
Yep.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep dreaming. Positional coaching is long hours and not a lot of pay comparative to what Romo has earned. He'll go into broadcasting.
He can basically do whatever he wants. But some guys just have that passion and competitive nature that draws them into coaching regardless of the long hours. I could see Romo going into coaching but I could also see him basically going "I have the wife and kids, I'd rather have free time to spend with them now."

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Look here Mr. Rodgers. You can throw to your TE every once in a while.

They also happen to be division rivals who usually torch our defense. So I'll take the improvement over past years.
I'm like you, I'll take it and be happy. I just know defense will be our downfall this year just like the last two years. If we re-stock this defense next draft I'll have very high hopes for next year!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Both games.
And he is getting better. Check no further then the Saints game to see that the Giants defense isn't too shabby.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm like you, I'll take it and be happy. I just know defense will be our downfall this year just like the last two years. If we re-stock this defense next draft I'll have very high hopes for next year!
3 of our 4 first picks last year were defense. Same thing with 2015. 2 of our first 3 picks in 2014.

We are investing picks on defense. We just need some more of them to develop and turn out.

Top Bottom