User Tag List

Page 123 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1270

Thread: The Outrage Thread

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

"It is all part of the divide and conquer agenda that every empire has utilized to minimize resistance. People will not fight a tyrannical government if they are preoccupied fighting each other."

Parkland school resource officer decried as coward gets princely pension of $8,702 a month

The former school resource officer criticized for his response to the Parkland school massacre is receiving more than $8,700 a month in state pension, Florida Department of Management Services spokeswoman Nina Ashley said Wednesday.

There are no charges or circumstances that would affect Scot Peterson's pension, according to a March 28 department letter requesting local officials submit information pertaining to Peterson's retirement benefits. However, two investigations into the police response to the February 14 shooting remain ongoing.

In the days after the massacre that left 17 students and staff members dead, Peterson came under fire for what some described as inaction once bullets began to fly through the hallways of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Senior Brandon Huff claimed he saw Peterson standing outside behind a stairwell wall, gun drawn "just pointing it at the building" as shots erupted from inside the school.

"He's wearing a bulletproof vest ... while school security guards, coaches pretty much, were running in shielding kids," he said.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel told CNN that video from outside the school corroborated Huff's account. The sheriff said he was disgusted and demoralized by what he saw, while President Donald Trump called Peterson a coward, and said he "didn't have the courage" to confront the shooter and "doesn't love the children."

Peterson responded, saying through his attorney that he thought the shots emanated from outside of the school, near the football field, and he responded in accordance with his training.

"The allegations that Mr. Peterson was a coward and that his performance, under the circumstances, failed to meet the standards of police officers are patently untrue," a statement from his lawyer said.

Personnel records indicated Peterson had stellar reviews before the shooting.

Peterson was initially suspended without pay, though Israel said he was eyeing Peterson's termination, and the school resource officer resigned shortly thereafter.

In March, it was revealed that despite Peterson's claims, he actually called in a report that he heard gunshots "by, inside the 1200 building," according to dispatch audio of the incident. He also said some students believed they'd heard firecrackers by the football field.

Surveillance video from the school showed Peterson positioned outside of the school, but didn't offer much else in the way of details regarding his actions.

The father of Meadow Pollack, one of the students slain by confessed gunman Nikolas Cruz, has included Peterson in a wrongful death lawsuit filed last month.

About 18 months before the shooting, Peterson attempted to have Cruz involuntarily committed over mental health concerns. Two guidance counselors concurred with Peterson, but two mental health professionals nixed the prospect, saying the teen didn't meet the criteria for involuntary committal.

Because Michael Satz, state attorney for the 17th Judicial Circuit, which includes Broward County, declined to file charges against Peterson, there is no reason to deny Peterson his benefits, said Ashley, the Florida Department of Management Services spokeswoman.

In a March letter to Satz and Israel, Erin Rock, the secretary of the Florida Department of Management Services, wrote that there were neither charges nor circumstances that "would authorize the division to withhold pension benefits from Peterson."

Peterson remains the subject of a Broward Sheriff's Office internal affairs investigation, which Israel requested the week after the shooting. Gov. Rick Scott has also requested a state investigation into the law enforcement response to the shooting.

"The department will continue to monitor the ongoing investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and will continue to follow the law," Ashley said.

The former deputy received his first monthly check of $8,702.35 in April, she said.

I don't get the agenda thing when it comes to something as serious as our friends in Israel being completely hemmed in on all sides. Can't we just all agree on this one thing without being total dicks about it? It amazes me that this has to be a party thing in anyway. It also amazes me that any Jew would ever consider being a democrat after this.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    I don't get the agenda thing when it comes to something as serious as our friends in Israel being completely hemmed in on all sides. Can't we just all agree on this one thing without being total dicks about it? It amazes me that this has to be a party thing in anyway. It also amazes me that any Jew would ever consider being a democrat after this.
    Yeah, this whole thing baffles the mind. I mean, the media is apologizing for a f'ing terrorist organization. There was actually a mediot that replied to a Ted Cruz tweet with "are you actually saying we are not friends with Palestine"? Well, uhh, they have been harboring a group on our terrorist list for years. Of course we aren't friends with them. That's the stupidest thing I may have ever seen on Twitter, and let me tell you, that is saying something.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Yeah, this whole thing baffles the mind. I mean, the media is apologizing for a f'ing terrorist organization. There was actually a mediot that replied to a Ted Cruz tweet with "are you actually saying we are not friends with Palestine"? Well, uhh, they have been harboring a group on our terrorist list for years. Of course we aren't friends with them. That's the stupidest thing I may have ever seen on Twitter, and let me tell you, that is saying something.
    I feel like we are living in such a weird time. How can we be getting dumber by the minute?

Cambridge Analytica ran voter suppression campaigns, whistleblower claims

The whistleblower whose disclosures about Cambridge Analytica shook the tech world over questions about users' data privacy told Congress on Wednesday that the company engaged in efforts to discourage or suppress voting.

Christopher Wylie, a former Cambridge Analytica employee who blew the whistle on its alleged misuse of Facebook data, told the Senate Judiciary Committee that the company offered services to discourage voting from targeted sections of the American population.

"Mr. Bannon sees cultural warfare as the means to create enduring change in American politics. It was for this reason Mr. Bannon engaged SCL (Cambridge Analytica's parent company), a foreign military contractor, to build an arsenal of informational weapons he could deploy on the American population," Wylie claimed, referring to Trump's former top political adviser Steve Bannon.

Wylie did not provide specific evidence of voter suppression campaigns taking place in the US. But when asked by Sen. Chris Coons, D-Delaware, if one of Bannon's "goals was to suppress voting or discourage certain individuals in the US from voting," Wylie replied, "That was my understanding, yes."

After the hearing, Wylie told CNN that although he did not take part in voter suppression activities, he alleged that African-Americans were particular targets of Cambridge Analytica's "voter disengagement tactics," which he said were used to "discourage or demobilize certain types of people from voting," and that campaigns and political action committees requested voter suppression from Cambridge Analytica.

CNN has reached out to Bannon for comment.

Alleged Russian ties

Wylie also outlined during his testimony how he believed it may have been possible for the Facebook data of American voters to have been obtained by entities in Russia.

Wylie highlighted how Cambridge University professor Aleksandr Kogan -- who has told CNN he gathered information on 30 million Americans through his Facebook personality test app in 2014, which he then passed to Cambridge Analytica -- made numerous trips to Russia, in part a result of his work with St. Petersburg University.

Wylie said he believed it was possible that Cambridge Analytica was a target of the Russian security services and that Kogan's computer could have been hacked during his visits there.

In response, Kogan told CNN, "Mr. Wylie is confusing fantasy for probable" and said he did not travel to Russia while he was working for Cambridge Analytica in 2014.

"Mr. Wylie has proven once again that he has a very active imagination without actual knowledge to back it up. As with his claims about the usefulness of the data, his claims here also quickly fall apart under any sensible scrutiny," Kogan told CNN.
    Former clients

After the hearing, Wylie said he was happy both Republican and Democratic lawmakers had attended.

"Although Cambridge Analytica may have supported particular candidates in US elections, I am not here to point fingers. The firm's political leanings are far less relevant than the broader vulnerabilities this scandal has exposed," his written testimony read.

Among lawmakers on the Senate Judiciary Committee questioning Wylie were Republican Sens. Thom Tillis of North Carolina and Ted Cruz of Texas. Both have operated campaigns that were Cambridge Analytica clients.

Cambridge Analytica announced earlier this month that it was shutting down its operations and would announce bankruptcy proceedings.

Controversy around Cambridge Analytica's alleged misuse of Facebook data raised a host of new questions about the social media giant's role in the public discourse and elections, and helped prompt renewed scrutiny in Washington, where last month Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg testified before committees in both houses of Congress.

On Tuesday, The New York Times reported that Cambridge Analytica was under investigation by the Department of Justice and the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    The whistleblower whose disclosures about Cambridge Analytica shook the tech world over questions about users' data privacy told Congress on Wednesday that the company engaged in efforts to discourage or suppress voting.

Christopher Wylie, a former Cambridge Analytica employee who blew the whistle on its alleged misuse of Facebook data, told the Senate Judiciary Committee that the company offered services to discourage voting from targeted sections of the American population.

"Mr. Bannon sees cultural warfare as the means to create enduring change in American politics. It was for this reason Mr. Bannon engaged SCL (Cambridge Analytica's parent company), a foreign military contractor, to build an arsenal of informational weapons he could deploy on the American population," Wylie claimed, referring to Trump's former top political adviser Steve Bannon.

Wylie did not provide specific evidence of voter suppression campaigns taking place in the US. But when asked by Sen. Chris Coons, D-Delaware, if one of Bannon's "goals was to suppress voting or discourage certain individuals in the US from voting," Wylie replied, "That was my understanding, yes."

After the hearing, Wylie told CNN that although he did not take part in voter suppression activities, he alleged that African-Americans were particular targets of Cambridge Analytica's "voter disengagement tactics," which he said were used to "discourage or demobilize certain types of people from voting," and that campaigns and political action committees requested voter suppression from Cambridge Analytica.

CNN has reached out to Bannon for comment.

Alleged Russian ties

Wylie also outlined during his testimony how he believed it may have been possible for the Facebook data of American voters to have been obtained by entities in Russia.

Wylie highlighted how Cambridge University professor Aleksandr Kogan -- who has told CNN he gathered information on 30 million Americans through his Facebook personality test app in 2014, which he then passed to Cambridge Analytica -- made numerous trips to Russia, in part a result of his work with St. Petersburg University.

Wylie said he believed it was possible that Cambridge Analytica was a target of the Russian security services and that Kogan's computer could have been hacked during his visits there.

In response, Kogan told CNN, "Mr. Wylie is confusing fantasy for probable" and said he did not travel to Russia while he was working for Cambridge Analytica in 2014.

"Mr. Wylie has proven once again that he has a very active imagination without actual knowledge to back it up. As with his claims about the usefulness of the data, his claims here also quickly fall apart under any sensible scrutiny," Kogan told CNN.
    Former clients

After the hearing, Wylie said he was happy both Republican and Democratic lawmakers had attended.

"Although Cambridge Analytica may have supported particular candidates in US elections, I am not here to point fingers. The firm's political leanings are far less relevant than the broader vulnerabilities this scandal has exposed," his written testimony read.

Among lawmakers on the Senate Judiciary Committee questioning Wylie were Republican Sens. Thom Tillis of North Carolina and Ted Cruz of Texas. Both have operated campaigns that were Cambridge Analytica clients.

Cambridge Analytica announced earlier this month that it was shutting down its operations and would announce bankruptcy proceedings.

Controversy around Cambridge Analytica's alleged misuse of Facebook data raised a host of new questions about the social media giant's role in the public discourse and elections, and helped prompt renewed scrutiny in Washington, where last month Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg testified before committees in both houses of Congress.

On Tuesday, The New York Times reported that Cambridge Analytica was under investigation by the Department of Justice and the FBI.
    I might take this more seriously if the msm hadn't praised Obama for using the exact same tech in 2012
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Israel Forcibly Injected African Immigrants with Birth Control, Report Claims

This weekend, a report revealing that African women immigrating to Israel were subjected to mandatory contraceptive injections, effectively amounting to forced (if temporary) sterilization made global headlines.

Some 130,000 Ethiopians, most of them Jewish, live in Israel. The community experiences higher poverty and unemployment rates than the rest of the country's Jewish population. In the past decade, the birth rate among Ethiopian-Israelis has declined by at least 20 percent. Advocacy groups now claim this decline is the result of a birth control regimen forced upon Ethiopian immigrant women.

According to an article in Haaretz, an Israeli news source, one Ethiopian immigrant said that the doctors who injected her claimed that “people who frequently give birth suffer.” While it is possible, if highly unlikely, that doctors genuinely had the women’s health in mind when they forcibly injected them with contraceptives, there is no excuse for depriving women sovereignty over their own reproductive choices.

Israel has acknowledged the issue (without admitting any wrongdoing) and has vowed institutional changes in healthcare for immigrants. By decree of Israel’s health minister, gynecologists have been ordered "not to renew prescriptions for Depo-Provera for women of Ethiopian origin if for any reason there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment.” Still, intense scrutiny should be applied by women’s groups and international organizations to make sure these changes are implemented in full. Moreover, more attention must be paid to the plight of vulnerable African immigrants around the world.

That Israel should allegedly engage in this activity is particularly shocking, considering the practice was widely used by the Germans throughout the Shoah. While the scale and effects of these operations cannot be compared, Israel’s implicit intent to limit ‘burdensome’ (read: undesirable) portions of the population recalls the dark eugenics experiments of World War II.

Immigration, legal and otherwise, is a difficult and invariably sticky issue for developed nations. Israel, like the United States, has struggled to find a way to secure its borders and its population while dealing with a constant stream of immigrants from neighboring countries and, increasingly, the African continent. While admitting the difficult security issues that Israel faces, the international community must loudly and unanimously rebuke the systematic violations of human rights inflicted on women immigrants of African origin.

From a sociological perspective, this incident shows the strain between Israel’s religious heritage and its modern political agenda. “Behold, the heritage of the Lord is sons, the reward is the fruit of the innards. Like arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the sons of one's youth. Praiseworthy is the man who has filled his quiver with them,” the Torah proclaims. The involuntary sterilization of African immigrants suggests that the Jewish moral code (inextricably connected with Israel’s domestic legal codes) can be selectively applied to those with ‘desirable’ backgrounds. It is hard, indeed almost impossible to believe that an American Jewish woman immigrating to Israel would be forced to take birth control.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    But wait...
    I thought the media was controlled by Jews...?
    @Rev supporter