User Tag List

Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1270

Thread: The Outrage Thread

Joking about a cuck Senator: beyond the pale!
    Joking about Scalia and Barbara Bush: super cool!

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    Joking about a cuck Senator: beyond the pale!
    Joking about Scalia and Barbara Bush: super cool!
    No one said joking about their deaths were OK either, dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    No one said joking about their deaths were OK either, dipshit.
    And yet the author failed to chastise the Left for equally repellent behavior.

How did we get here? Where anyone who disagrees with us on anything is evil, other and an object for ridicule? Where the phrase "reasonable people can disagree" has lost all meaning? Where someone can feel comfortable making a death joke about a man battling brain cancer?

Lots of people would like to lay the blame -- all of it -- at the feet of Trump. The reality is more complex. Our own self-sorting tendencies -- we rarely live around anyone anymore who doesn't see the world generally as we do -- played a role. The expansion of ideological media where you can only watch, read and listen to people who validate you and your views played a role. The rise of outside political groups who made a business out of purifying the two parties of any so-called moderates played a role. The partisan redistricting processes around the country, which jammed us into congressional seats prioritized by political party played a role.
    Absolutely true

That said, there is no question that Trump -- the campaign he ran in 2016 and the way he has acted in the White House since winning -- has been the prime catalyst for this degradation in our ability to simply treat people with whom we disagree with respect.
    There was already lots of gasoline on the ground. Trump lit the match and dropped it.
    False. The left has been talking about Republicans and conservatives like this for years. Check the hateful crap Dems said about Bush when he was president and about Republican colleagues during the Obama years.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post

False. The left has been talking about Republicans and conservatives like this for years. Check the hateful crap Dems said about Bush when he was president and about Republican colleagues during the Obama years.

And the right wasn't spewing hateful, racist, vile crap about Obama and his wife for eight years.

Are you seriously posting something about someone else name calling, labeling and ridiculing people?
    Since Day One

The claim is the ramp up in hostilities is Trump's fault. And he post pictures from Redneck heaven with idiots in the past 8 years. I'm actually talking about the political class and media saying and doing things. Like the book written about Bush's assassination. There were the non relevant threats as well that really never got investigated. Here's a link to a long article about just that. I'm not posting the article, just the link.
    http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

Here's an article about an actual movie about the assassination of Bush that won a film festival award for crying out loud.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sination-bush/

So you have moronic citizens that put up crap like that in window, but you actually have authors and movie makers highlighting the assassination of a sitting president. Tell me which you think more people saw, and tell me which you think actually got more media coverage. Then tell me who started this hateful sort of crap.