2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
STRENGTHS Explosive get*-off with good pad level. Has exceptional lateral movement and overall athleticism for the position. Moved around defensive line as rusher and allowed to stand to maximize athleticism as twister. Good coordination between hands and feet. Strong jump* step and club move inside is his go-*to rush. Flashes an impressive ceiling when it's clicking for him. Initial quickness opens door for disruption. Plus motor with active hands.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually knew a good amount about the guy. His downside is that he ends up on the ground way too much.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not somebody I would have taken, but I can't complain. His write up looks good.

I admit, I am happy for the position, the fact we didn't reach for somebody strange, and also NO DAK.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You have to think there's a decent chance that Ron Blair or a solid DB is there in the fourth too.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Judging by his NFL.com draft profile Collins sounds like the type of DT Marinelli likes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not somebody I would have taken, but I can't complain. His write up looks good.

I admit, I am happy for the position, the fact we didn't reach for somebody strange, and also NO DAK.
I think he is a perfect fit for our defense and I'm thrilled we actually draft a DT in the first 3 rounds for once. I know he isn't the names people were throwing around but I like this guy. Not a reach at all and better then some of the D-lineman we have seen go recently.

BOTTOM LINE Three*-technique with impressive athleticism and movement skills, but a lack of play strength to hold up at the point of attack. Collins needs to play for a defense that allows him to play up the field and should benefit from pass rush work with NFL coaching and teammates. Collins should test well which could push him way up the draft board, but his floor is lower than many of the defensive tackles in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom