User Tag List

Page 66 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: The Outrage Thread

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    They have the soda tax in Philly. It's makes me frigging LIVID.
    The government knows better than you how to live your life, you didn't know that?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    The government knows better than you how to live your life, you didn't know that?
    Oh shit, I forgot.

The sad and infuriating thing is this stuff seems much more like a cash grab to take more of our money through taxes than it is about health.

It's like, hey we need more money to fund our bloated government programs and bureaucracy. Let's tax soda!

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...html?mobi=true

Fuck. You.

Fat peope tax...I like it.

In all seriousness, I thought the same thing about weed tax. I’m not getting how weed proponents love the idea of weed tax but hate taxes on everything. Won’t peope simply be angry at weed taxes in the future when it is legalized?

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Oh shit, I forgot.

The sad and infuriating thing is this stuff seems much more like a cash grab to take more of our money through taxes than it is about health.

It's like, hey we need more money to fund our bloated government programs and bureaucracy. Let's tax soda!

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...html?mobi=true

Fuck. You.
    They use the same argument when debating gas taxes. "But, you know we can make the world a better place by making people use less gas and hurting our planet".
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Fat peope tax...I like it.

In all seriousness, I thought the same thing about weed tax. I’m not getting how weed proponents love the idea of weed tax but hate taxes on everything. Won’t peope simply be angry at weed taxes in the future when it is legalized?
    And if you're not fat? Can you get on a scale and have the tax waived? I like where you're going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    And if you're not fat? Can you get on a scale and have the tax waived? I like where you're going with this.
    Maybe a penalty for being fat? We could set up weigh stations like the highway patrol. I mean, I’m moderately fat and should probably be penalized for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    We don't want him

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Maybe a penalty for being fat? We could set up weigh stations like the highway patrol. I mean, I’m moderately fat and should probably be penalized for it.
    I mean might as well cut out the middle man. Just tax people for being unhealthy and overweight.

Or we could just make people pay for their own medical care, thus they are paying for their unhealthy lifestyle. But that's frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I mean might as well cut out the middle man. Just tax people for being unhealthy and overweight.

Or we could just make people pay for their own medical care, thus they are paying for their unhealthy lifestyle. But that's frowned upon.
    That would never work because it isn’t complicated enough.