User Tag List

Page 177 of 197 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1968

Thread: The Outrage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/itsgonevira...4148708861534/

Facebook video, so I don't know how to imbed. Or if it even can be.

But this short video clip is guaranteed to make you question the sanity of today's society coupled with our modern technology.

For the life of me, and can't understand why they don't make texting inoperable when the phone is moving more than a few mph.
    It is on my Car. You can recieve a text and have the system read it to you verbally but you canít respond until the car stops.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Could Whitney sing the national anthem at a large event and bring the country together temporarily right now? I doubt it.
    And it shouldnít.

Itís training camp 1989 for this country, when Jimmuhís weeding out the Randy Whites and sending the weak to the asthma field. Wrong time to get in front of the podium and reflect on how historic the franchise is and how pretty our helmets are. Itís time to fight to reserve your spot on the team.

Yeah, I know that is already offered. But lets be honest. How many people would actually activate something like that on their phone? I'm talking about making it across the board inoperable if you are moving faster than say, 5 mph. Voice would still work, so you could still talk while moving, so that should answer the "what if I am having an emergency?" angle. But there would be no more texting, or checking your God damn facebook while driving. People would just have to learn to ride in a car as a passenger and not zone out into their phones. I know, I know... What a horrible thought for today's kids not being able to turn into a phone zombie while in the car. Oh well.
    Our best bet is to accelerate the age of self-driving cars.

4. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Our best bet is to accelerate the age of self-driving cars.
    When would they be readily available and after that, when would everybody be able to afford them? No, I'd say our best bet is just make a tweak to the phone system and disable the text and internet features when the GPS of the phone is moving over a certain speed.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Could Whitney sing the national anthem at a large event and bring the country together temporarily right now? I doubt it.
    You doubt it? I'd say that it's a bonafide, slam dunk certainty.

She's dead.

When would they be readily available and after that, when would everybody be able to afford them? No, I'd say our best bet is just make a tweak to the phone system and disable the text and internet features when the GPS of the phone is moving over a certain speed.
    Im still waiting for the breathalyzer function to unlock the car’s ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Im still waiting for the breathalyzer function to unlock the car’s ignition.
    They already have those, and they are easily bypassed. Anybody can blow into them to deactivate them, as long as they're not drunk. You think that motorcycle riding texting mom in the video would think twice about having her kid blow into it so she could drive? I don't.

There would be no way to outsmart the GPS on a phone.

You doubt it? I'd say that it's a bonafide, slam dunk certainty.

She's dead.
    Well damn, you are a sneaky smart SOB, aren't you? I'll retreat back to my cave now...

10. The following user likes this post:

They already have those, and they are easily bypassed. Anybody can blow into them to deactivate them, as long as they're not drunk. You think that motorcycle riding texting mom in the video would think twice about having her kid blow into it so she could drive? I don't.

There would be no way to outsmart the GPS on a phone.
    They have breathalyzers on cars for repeat offenders, but they’re not standard like airbags or seatbelts. Besides, there must be a good number of drunk drivers driving solo.

The way you answered insinuates disabling all phones, even vehicle passengers. No internet on planes, either. Think of Bozeman and all the posts he’s miss out on. Otherwise, the same bypass for the breathalyzer would apply to the passenger passing his/her phone to the driver or, even simpler, having a burner phone to represent the drivers phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post