2016 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shitty timing for us.
That's true, although it's got to be hard to get him up to speed that quickly.

What the hell are the Browns doing though. They are 0-8 and have zero chance of the playoffs this year. Collin's contract is up after this season. Why in the hell would you give up a third round pick for a 27 year old veteran?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

What the hell are the Browns doing though. They are 0-8 and have zero chance of the playoffs this year. Collin's contract is up after this season. Why in the hell would you give up a third round pick for a 27 year old veteran?
Not just that, but reports are that he is asking 15 mill per. That's a chunk of cap space. But, you're probably right about him not getting much playing time against us.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member

Yeah, I don't get this trade from either side. If you're the Patriots, won't you get a comp pick if/when Collins leaves in FA anyway? You're Super Bowl contenders this year, and Collins is a huge part of that defense.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I don't get this trade from either side. If you're the Patriots, won't you get a comp pick if/when Collins leaves in FA anyway? You're Super Bowl contenders this year, and Collins is a huge part of that defense.
There is about a 30 pick swing between where the Browns will pick in the 3rd round and where that comp pick would land at the end of the round.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My understanding from the Patriots is that they were pissed at him for free lancing and had already started to reduce his snaps. In the end I think the Patriots just wanted the guy gone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bucs cut former second-rounder Johnthan Banks

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 31, 2016, 5:28 PM EDT

It appears the Buccaneers made room for their newest running back by getting rid of a cornerback.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Buccaneers have waived cornerback Johnthan Banks. The team needed a roster spot to sign running back Mike James, to cover their injury issues at the position.

Banks sent out social media word of his departure earlier in the day, so the news doesn’t come as much of a surprise.

Only his draft status makes it one. The 2013 second-rounder only played four games this year, and has never realized the potential they saw in him. He was a starter, but never settled into a role under Dirk Koetter.
------------

With Claiborne's injury, I would definitely put in a waiver claim.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bucs cut former second-rounder Johnthan Banks

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 31, 2016, 5:28 PM EDT

It appears the Buccaneers made room for their newest running back by getting rid of a cornerback.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Buccaneers have waived cornerback Johnthan Banks. The team needed a roster spot to sign running back Mike James, to cover their injury issues at the position.

Banks sent out social media word of his departure earlier in the day, so the news doesn’t come as much of a surprise.

Only his draft status makes it one. The 2013 second-rounder only played four games this year, and has never realized the potential they saw in him. He was a starter, but never settled into a role under Dirk Koetter.
------------

With Claiborne's injury, I would definitely put in a waiver claim.
Yeah I absolutely would as well. He had a pretty good start to his career. It's not like the Bucs have proven to be very good at evaluating their defensive talent this year. Plus I think he would be a nice fit in our defense.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Surprised no one's dropped this in here yet:

O/U on how many plays before he gets his first concussion?

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Essentially their way of skipping the waiver wire and risking someone else claiming him first.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol @ the Redskins.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Josh Huff arrested on marijuana and weapons charges. :laff
Yeah, he was busted in New Jersey, who has serious gun control laws that carry mandatory sentences. What makes it worse... his gun was loaded with hollow-point bullets. Not good.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, he was busted in New Jersey, who has serious gun control laws that carry mandatory sentences. What makes it worse... his gun was loaded with hollow-point bullets. Not good.
Does that seriously make a difference? It's a different charge than if it was loaded FMJ?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Does that seriously make a difference? It's a different charge than if it was loaded FMJ?
It makes a big difference in NJ that it was loaded. It's a very strict state for gun laws. Almost impossible to get a permit, and if you have a license from another state and are traveling through NJ with a firearm, it has to be secured away (like in the trunk) and the ammo has to be stored separately.

That's my understanding at least.

Apparently a felony. Huff could be in deep trouble.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It makes a big difference in NJ that it was loaded. It's a very strict state for gun laws. Almost impossible to get a permit, and if you have a license from another state and are traveling through NJ with a firearm, it has to be secured away (like in the trunk) and the ammo has to be stored separately.

That's my understanding at least.

Apparently a felony. Huff could be in deep trouble.
Yeah, I understand about the being loaded part. I was talking about the difference in the ammo. Hollow point vs FMJ (full metal jacket)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom