User Tag List

Page 147 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1590

Thread: The Outrage Thread

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Oh. That's good to know. If I am ever presented with the scenario where a policeman has already stated that I'm to be arrested, (he did ask the other officer for some cuffs, afterall. Which started her to walking away) I'll just start walking away. Problem solved! Arrest avoided!

Thanks for the info.

No shit.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

“Now you’re getting dropped” doesn’t sound like a calm cool and professional officer to me...
    @Rev supporter

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    The point is that, they had no reason to arrest her. You can’t decide to arrest a person without cause, without a law being violated. So if they don’t have the legal authority to take her in, why do they need to pursue, attack, and cuff her? In the video he clearly gets frustrated with her tone, and decides to bring her down for not cooperating, which she was under no legal obligation to do. Mouthiness and being a jerk to cops isn’t a crime.
    She had a visible alcoholic drink. Apparently, there that is illegal. They had cause. I mean, they even said that in the video. Are you sure you watched it? Or, are you willfully leaving out parts to try to make this stupid ass argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I actually didn't see her spit at all through the entire video? When exactly did you see her do that? I saw her push the officer but she didn't actually hit him. (I know, legally pushing is assault just like hitting) The push happened when he told her he was going to take her down.
    From the video you can't tell, but my guess is she spit on him when she lunged at him. They charged her with spitting on one of them. From the video that's the only time I can tell she was close enough. But, the video is concurrent. It looks like it has been chopped up.

Either way, she wasn’t going anywhere, what was she gonna do, walk home? Swim to Europe? Plenty of ways they could have dealt with that situation without forcing a confrontation, peacekeepers should want to keep the peace. These trained officers escalated, and went way overboard by chasing/tackling/punching her. A cooler head could have prevented all of it, and that’s what should be expected of cops, they utterly failed at their jobs.
    Good god. If she kept walking what should they do, just follow her in cool pursuit?

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Murder implies intent.

Abortion is viewed by many people as a do-over. Correcting a mistake.

Yes, it involves the loss of biological life, but it is not "murder" in the literal sense.

That just sounds better so the outrage can be a little more powerful.
    You have your opinion of it, and I will have mine. Abortion is murder to me.

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Oh. That's good to know. If I am ever presented with the scenario where a policeman has already stated that I'm to be arrested, (he did ask the other officer for some cuffs, afterall. Which started her to walking away) I'll just start walking away. Problem solved! Arrest avoided!

Thanks for the info.
    Well this is the same group of people who donít think you should have to submit to arrest if you think youíre innocent.

The point is that, they had no reason to arrest her. You canít decide to arrest a person without cause, without a law being violated. So if they donít have the legal authority to take her in, why do they need to pursue, attack, and cuff her? In the video he clearly gets frustrated with her tone, and decides to bring her down for not cooperating, which she was under no legal obligation to do. Mouthiness and being a jerk to cops isnít a crime.
    No, they did have legal reason to arrest her.

Iíd be interested in what the legal eagles on this board would have to say for the standard of possession. Because it seems to me that if they werenít holding the beverage, and provably hadnít consumed it, having it in their general area seems like a pretty lousy standard.
    Probable cause to arrest is not the same as the standard to convict of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

For the millionth time, this bitch was rightfully arrested and rightfully got fucked up for her behavior, which was that of a spoiled, entitled twat.

You always submit to an arrest. Period. And this was apparently a rightful, legal arrest, even if it was ticky-tack.

If the officer crossed the line by punching her twice, thatís a separate issue but not nearly as egregious as some are making it seem.

Either way, she wasnít going anywhere, what was she gonna do, walk home? Swim to Europe? Plenty of ways they could have dealt with that situation without forcing a confrontation, peacekeepers should want to keep the peace. These trained officers escalated, and went way overboard by chasing/tackling/punching her. A cooler head could have prevented all of it, and thatís what should be expected of cops, they utterly failed at their jobs.
    A person resisting arrest deserves to get tackled, forced to the ground, and roughly have the cuffs slapped on them.

Do like the nurse did. Go willingly and then sue.