User Tag List

Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: The Outrage Thread

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ!
    Saw that yesterday. Simply retarded. Also saw that at least one Minneapolis school is pulling To Kill a Mockingbird from its school because the book contains racial slurs.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Saw that yesterday. Simply retarded. Also saw that at least one Minneapolis school is pulling To Kill a Mockingbird from its school because the book contains racial slurs.
    The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn has already been washed clean from Twain's original version. Some schools don't even have kids read it.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn has already been washed clean from Twain's original version. Some schools don't even have kids read it.
    I just don't get it. Do they actually think they are doing the kids a favor by sheltering them from classic literature like this? It would be one thing if the plot of the movie was a slur, but it simple depicts the language used at the time, and the plot is of the black person actually being defended by a white guy. They should be celebrating this book. I just don't get it.

Norm MacDonald had the perfect solution: just pretend Huck is black.

It's funny to go back and look at the cartoons of past. That shit would never fly now. We really are trying to raise a generation of sensitive little bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    It's funny to go back and look at the cartoons of past. That shit would never fly now. We really are trying to raise a generation of sensitive little bitches.
    The TV channel that airs the reruns of Tom and Jerry actually put a warning disclaimer before the shows come on. I'm serious. A "this might disturb some viewers" kinda disclaimer. Our country is in an unbelievable state right now.

The TV channel that airs the reruns of Tom and Jerry actually put a warning disclaimer before the shows come on. I'm serious. A "this might disturb some viewers" kinda disclaimer. Our country is in an unbelievable state right now.
    I have a feeling it is not just this country. The whole world is turning that way.

I have a feeling it is not just this country. The whole world is turning that way.
    Yeah, the UK is just as bad if not worse. Especially on immigration issues.

Yeah, the UK is just as bad if not worse. Especially on immigration issues.
    Yep, the UK has a dedicated "tolerance" division that are locking people up that are islamophobic online
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Yep, the UK has a dedicated "tolerance" division that are locking people up that are islamophobic online
    I’m not Christian but I wonder if a word has been coined like Christianiphobe.