Week 10 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Steelers | 11/13/2016

shane

DCC 4Life
As an aside, probably Lawrence's best game of the year. Encouraging.
The line is actually developing into something. Irving seems like he could be a real impact player at some point down the line too. Marinelli is a miracle worker.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why's your older brother a Cowboys fan...and you must thank him for saving you, too. Although I can't imagine growing up in Eagles-territory being pleasant. Were you the only Cowboys fan in school?
I'm not even sure why he is, probably because of being on tv all the time. And yes I'm thrilled to not be an eagles fan, they are as obnoxious as you'd imagine. I knew several fans of other teams but I don't think any cowboys fans in school, though I do know some now. It's funny because even fans of non-rival teams like the Steelers or jets hate eagles fans around here. My wife is a Steelers fan.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
How does one become a Flyers fan and Cowboys fan? Someone else here is a Phillies fan, too.

My comment must've been a shot from way out of nowhere to you, then. :lol
I'm originally from central NJ and have always been a Cowboys, Yankees and Sixers fan. The Cowboys are the one that people find to be out of left field for me but those were the Pre-Dorsett years. I basically became a fan because of Staubach and Landry.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't understand this gripe we are averaging almost 30 points a game, it keeps the D off balance it's not like they are taking Elliot off the field for it.
Cause it reminds people of the Garrett playcalling days when PASSING BAD RUNNING GOOD

I like how our coaching was terribly today despite pulling out a great win in a difficult road environment with a defense that is starting to hemorrhage.

But we won in spite of the coaching. Offensive play calling prevented us from scoring 42, we only got 35.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Totally disagree. Gave up 4 touchdowns, 6 scoring drives total, 30 points and went belly up with the lead and less than 2 minutes left in the game.

Faced a very good offense and were missing several key players in the secondary, but nonetheless not their best work.
Yep. The offense had to keep bailing water to pull off this win.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

GShock

DCC 4Life
As an aside, Church needs to get healthy right now, and who would have thought that losing Claibust would have such an impact.

Leon McFadden :skurred

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Apparently [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] has hacked Whataburger's Twitter account.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As an aside, Church needs to get healthy right now, and who would have thought that losing Claibust would have such an impact.

Leon McFadden :skurred
Yeah once Scandrick came out it became real ugly in the seconday. We need to get healthy back there real quick.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Cause it reminds people of the Garrett playcalling days when PASSING BAD RUNNING GOOD

I like how our coaching was terribly today despite pulling out a great win in a difficult road environment with a defense that is starting to hemorrhage.

But we won in spite of the coaching. Offensive play calling prevented us from scoring 42, we only got 35.
The playcalling did hurt us in that game just as it hurt us at the end of the 1st half vs Philly.

This staff absolutely has to stop with the empty sets and the abandonment of the run once we get into the redzone.

It makes no sense whatsoever to be running the ball the way we are and then get inside the 10 and just decide to throw 3 straight passes out of the shotgun, especially out of an empty set.

It also makes no sense to be keep going empty backfield to start a new series of downs when we are running the ball so well. One of the biggest advantages of having a running game like ours is that it keeps the defense unbalanced. It leaves them guessing because they have to account for everything and cannot commit to playing either the run or the pass because they know they can get hit by either at any moment.

We basically take that advantage, spit on it, and throw it in the gutter when we constantly line up in an empty set when there is no reason to do so. We are taking that advantage that we've built and we've given it back to the defense in the form of a get-out-of-jail free card, and I will never ever understand the logic in doing something like that.

We also hurt ourselves yesterday by throwing Dunbar out there time and time again. He can't run better than any other RB on the roster, he can't catch better than any other RB on the roster, and he certainly can't block better than other RB on the roster, and yet there he is trotting out there over and over and over.

I'm guessing every defense we play will take that every.single.time.

Yes, please keep Zeke on the sideline! Thanks!

Dunbar almost cost us that Dez TD because he got blown up on that play.

The offense is scoring points and I think that they have been well-coached for the most part this season, but the aforementioned mental blunders keep on happening and it almost cost us yesterday just like it almost cost us vs Philly, and it made the game vs Green Bay closer than it should have been for the first 3 quarters.

It's going to cost us in a big game this year if the staff doesn't learn to stop shooting itself in the foot so often.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That facemask on Beasley was awful. How any ref on the field missed that is pretty shady. Especially the side judge. This pic doesn't show him, but he was only about 10-15 yards away, staring right at the play, with nobody between them to block his view.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That facemask on Beasley was awful. How any ref on the field missed that is pretty shady. Especially the side judge. This pic doesn't show him, but he was only about 10-15 yards away, staring right at the play, with nobody between them to block his view.

No kidding. That's the type of face mask that could seriously hurt someone. These refs need to start facing real repercussions for this stuff.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
At the :07 mark, you get a good look at the side judge looking right at it. That guy should be fired for not calling this.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No kidding. That's the type of face mask that could seriously hurt someone. These refs need to start facing real repercussions for this stuff.
That is part of the problem.

The NBA is open about their critique of the refs and the penalties they face.

The NFL is so protective of their refs and just refuse to hold them accountable for anything. It's like they think they're going to cause a rebellion from players on the field if they make the refs seems vulnerable.

Nonsense.

I think this stems from a good point [MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION] made the other day. The NFL's rule-makers and decision-makers are old white guys who think things are supposed to be done THEIR way. They aren't in touch with the times nor with the younger generations who are prominent in the lifestyle of said times.

They end up making rules that seem silly because they are seriously outdated and no longer apply to today's world.

If you want to know the biggest reason why the NFL's ratings are down, it's because so many people are turned off by the NFL and how it conducts it's business, and you don't need to look any further than the NFL's rules committee to see where that problem stems from.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Best part was the look on the Steelers faces after the facemask penalty.

They knew it was over then.
Yep. It was priceless, especially after seeing them a few seconds earlier thinking their trick spike TD pass won it for them. I'm going to replay Roethlisberger on the sidelines cursing up and down over and over again. It's like Christmas in November.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
save for a couple of us, we've never enjoyed an 8-game win streak in our lifetime. I don't know what to do.

Wins over the 49ers, Packers and Steelers...in their home.
Just unreal. :towel

Top Bottom