2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bronson Kaufusi just went and that dude is a fourth or fifth rounder at best. But you're telling me a guy projected in the second/third went too high?
What the fuck have you been looking at? Kaufusi has been in the same area as Collins, if not higher.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like Darian Thompson. Wish he wouldn't have gone to the Giants. Excellent pick for them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I don't agree with that.

Both guys aren't who I would have selected, but both are solid picks. And with Smith, the chance for a home run is there. It sucks we won't get to see him play this year, but just think of it as trading your pick for a first rounder next year. It's not like we're waiting a year for some middling scrub. This guy has game changing potential. If he never makes it back, yeah. It'll suck major ass. But if he does? This has the potential to be a draft we look at as helping us turn it around. We have to trust that his/our doctor gave him a good chance of recovery.
It was a dice roll on Smith and a very underwhelming pick in Collins.

data

Forbes #1
Booze is on the ropes. Punch your way out, baby, punch out of there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could have drafted that guy.

But, Maliek Collins. That solid fucking pick he is.
Collins got first round pub before this past season. He got lost in this crazy DT draft but you're way underselling him. We actually drafted a 310 pound DT, I'm thrilled.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fourth round targets:

Ronald Blair
Kendall Fuller
Harlan Miller
Eric Murray
Braxton Miller
Connor Cook
Kody Listenbee

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Booze is on the ropes. Punch your way out, baby, punch out of there.
Whatever. I don't like Collins. It is not like he was the "last of the Mohicans" and we had to pick him.

He's undersized and can't hold the point. And if you want an interior disruptor, needs to be better than that guy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Miami takes Kenyon Drake. I wonder what happened to the phenom known as Ajayi?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Collins got first round pub before this past season. He got lost in this crazy DT draft but you're way underselling him. We actually drafted a 310 pound DT, I'm thrilled.
Yep, I read some stuff that had him at the top of the 2nd in this draft.

D

Deuce

My problem with Collins is he's a former line mate of Gregory. I don't know anything about his character, but I don't want Gregory getting comfortable with old buddies and reverting back to old behaviors.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whatever. I don't like Collins. It is not like he was the "last of the Mohicans" and we had to pick him.

He's undersized and can't hold the point. And if you want an interior disruptor, needs to be better than that guy.
At 6'2" 311 pounds he is undersized? News to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom