User Tag List

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: The Outrage Thread

"I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party. But this decision is not about me. It’s about the people of Minnesota," Franken said.

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    Having sexual contact with a 14 year old was against the law, even 30 years ago even in Alabama. In Franken's case, they are much more recent. In Conyers case, the guy had multiple settlements on our dime for his behavior. None of them should be serving
    Yep, I get that stuff. I'm talking about accusations that people like Bette Midler made. She claimed Geraldo Rivera groped her back in the 1970s. That's the stuff that I said was a bit of a cultural norm pre-1980s.

The way people have overly sensitized things now any little thing can be construed as sexual harassment.

You used to be able to ask to take a woman out on a date 2 or 3 times......just a little persistence on your part to see if you've grown on her. Now you'd get slapped with harassment charges if you continue to press for a date after the initial rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    "I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party. But this decision is not about me. It’s about the people of Minnesota," Franken said.

Instead of just being contrite it always has to be, "well they did the same thing but worse!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    He's a fucking pedo. No doubt about it. He even signed one of the girl's yearbook.

But you guys are quick to call for Al Franken's head.
    Whereas it took seven women to come forward before Dems finally asked him to step down. What, six wasn't enough?

Can we be candid here? If the governor of Minnesota, who will appoint Frankenís replacement, was not a Democrat, those "brave" Dem women who spoke out yesterday would be begging Franken to remain in office. But since he's damaged beyond repair and is no cinch for reelection in 2020, out he goes.

from the "no shit" department ...

Democrats Aren’t Giving Up Anything

by Ramesh Ponnuru. NRO
    December 6, 2017

Dahlia Lithwick is unhappy that Democrats are holding themselves to higher standards than Republicans are. For Democrats to push John Conyers and Al Franken out of office while Republicans embrace Donald Trump and Roy Moore is “unilateral disarmament,” she writes.

But the analogy does not really apply. I’m glad Conyers has resigned in disgrace and hope Franken will too. But Democrats aren’t really sacrificing anything in these cases. They will get a new Democratic senator to replace Franken and a new Democratic representative to replace Conyers. (He may even be named Conyers.) Democrats can cut these guys loose at no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    from the "no shit" department ...

Democrats Aren’t Giving Up Anything

by Ramesh Ponnuru. NRO
    December 6, 2017

Dahlia Lithwick is unhappy that Democrats are holding themselves to higher standards than Republicans are. For Democrats to push John Conyers and Al Franken out of office while Republicans embrace Donald Trump and Roy Moore is “unilateral disarmament,” she writes.

But the analogy does not really apply. I’m glad Conyers has resigned in disgrace and hope Franken will too. But Democrats aren’t really sacrificing anything in these cases. They will get a new Democratic senator to replace Franken and a new Democratic representative to replace Conyers. (He may even be named Conyers.) Democrats can cut these guys loose at no cost.
    That's good to know. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think anyone is saying the party has to take a loss when these guys step down due to misconduct.

Just like with Moore in Alabama, my position on it has always been this....I get that it's a Red State, but do you have to stick with THAT guy. Were there no other Republicans worthy of that nomination? Pick that other Republican and cruise to victory down south like you always do in that region.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

Instead of just being contrite it always has to be, "well they did the same thing but worse!!!!"
    Why would the party of Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Barney Frank, Eliot Spitzer and Anthony Weiner think they have the moral high ground?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    That's good to know. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think anyone is saying the party has to take a loss when these guys step down due to misconduct.

Just like with Moore in Alabama, my position on it has always been this....I get that it's a Red State, but do you have to stick with THAT guy. Were there no other Republicans worthy of that nomination? Pick that other Republican and cruise to victory down south like you always do in that region.
    Oh, absolutely. I objected to this guy long before the sex stuff came out simply because he's a religious nut, and his spokespeople are just as bizarre and loathsome. I wasn't a Luther Strange fan, but at least he was sane. If Alabama wants to know why the rest of the country looks down on them, it's because of lunatic rednecks like Moore. That said, he won't vote against Trump's judicial appointees/nominations, which is more than I can say about his Dem opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

I noticed that too. It's completely insincere. Typical Democrat, partisan to the last.

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    Why would the party of Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Barney Frank, Eliot Spitzer and Anthony Weiner think they have the moral high ground?
    Um, because the child molester in that group is in prison while team Red's is about to be elected to the Senate.