User Tag List

Page 150 of 164 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1633

Thread: The Outrage Thread

I don’t know why but I always get a chuckle when I hear a white person use the term “rich white peope”.

Nancy Brewer, a retired Santa Clara County assistant public defender, described Persky as being "respected by both prosecutors and defenders", further stating that he "is seen as a fair judge who is not soft on crime or someone who gives lenient sentences." Brewer said that Persky "carefully evaluated the evidence and did what he thought was a fair and appropriate sentence in the case ... based on the Santa Clara County Probation Department's pre-sentence investigation report." Attorney and media legal analyst Danny Cevallos said the judge "absolutely is obliged to consider very seriously the [probation department] report" and noted that the California penal code allows a judge to depart from the statutory minimum (two years) after considering the defendant's lack of criminal history and the effect of incarceration. Cevallos believed that while the sentence was lenient, Turner's prior clean record made him a candidate for minimum sentencing.[65]

Deputy Public Defender Sajid Khan did not consider the sentence lenient as he noted "Turner will register as a sex offender for life, and if he violates his probation he could go to prison for 14 years." Khan further stated that "Persky's reputation among public defenders (a group closely attuned to racial inequities in the courtroom) is that of a fair-minded jurist", saying, "No one has been able to cite an example so far of him [sic] where a similarly situated minority client has been treated harshly by him. We appreciated...the judge's understanding of Brock Turner's humanity...and we would want any judge to do the same for our clients."[16][66] Similarly, other sitting judges (both state and federal) and legal commentators have defended Persky's decision, noted that the sentence may, in their opinion, be disproportionate due to the life-long consequences of a criminal conviction and sex offender registration, and called on the bar to protect the independence of the judiciary.[67][68][69]
    Judge "OBLIGED" (obligated) to give heavy weight to the Pre Sentence Investigation (PSI). The Judge is allowed to depart from the statutory minimum of two years. And this Judge had a history of being "fair" to minority defendants, noted by multiple former Public Defenders (as noted, the people who are likely to be more sensitive to minority plights).

Derp.
    Last edited by mschmidt64; 06-06-2018 at 12:21 PM.

I mean, trying to claim this judge is biased and needs to be removed because of "rich white privilege" sentencings, is like the epitome of an argument that is all because you are trying to get a win for Team Blue (noting that we don't even know what party this judge is part of).

This reaction is simple racing to back the liberal cause because it's the liberal cause. There is ZERO conceptualization of the facts, the consequences, or even the correct perspectives in evaluation the qualifications of this judge. Like I just posted, liberal public defenders raced to this guy's defense as a judge they WANTED sentencing their clients, who are largely minorities.

But, you know, rich white men and all. Take him down!

All because of a SJW movement from some bitch professor from Stanford with nothing better to do with her time than rabble rouse on social media. Well done, voters, indeed.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Judge "OBLIGED" (obligated) to give heavy weight to the Pre Sentence Investigation (PSI). The Judge is allowed to depart from the statutory minimum of two years. And this Judge had a history of being "fair" to minority defendants, noted by multiple former Public Defenders (as noted, the people who are likely to be more sensitive to minority plights).

Derp.
    Well, would you look at that?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

So this is where we're at as the shithole cunt of a country deteriorates even further.

Slaps on the fucking wrist for the raping of women.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    So this is where we're at as the shithole cunt of a country deteriorates even further.

Slaps on the fucking wrist for the raping of women.
    Take it up with your favorite state's legislators, then. Not the Judge.

But my guess is that when the next rape perpetrator, who is hispanic or something, gets 20 years, you'll be crying about that too then.

But my guess is that when the next rape perpetrator, who is hispanic or something, gets 20 years, you'll be crying about that too then.
    Nope, anyone who rapes should be thrown under a jail and forgotten.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Nope, anyone who rapes should be thrown under a jail and forgotten.
    I think we all can agree with this.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Yep he doesn’t mind playing both ends against middle. He can dance to any tune with any partner just as long as he is spreading his own brand of of horse manure.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I think we all can agree with this.
    I'd be careful about that, especially in today's PC society. I'm not commenting on this particular case, cause I don't know the exact details.

But way too often these days, you get two drunk people at a party, they go upstairs and do it, and then later the woman claims she wasn't able to consent and it was rape.

Obvious, non-intoxicated, forceable attack and rape is a crime that should definitely be up there in the "years" category of imprisonment. The hallmarks of this crime are going to be assault/battery as well, where there was physical resistance and injuries caused.

But simple lack of affirmative consent "date rape" where someone pressured you into sex, or took advantage of your inebriated mental state, or simply didn't correctly read your mixed signals, should definitely not be in the same category, and probably should not require you to register as a sex offender either. If the woman did a walk of shame the next morning, I am inclined to downgrade any potential charges.