User Tag List

Page 176 of 198 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1976

Thread: The Outrage Thread

Powerful GOP Rep. Jim Jordan accused of turning blind eye to sexual abuse as Ohio State wrestling coach

2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    This is so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post

https://www.facebook.com/itsgonevira...4148708861534/

Facebook video, so I don't know how to imbed. Or if it even can be.

But this short video clip is guaranteed to make you question the sanity of today's society coupled with our modern technology.

For the life of me, and can't understand why they don't make texting inoperable when the phone is moving more than a few mph.

I read an article about when Whitney Houston sang the nation anthem in 1991 earlier this morning. The article was about how powerful and impactful the song was in a time when the country was hurting over the gulf war. Have we forgotten how much a dose of patriotism can really rally the country? The current tone seems almost unstoppable right now. I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for a change of mood.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    I read an article about when Whitney Houston sang the nation anthem in 1991 earlier this morning. The article was about how powerful and impactful the song was in a time when the country was hurting over the gulf war. Have we forgotten how much a dose of patriotism can really rally the country? The current tone seems almost unstoppable right now. I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for a change of mood.
    Patriotism seems to be an all-time high for non-wartime period. A wartime enemy can be considered too easy, right now the definition of American culture is being fought for and defined.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/itsgonevira...4148708861534/

Facebook video, so I don't know how to imbed. Or if it even can be.

But this short video clip is guaranteed to make you question the sanity of today's society coupled with our modern technology.

For the life of me, and can't understand why they don't make texting inoperable when the phone is moving more than a few mph.
    I am sure it is. Some apps like Waze at least make you hit "passenger" before allowing navigation with the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Patriotism seems to be an all-time high for non-wartime period. A wartime enemy can be considered too easy, right now the definition of American culture is being fought for and defined.
    Could Whitney sing the national anthem at a large event and bring the country together temporarily right now? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I am sure it is. Some apps like Waze at least make you hit "passenger" before allowing navigation with the phone.
    Yeah, I know that is already offered. But lets be honest. How many people would actually activate something like that on their phone? I'm talking about making it across the board inoperable if you are moving faster than say, 5 mph. Voice would still work, so you could still talk while moving, so that should answer the "what if I am having an emergency?" angle. But there would be no more texting, or checking your God damn facebook while driving. People would just have to learn to ride in a car as a passenger and not zone out into their phones. I know, I know... What a horrible thought for today's kids not being able to turn into a phone zombie while in the car. Oh well.