Packers Stuff...

Jiggyfly

Banned
Alot of the personnel is the same in the front 7 as it was in 2014 in terms of Guion, Mike Daniels and Datone Jones on the line, and Matthews, Peppers and Perry at OLB. There are a few differences but nothing major, like A.J. Hawk and Sam Barrington are gone at ILB, replaced by Jake Ryan and Joe Thomas.

They also have some nice rookies in Kenny Clark, Kyler Fackrell and Blake Martinez, but I wouldn't say they have been game changers up to this point.

The front 7 is still built around Matthews, Daniels, Guion, Jones and Peppers. The biggest difference is that Perry is having a breakout season after being mediocre over his first couple of years.

They don't have much DL depth and really rely on speed/confusion in the front 7 with their zone blitz scheme and mixing/matching blitzes and coverages. Often times they will only have 1 or 2 pure DL on the field at a time.

If our OL is able to communicate with the crowd noise and the score stays close to where our offense doesn't become unbalanced I think we should be able to run the ball on them.
I knew they drafted Clark and Martinez has been getting a lot of good press.

But I thought there were other changes in the line maybe the maturation of Jones and Perry is the biggest difference.

Looking at the schedule they also have played against some very suspect lines and RB's.

Jackonsvile.
Minny.
Detroit.

Let's just say the data is from a suspect sample size.:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I knew they drafted Clark and Martinez has been getting a lot of good press.

But I thought there were other changes in the line maybe the maturation of Jones and Perry is the biggest difference.

Looking at the schedule they also have played against some very suspect lines and RB's.

Jackonsvile.
Minny.
Detroit.

Let's just say the data is from a suspect sample size.:lol
I posted that myself.

All 4 teams are ranked 32nd, 30th, 23rd, and 27th in rushing.

All bad running teams. They aren't ready for us.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I missed that, my bad.

Yeah this should be a real test for them.
Not only are the teams they faced ranked among the worst overall in rushing, not a single one of them has a RB you would fear either.

The Vikes have Peterson, but he was hurt in that game and the Vikes O-line isn't creating space.

I think we'll absolutely break 100 yards on them, but I'm hoping for something in the 160-180 total yard range.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ack...that's an ugly stat.

I know we won at Wisconsin back in 91, but that wasn't in Lambeau. Still, I never would've guessed we had only won once ever at Lambeau.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
History is definitely against us. BTW.....the next few Packers/Cowboys game SHOULD be played in Dallas. I read/heard that something like 6 of the last 7 games between the teams have been played in Lambeau. That's some bullshat.

I'll do my part Sunday morning. I'll jump start the gameday thread before heading out to Hard Rock Stadium.

I scored a free ticket to the Steelers/Dolphins game. I'll be one of the schmucks on the field waving the flag during the anthem.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Had some of those Milwaukee games been played in Lambeau, our W-L record wouldn't be as sorry. FWIW, Brett Favre never won a game in Dallas (0-9).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Had some of those Milwaukee games been played in Lambeau, our W-L record wouldn't be as sorry. FWIW, Brett Favre never won a game in Dallas (0-9).
I was there for most of them.

Cotton

Staff member
History is definitely against us. BTW.....the next few Packers/Cowboys game SHOULD be played in Dallas. I read/heard that something like 6 of the last 7 games between the teams have been played in Lambeau. That's some bullshat.

I'll do my part Sunday morning. I'll jump start the gameday thread before heading out to Hard Rock Stadium.

I scored a free ticket to the Steelers/Dolphins game. I'll be one of the schmucks on the field waving the flag during the anthem.
That's cool.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I really hope Tyron Smith sitting out practice was indeed precautionary.

I'd hate to see us have to reshuffle the entire line like that.

Cotton

Staff member
I really hope Tyron Smith sitting out practice was indeed precautionary.

I'd hate to see us have to reshuffle the entire line like that.
Same here. It's one thing to sub in a T. It's an entirely different animal to sub in a G, move a T, and move a player from G to T. Gives me a panic attack thinking about it.

Cotton

Staff member

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
So what you're saying is that there's a chance.

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Free at LT? That's frightening.

Top Bottom