The Great Police Work Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Our country now looks like a bunch of fucked in the head barbarians. Just shameful.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's a bad state we are in. There seems to be no way to get out of it. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I feel like the more we make it about race, the worse it will get.
But it is a racial thing.

Last I checked, it isn't white men getting pulled over and killed by the cops.

We need stop pretending that racism isn't the main reason why this keeps happening.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
God, what a terrible day for our country. Me heart hurts today. It was already heavy because of what happened in Louisiana and Minnesota, but now, it hurts. What happened last night in Dallas was nothing short of a terrorist attack on our police. Unconscionable.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But it is a racial thing.

Last I checked, it isn't white men getting pulled over and killed by the cops.

We need stop pretending that racism isn't the main reason why this keeps happening.
I don't think anyone is pretending. In fact, it is out of control because it is painted as race motivated "genocide".

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think anyone is pretending. In fact, it is out of control because it is painted as race motivated "genocide".
And, it's not. That's my point. I'm not going to get into some deep argument about the police cases. Not after what happened in Dallas. Just sick.

Cotton

Staff member

Watch all the way to the end. This looks like something you would see in Libya, not in our country.

Cotton

Staff member

Holy shit, this is scary as hell. Had to have been multiple gunmen.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You had to expect something like this was coming. People have a breaking point when they are being targeted unfairly. I'm not making excuses for terrorists who would snipe people, but I just figured this kind of thing was going to happen sooner or later when a man can't even reach for his wallet while being black.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Pretty cool.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You had to expect something like this was coming. People have a breaking point when they are being targeted unfairly. I'm not making excuses for terrorists who would snipe people, but I just figured this kind of thing was going to happen sooner or later when a man can't even reach for his wallet while being black.
It's no different than the Rodney King riots.

Is it right? No. Is it idiotic? Yes.

But like you said, there's only so much injustice a person or people are going to take before they blow.

The OJ Simpson doc on ESPN was great and it showed the long corrupt history the LAPD had with abusing black citizens. This was years and years of brutality and abuse. So even if Rodney King wasn't an upstanding citizen, there was no right to beat him to a pulp like they did and letting those cops off with no punishment was just too much for people to take.

That is what is happening now. Now you've got thugs and hoods running around targeting cops and it's an awful situation because innocent cops are losing their lives as a result. But this all stems from police brutality and abuse being allowed to continue for far too long.

Cotton

Staff member
There was some moron walking around in camo, carrying a semi-automatic rifle at this thing last night. He got mad because his picture got out when the cops were looking for him. Well, you stupid shit, what did you expect when there were a bunch of cops getting shot and you're walking around with a rifle strapped around your neck?

Cotton

Staff member
It's no different than the Rodney King riots.

Is it right? No. Is it idiotic? Yes.

But like you said, there's only so much injustice a person or people are going to take before they blow.

The OJ Simpson doc on ESPN was great and it showed the long corrupt history the LAPD had with abusing black citizens. This was years and years of brutality and abuse. So even if Rodney King wasn't an upstanding citizen, there was no right to beat him to a pulp like they did and letting those cops off with no punishment was just too much for people to take.

That is what is happening now. Now you've got thugs and hoods running around targeting cops and it's an awful situation because innocent cops are losing their lives as a result. But this all stems from police brutality and abuse being allowed to continue for far too long.
There is no excuse for this. Stop trying to make one.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Genocide it is not, but for people to still pretend that blacks are not being racially profiled and targeted by trigger-happy police is either complete ignorance or an outright refusal to acknowledge the issue.

It's a problem and it's been a problem for a long time and it's decision-makers who have ignored it or tried to downplay it that have played a large part in this issue getting to the point that it has.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There is no excuse for this. Stop trying to make one.
Dude, nobody is making an excuse.

Is that what you got from that? If so, you need to work on your comprehension skills.

Like I said in another post, far too many people would defend the police for obvious acts of abuse because the guy they were abusing was a thug or a loser or whatever else.

Look how many people defended that asshole that killed Trayvon Martin. He was a fricking kid, for crying out loud. But he smoked weed so of course he must've been waiting to kill someone that day, right?

So many people defended that guy who killed him by saying he was defending himself or the kid may have been up to no good or some other such nonsense, and now look.....since that incident, that guy has done nothing but show what a piece of shit he is and he sure doesn't look like someone who was defending himself now.

My point is, there are tons of people who always try to spin an obvious case of racial profiling and abuse and make a case for the offender when there is no case to be made. And as a result, guilty assholes keep getting off and it builds anger and frustration within a group and then they blow.

This is the result of people losing it. It's not defensible, it's not right, and you don't fight fire with fire. I'm simply saying that I understand why this stuff happens and you could see it coming from a mile away.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Feh, "people losing it" would be a guy or two in the mob getting worked up and firing a few rounds.

A coordinated sniper attack involving four gunmen at strategic positions creating an ambush sounds like terrorism to me.

Cotton

Staff member
Feh, "people losing it" would be a guy or two in the mob getting worked up and firing a few rounds.

A coordinated sniper attack involving four gunmen at strategic positions creating an ambush sounds like terrorism to me.
Yep.

Cotton

Staff member
This is dead on how I feel about all of this...

Jiggyfly

Banned
There was some moron walking around in camo, carrying a semi-automatic rifle at this thing last night. He got mad because his picture got out when the cops were looking for him. Well, you stupid shit, what did you expect when there were a bunch of cops getting shot and you're walking around with a rifle strapped around your neck?
It was a stupid thing to do but yet you have the NRA promoting the right to carry weapons like that around in public and people actualy doing it to promote there 2nd amendment rights.

Top Bottom