User Tag List

Page 145 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1546

Thread: The Outrage Thread

  1. #1441
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,370
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Oh. That's good to know. If I am ever presented with the scenario where a policeman has already stated that I'm to be arrested, (he did ask the other officer for some cuffs, afterall. Which started her to walking away) I'll just start walking away. Problem solved! Arrest avoided!

    Thanks for the info.
    “Getting the cuffs” is not a reason to be arrested, she should have complied, but they had no reason to escalate, other than wanting to beat on a girl.

  2. #1442
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,412
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    “Getting the cuffs” is not a reason to be arrested, she should have complied, but they had no reason to escalate, other than wanting to beat on a girl.
    And right there is where we are disconnected. You claim the officers escalated the situation by following her. I claim she did, since they had already stated their intentions of placing her under arrest and she started to leave. That would be considered fleeing, if she had continued to leave. But she didn't. When they followed, instead of continuing to flee, she turned and escalated things by committing assault.

    As for your comment of "other than wanting to beat on a girl" is nothing but speculation and a biased wishful thinking, trying to use shock to further your agenda. You have absolutely NO idea of what was going on in any of their minds. She instigated the physical part of the altercation. You can argue against that point until you're blue in the face. Anybody that watches the video can clearly see that to be the case.

  3. The following 2 users like this post:


  4. #1443
    Senior Member Chocolate Lab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    I’m like 75% sure this cop beats his wife, if a mouthy woman makes you agitated enough to “take her down” that behavior doesn’t come off with the uniform.
    Wow
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

    The Garrett Song

  5. #1444
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,370
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    And right there is where we are disconnected. You claim the officers escalated the situation by following her. I claim she did, since they had already stated their intentions of placing her under arrest and she started to leave. That would be considered fleeing, if she had continued to leave. But she didn't. When they followed, instead of continuing to flee, she turned and escalated things by committing assault.

    As for your comment of "other than wanting to beat on a girl" is nothing but speculation and a biased wishful thinking, trying to use shock to further your agenda. You have absolutely NO idea of what was going on in any of their minds. She instigated the physical part of the altercation. You can argue against that point until you're blue in the face. Anybody that watches the video can clearly see that to be the case.
    The point is that, they had no reason to arrest her. You can’t decide to arrest a person without cause, without a law being violated. So if they don’t have the legal authority to take her in, why do they need to pursue, attack, and cuff her? In the video he clearly gets frustrated with her tone, and decides to bring her down for not cooperating, which she was under no legal obligation to do. Mouthiness and being a jerk to cops isn’t a crime.

  6. #1445
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    Wow
    Yep, big jump that the creep who chases and punches little girls might not have a tranquil home life.

  7. #1446
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I guess you missed the her spitting and hitting them part.
    I actually didn't see her spit at all through the entire video? When exactly did you see her do that? I saw her push the officer but she didn't actually hit him. (I know, legally pushing is assault just like hitting) The push happened when he told her he was going to take her down.

  8. #1447
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,227
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Yep, big jump that the creep who chases and punches little girls might not have a tranquil home life.
    How would you place your comment into evidence at a trial? Just stick to what you see and hear. Your commentary is completely inapproiate in trying to convince someone to agree with your position.
    Since Day One

  9. #1448
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,412
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    The point is that, they had no reason to arrest her. You can’t decide to arrest a person without cause, without a law being violated. So if they don’t have the legal authority to take her in, why do they need to pursue, attack, and cuff her? In the video he clearly gets frustrated with her tone, and decides to bring her down for not cooperating, which she was under no legal obligation to do. Mouthiness and being a jerk to cops isn’t a crime.
    Open alcoholic container in an area where it was prohibited is probable cause, which initiated the contact between her and the officers. Then, when they found out she was under the age of 21, that was where the arrestable offence was made. Argue it all you want. It wont change those facts. And from there, we've already went over and over what actually happened. To the point of extreme boredom with the subject.

  10. The following user likes this post:


  11. #1449
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,370
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Open alcoholic container in an area where it was prohibited is probable cause, which initiated the contact between her and the officers. Then, when they found out she was under the age of 21, that was where the arrestable offence was made. Argue it all you want. It wont change those facts. And from there, we've already went over and over what actually happened. To the point of extreme boredom with the subject.
    I’d be interested in what the legal eagles on this board would have to say for the standard of possession. Because it seems to me that if they weren’t holding the beverage, and provably hadn’t consumed it, having it in their general area seems like a pretty lousy standard.

  12. #1450
    Senior Member townsend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,370
    Either way, she wasn’t going anywhere, what was she gonna do, walk home? Swim to Europe? Plenty of ways they could have dealt with that situation without forcing a confrontation, peacekeepers should want to keep the peace. These trained officers escalated, and went way overboard by chasing/tackling/punching her. A cooler head could have prevented all of it, and that’s what should be expected of cops, they utterly failed at their jobs.
    Last edited by townsend; 05-31-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •