User Tag List

Page 136 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1547

Thread: The Outrage Thread

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digi...22025NCJRS.pdf

Pursuit Alternatives
    The essential purpose of pursuit is to apprehend a traffic law violator or criminal
    offender. If this apprehension can be accomplished by means other than high-speed
    pursuit, then law enforcement should try to use them. When offenders are known,
    they can probably be apprehended, without chases, in their homes or in places they
    frequent. Whether or not to engage in a high-speed chase then becomes a question
    of weighing the danger to the public of the chase itself against the danger to the
    public of the offender remaining at large. For anyone other than a violent felon, the
    balance weighs against the high-speed chase.
    Policies on high speed pursuits vary wildly by department.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    And but for an unlawful arrest there is no resisting. So if your logic is that it's some how her fault she got an ass beating. Then the same logic holds that it's all the officers fault if the arrest or detention is unlawful.

But I digress. That's not really the point. The cop beat the piss out of a girl when he didn't need to at all. Excessive force is always wrong.
    . Wasnít debating the case I was pointing out Schmidtís argument. As far as I an concerned there isnít enough conclusive information to make a definite determination. The prima faca evidence from the video is that the officer punched the person several times but nothing is known as to whether there was any mitigating circumstances.
    Since Day One

She has the duty to submit to an unlawful arrest.

You are out of your fucking mind.

From everything I’ve seen lawyers always say submit 1st, litigate later. Which is excellent advise for the person being arrested.

That’s a separate issue from the expectations of professional conduct for police officers. Like Schmidt said, and I agree, there can be two bad actors. In this case there was at least one (the cop), possibly two if she was being arrested for a real crime.

I wasn’t here when that detective assaulted and “arrested” a nurse for refusing to let him have access to a patient, I’d be interested if the people siding with the cops this time thought the nurse was in the wrong too.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Read that guy's other postings on the incident. Utterly incredible. Mind-boggling behavior.

I wonder how much of the bakery's conduct Townsend agrees with. @townsend?
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post

You are out of your fucking mind.
    You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    From everything I’ve seen lawyers always say submit 1st, litigate later. Which is excellent advise for the person being arrested.
    This.

Period.

Anyone not adhering to this, even if being unlawfully detained, is going to get beat up by police as they subdue you within their right and obligation.

That’s a separate issue from the expectations of professional conduct for police officers. Like Schmidt said, and I agree, there can be two bad actors. In this case there was at least one (the cop), possibly two if she was being arrested for a real crime.

I wasn’t here when that detective assaulted and “arrested” a nurse for refusing to let him have access to a patient, I’d be interested if the people siding with the cops this time thought the nurse was in the wrong too.
    That nurse didn't resist arrest. Bodycam footage shows her backing away as he approaches her telling her she's under arrest, but as soon as he grabs her and turns her around, she is compliant (though yelling). She doesn't try to pull her arms out like this bitch does. She doesn't kick at the officers and squirm on the ground. She complies with the arrest and then raised hell after.

And when it came out that the policeman was being a dick with no reason, he was fired. 100% the correct outcome.

That is how you handle it.

You don't fight the police. And if you do, you get an ass whooping. Justifiably.

You do not fight the police. Unless you're prepared for that and accept it and don't plan on crying like a baby when they injure you while taking you down.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    . Wasn’t debating the case I was pointing out Schmidt’s argument. As far as I an concerned there isn’t enough conclusive information to make a definite determination. The prima faca evidence from the video is that the officer punched the person several times but nothing is known as to whether there was any mitigating circumstances.
    Looks like he hits her twice and once was mostly a miss.

The department says bodycam footage will be released soon and make her actions look much worse. I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    You don't fight the police. And if you do, you get an ass whooping. Justifiably.

You do not fight the police. Unless you're prepared for that and accept it and don't plan on crying like a baby when they injure you while taking you down.
    Is boils down to this. It really is just this simple.