2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
There has been some news stories that move on . Org was funding some of it. Regardless it's still thuggery and violent trash.
Everything I've found has been unfounded accusations. Other than fringe media sites.

That's quite a bit different from the vocal support for physical violence Trump has been repeatedly giving at rallies, on video. Also am I to assume that the most violent and aggressive rallying group is afforded some kind of rights to threaten and hurt people, but if a protest makes them feel unsafe, then that's when it's crossing the line? Seems to me that's like letting a bully punch whoever he wants, and then stepping in only when the bully gets punched back. If Trump's campaigns were peaceful, then they should enjoy free speech, but they're riots incited by a mad man, and they deserve to reap the whirlwind.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Everything I've found has been unfounded accusations. Other than fringe media sites.

That's quite a bit different from the vocal support for physical violence Trump has been repeatedly giving at rallies, on video. Also am I to assume that the most violent and aggressive rallying group is afforded some kind of rights to threaten and hurt people, but if a protest makes them feel unsafe, then that's when it's crossing the line? Seems to me that's like letting a bully punch whoever he wants, and then stepping in only when the bully gets punched back. If Trump's campaigns were peaceful, then they should enjoy free speech, but they're riots incited by a mad man, and they deserve to reap the whirlwind.
You prefer to concentrate on the whether they were hired rather than they are thugs and violent people? Does it negate the action? Whether one agrees with Trump it still isn't right.

townsend

Banned
You prefer to concentrate on the whether they were hired rather than they are thugs and violent people? Does it negate the action? Whether one greed with Trump it still isn't right.
I don't think violence against Trump is right, but I do believe he is to blame for it. He's insighted a violent backlash, because of his violent rallies, and so should be faulted for the violent protests. Not any of his political rivals.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think violence against Trump is right, but I do believe he is to blame for it. He's insighted a violent backlash, because of his violent rallies, and so should be faulted for the violent protests. Not any of his political rivals.
Free speech is protected. Peaceful protest is protected. Ones violent action is not protected.

townsend

Banned
Free speech is protected. Peaceful protest is protected. Ones violent action is not protected.
Trump routinely uses physical force to silence protesters. He was the first one to step over that line. His supporters are just as much to blame (if not more, considering their temperament), for the violence as the protesters they clashed with. So I don't buy the narrative that Trump's voice was somehow suppressed, he incited a riot and now he's claiming that that riot was people threatening his free speech.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You prefer to concentrate on the whether they were hired rather than they are thugs and violent people? Does it negate the action? Whether one agrees with Trump it still isn't right.
Name one violent thing a protester has done at a rally that was not instigated by a Trump supporter?

You have no idea if the protester was defending themselves from attack or attacking.

The one instance of unprovoked thuggery that we no for sure was from the Trump supporter who sucker punched somebody, care to weigh in on that?

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah these folks just showed up to see what Trump had to say and they got worked up they couldn't help themselves. They just had to punch someone. The really hadn't intended to do this because they were just interested in hearing what he had to say.

After they had been there a while lo and behold with no reason whatsoever the security people rushed over and punched them. They really were just wanting to hit someone.

We didn't understand that at all since we were being so attentive to the speech. We really had not heard what Mr. Trump had been saying and were totally surprised by what he was advocating. We are just astounded by all this. Is that your story fellas?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah these folks just showed up to see what Trump had to say and they got worked up they couldn't help themselves. They just had to punch someone. The really hadn't intended to do this because they were just interested in hearing what he had to say.

After they had been there a while lo and behold with no reason whatsoever the security people rushed over and punched them. They really were just wanting to hit someone.

We didn't understand that at all since we were being so attentive to the speech. We really had not heard what Mr. Trump had been saying and were totally surprised by what he was advocating. We are just astounded by all this. Is that your story fellas?
Show one instance of a protester punching anyone?

The only known punch thrower is a Trump supporter and if you hear him tell it nobody has been hurt at his rallies so what are you basing this on?

townsend

Banned
So Rubio has failed to bring in Florida, which makes sense because Florida seems like a state whose values match Trump perfectly. But Kasich has managed to win Ohio. So I think that still means there's a chance to cut it off at the convention.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
So Rubio has failed to bring in Florida, which makes sense because Florida seems like a state whose values match Trump perfectly. But Kasich has managed to win Ohio. So I think that still means there's a chance to cut it off at the convention.
Fox has also called Illinois and NC for Trump.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Yeah but as long as he gets less than 50% of the delegates from those states, he's behind the curve. He needs 54% of the remaining delegates to take the nomination.
Can you imagine what his lunatic following will do if he goes into the convention with the most delegates and they take the nomination from him? :lol

townsend

Banned
Can you imagine what his lunatic following will do if he goes into the convention with the most delegates and they take the nomination from him? :lol
I'd like to see it on TV, but hopefully none of the riots are in my backyard.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like Bern is toast. I wonder if I will see all my Liberal friends who have been talking shit on Clinton pull an about face.

townsend

Banned
Looks like Bern is toast. I wonder if I will see all my Liberal friends who have been talking shit on Clinton pull an about face.
Likely. It'll be like Romney in 2012, the religious right hated him, but they fell in line. Hillary as the alternative to Trump, or whoever, will still be the most liberal and thereby the "best" alternative..

Also Sanders will probably help her campaign in return for some promise or another.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Likely. It'll be like Romney in 2012, the religious right hated him, but they fell in line. Hillary as the alternative to Trump, or whoever, will still be the most liberal and thereby the "best" alternative..

Also Sanders will probably help her campaign in return for some promise or another.
Just funny seeing some people trash Hilary on a daily basis for the sake of Bernie and then quickly talk about Hilary like she will do great.

townsend

Banned
Just funny seeing some people trash Hilary on a daily basis for the sake of Bernie and then quickly talk about Hilary like she will do great.
Yeah, since Bernie's supporters are young, they tend to be more hyperbolic. They've been fighting the crushing inevitability of the Hillary nomination, thinking that can will Bernie to victory. It's good they made their voice heard, this kind of ideological showing is how parties form their platforms. It's the opposite of the enormous, pants pooping insanity that the Trump supporters have brought to the GOP.

I suspect sulking, followed by severe Trump bashing. Focusing on the other candidates flaws make your flawed candidate easier to swallow.

townsend

Banned
I think Jim Webb has to be Hillary's running mate. Vietnam vet with an A+ rating from the NRA, perfect candidate to lure disenfranchised Republicans with.

townsend

Banned
I know he wouldn't, but could Bill run as vice? Taking over after a resignation/assassination doesn't count towards your two terms after all.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I know he wouldn't, but could Bill run as vice? Taking over after a resignation/assassination doesn't count towards your two terms after all.

Help elect Hillary and then have her knocked off? I like the way you think. Bill could run the whores in and out of the whitehouse without Hillary sticking her nose in his business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom