MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Again just 4 games but it's the exact same problems that plagued our start last year. Exploding bullpen and inept offense. I fully expect it to change but Its frustrating to see this happen again with the team expectations.
It's extremely frustrating, especially going into the season thinking you have your bullpen issues fixed, and they are the exact reason you're losing.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol:lol:lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Bracing for the news that Kyle Schwarber ripped up knee ligaments and will require season ending surgery. So far the only thing reported is an ankle sprain with negative x-rays but an MRI on the knee will tell the real story. Did not look good at all last night and I am expecting the worst. I'll consider any news outside of season ending surgery to be gravy.

If he is out for the season it will sting for sure. It definitely won't sink them though unless they suffer a couple more key injuries. They'll still score a shitload of runs and win a bunch of games without him. October is where they'll miss him the most if it turns out that he is done.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

Didn't even realize that. Just love giving the Gallo crowd a little shit.
He had 2 walks as well yesterday and only 1 k. He wasnt ready last season at all but I think it was good for him to go through that. Basically Im the Gallo hyperbole crowd but thats just to get a laugh.

Rev

Staff member
Bracing for the news that Kyle Schwarber ripped up knee ligaments and will require season ending surgery. So far the only thing reported is an ankle sprain with negative x-rays but an MRI on the knee will tell the real story. Did not look good at all last night and I am expecting the worst. I'll consider any news outside of season ending surgery to be gravy.

If he is out for the season it will sting for sure. It definitely won't sink them though unless they suffer a couple more key injuries. They'll still score a shitload of runs and win a bunch of games without him. October is where they'll miss him the most if it turns out that he is done.
Sorry Ed. Its what you expected.

Cotton

Staff member
Speaking of hilarious. :lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Red Sox were a shrewd team for quite some time, but last year adding Sandoval and Ramirez were some of the worst moves in recent history. To roll out those dollars for both was kind boggling...Sandoval never drive in 100 and they brought Ramirez in without any plan for where he would play. Horrid.

Rev

Staff member
Way to go, Elvis. Build that trade value back up. I know the Rangers would have to eat some of that salary regardless but at least he isn't playing like he is worthless.

At the moment.....

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Looks like my 64 win prediction for the Braves may have been a little too ambitious. I'd like to amend my prediction to 48 games.

They are a hot mess. The pitching has actually been halfway decent but the defense and offense have been shaky as expected.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
[MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION] the Twins are not, uh...they're not good. What the hell is going on? I didn't expect them to win the AL Central but this is just awful. In one of my two FBB leagues I have Dozier and Sano and they are killing me. Some people this offseason were raising red flags about Sano's swing and miss saying expect major regression but I wasn't overly worried, assuming his average would drop some but that he would still hit 30 HRs. He still very well may hit 30 HRs, but this is a disastrous start for him as he is striking out in about half his ABs.

And I think it may be time to start becoming a little concerned about Buxton. He is only 22 so I am not suggesting he is going to bust, but he still doesn't even look like he is close to being ready for the Majors. Doesn't look like he has improved much at all. And always dinged up, leaving today's game with a bruised hand after getting hit by a pitch.

We aren't even 10 games into the season so I understand that this is a bit of an early overreaction by me, but starting 0-8 with some of your most promising young talent looking so terrible has to be somewhat concerning.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Another very early season overreaction: That Ken Giles trade looks terrible for the Astros right now. He has been bad. I expect he will turn it around and be an asset in their bullpen but holy mother of god Vince Velasquez looks like a stud. Complete game shutout with 16 K and 0 BB. Wow.

Rev

Staff member
[MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION] the Twins are not, uh...they're not good. What the hell is going on? I didn't expect them to win the AL Central but this is just awful. In one of my two FBB leagues I have Dozier and Sano and they are killing me. Some people this offseason were raising red flags about Sano's swing and miss saying expect major regression but I wasn't overly worried, assuming his average would drop some but that he would still hit 30 HRs. He still very well may hit 30 HRs, but this is a disastrous start for him as he is striking out in about half his ABs.

And I think it may be time to start becoming a little concerned about Buxton. He is only 22 so I am not suggesting he is going to bust, but he still doesn't even look like he is close to being ready for the Majors. Doesn't look like he has improved much at all. And always dinged up, leaving today's game with a bruised hand after getting hit by a pitch.

We aren't even 10 games into the season so I understand that this is a bit of an early overreaction by me, but starting 0-8 with some of your most promising young talent looking so terrible has to be somewhat concerning.
He was laughing at Gallo so Karma is a bitch!!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
0-9 now

That's pretty ugly. As a White Sox fan the early returns on Latos are actually looking really good. He was pretty good earlier in his career but in 2015 went to total shit. It's nice to see him back pitching well again. Now if only someone would grow the balls to pull John Danks from the rotation.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Another very early season overreaction: That Ken Giles trade looks terrible for the Astros right now. He has been bad. I expect he will turn it around and be an asset in their bullpen but holy mother of god Vince Velasquez looks like a stud. Complete game shutout with 16 K and 0 BB. Wow.
:towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
[MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION] the Twins are not, uh...they're not good. What the hell is going on?
No idea. The starting pitching has actually been pretty good. But the bats have gone sub zero. Not only can they not get a hit to save their asses, but are striking out at a record pace. The offense looked good in spring training. Unbelievable that they've gone this cold. I'd be surprised if the team is even batting .200

Top Bottom