2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well that's relative. Since our nation has committed genocide multiple times in its history, there's been a lot of worst presidents, who were worst presidential candidates. I'd say it's safe to say he's the worst major party nominee of the modern era.
So you think every other politician is a saint? They are all counterfeits so why single out Trump?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:wtf

Yeah no need to hold him to his word or what got him the nomination.

He is quite literally the worst candidate for president in the history of the country.
Sure hold him and all before him to the same standard. What's so different about Trump that his BS stinks worse than the rest?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:wtf

Yeah no need to hold him to his word or what got him the nomination.

He is quite literally the worst candidate for president in the history of the country.
Trump becomes more like Hilary by the day. Which really just highlights the fact that we have two terrible people fighting for President.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Sure hold him and all before him to the same standard. What's so different about Trump that his BS stinks worse than the rest?
Weren't you giving him kudos for this standard a couple days ago?

2233boys

Not So New Member
I do, you seem to shift with his every shifting point of view, like a Hillary supporter. Props

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think this sums up a majority of the Trump supporters and I can't say I blame them.
I think this goes for the traditional conservative as well. It seems to me that the distrust of the government has gone so far that a vote for Trump is a vote for spite. The worse a president Trump can be, the more effective a vote is at being spiteful. Presidents have gone too long disappointing this voter segment and they feel like the system is gamed to continue creating this outcomes. Trump is their best shot at breaking the system. Never mind it's the citizen that suffers. So, I've been hearing various Republican establishment guys say they can't support Trump, he's a fascist and a moron, a demagogue and a cult of personality. And, I can just imagine the Trump supporter saying, "Good. Serves you right." The Trump supporter has insulated himself from criticism by interpreting every criticism as a desperate attempt by the Establishment to stave off the reckoning they'll bring through Trump. The more they call Trump a fascist, the more Trump supporters will see him as a genuine outsider and want to vote for him. Because they don't want a good president, they want to break the government.
But I think the consequences could be too great to just be spiteful.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Weren't you giving him kudos for this standard a couple days ago?
I would say yes. But is was true to that point and it took him further than anyone would have thought. So now he needs to do like the rest of them to continue. It's not the end of the world.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I do, you seem to shift with his every shifting point of view, like a Hillary supporter. Props
Neither candidate has been on my support side from the start. Making observations and comments does not constitute a shift.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Trump resists calls to disclose his tax returns

By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Updated 12:53 PM ET, Wed May 11, 2016

(CNN)Donald Trump continues to resist calls to release his tax returns.

The presumptive Republican nominee told The Associated Press in an interview Tuesday "there's nothing to learn from them."

Trump's resistance to releasing his tax returns leaves major questions for voters weighing a candidate who has staked his campaign on his business acumen and the fact that he is "very, very rich" and would mark a major break with decades of precedent set by the nominees of the two major political parties.

Despite telling conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt in February 2015 -- before he declared his candidacy -- he "would release tax returns," Trump has pivoted to say he would not do so while his income tax filings are still under audit by the Internal Revenue Service. Given that he says his tax returns since 2009 are still under audit, it is highly unlikely Trump will release anything before the November 2016 election if he sticks to that reasoning.

"He still leaves himself this out by saying if this audit wraps up before the November election, then sure he'll release his tax returns," said Julie Pace, one of the AP reporters who interviewed him, on CNN's "At This Hour." "We said, 'Will you push your lawyers on this, will you tell them that voters deserve to know this information regardless of the audit?' He said, 'No.' He said, 'One, the voters don't actually care about this, and two, there is no new l information that would come out of the tax returns.' "

In February, the IRS said: "Federal privacy rules prohibit the IRS from discussing individual tax matters. Nothing prevents individuals from sharing their own tax information."

The Trump campaign did not respond to requests for comment Wednesday morning.
Trump has resisted pressure from Democrats and forces within his own party -- most notably 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney -- who have called on him to release tax returns.

The tax returns would give voters information about Trump's effective tax rate, his charitable contributions and his income -- all data points for which the billionaire has come under intense scrutiny.

Trump in late March released a letter from his tax attorneys confirming that the billionaire real estate mogul's tax filings from 2009 onward remain under review by the IRS.

Still, Trump has also refused to release his tax returns from previous years, which are no longer under IRS audit.

townsend

Banned
So you think every other politician is a saint? They are all counterfeits so why single out Trump?
Because he's genuinely worse than all of the bad politicians. The campaign donations are just another blow to a hilariously unqualified candidate. The analytics of which I've gone into incredible depth with. Trump has been universally criticized by democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike. Him begging for money just eliminates the only thing that distinguished him as not being in anyone's pocket.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because he's genuinely worse than all of the bad politicians. The campaign donations are just another blow to a hilariously unqualified candidate. The analytics of which I've gone into incredible depth with. Trump has been universally criticized by democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike. Him begging for money just eliminates the only thing that distinguished him as not being in anyone's pocket.
That's some claim. How do you back it up. There have been some pretty bad politicians throughout the course. Of course the Democrats would criticize him because apparently they fear him with the results he has had in the primaries.
Republicans criticize him because he isn't a conforming Republican.

Dems. criticize him in the same manner that the Republicans criticize Hillary and Obama before her.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
That's some claim. How do you back it up. There have been some pretty bad politicians throughout the course. Of course the Democrats would criticize him because apparently they fear him with the results he has had in the primaries.
Republicans criticize him because he isn't a conforming Republican.

Dems. criticize him in the same manner that the Republicans criticize Hillary and Obama before her.
You ever hear the saying that if you meet an asshole in the morning, you just met one asshole, but if you meet asshole's all day, then maybe you're the asshole.

Trump's been meeting assholes all his life. He went on twitter tirades against Megan Kelly, He criticizes Fiorina's looks, insults Cruz's wife and insinuates his father was complicit in the Kennedy assassination. He criticizes John McCain for being a POW, he makes fun of a reporter because he's disabled, he calls for Muslims to be banned from entry on the US, He specifically instructs a crowd to assault someone at his rally, he defrauded students who went to his shitty university, he calls illegal immigrants rapists, he has deeply divided the Republican base.

It's ridiculous to assume that it's some kind of bias against him when large, diverse groups of people are all seeing the same thing. There's no need for prejudice, Trump has disqualified himself by the merit of his own deeds. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trump has no qualities that make him worthy of holding the office of the Presidency. Hillary is a deeply flawed candidate, but the difference between her and Trump, is like the difference between starting Kellen Moore or Donald Trump at quarterback. Hillary's thrown a touchdown or two in her life, Donald couldn't even buckle his jock strap.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You ever hear the saying that if you meet an asshole in the morning, you just met one asshole, but if you meet asshole's all day, then maybe you're the asshole.

Trump's been meeting assholes all his life. He went on twitter tirades against Megan Kelly, He criticizes Fiorina's looks, insults Cruz's wife and insinuates his father was complicit in the Kennedy assassination. He criticizes John McCain for being a POW, he makes fun of a reporter because he's disabled, he calls for Muslims to be banned from entry on the US, He specifically instructs a crowd to assault someone at his rally, he defrauded students who went to his shitty university, he calls illegal immigrants rapists, he has deeply divided the Republican base.

It's ridiculous to assume that it's some kind of bias against him when large, diverse groups of people are all seeing the same thing. There's no need for prejudice, Trump has disqualified himself by the merit of his own deeds. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trump has no qualities that make him worthy of holding the office of the Presidency. Hillary is a deeply flawed candidate, but the difference between her and Trump, is like the difference between starting Kellen Moore or Donald Trump at quarterback. Hillary's thrown a touchdown or two in her life, Donald couldn't even buckle his jock strap.
But large groups of diverse people also agree with him. So that's what I call a push. Your only contention is that you don't agree with his political positions and that's fine but it is anything but proof that he is the worst ever. What it is in reality is that in your way of thinking he is the worst ever but you know what none of us has an opinion that is the sole authority for something. All we own is that part of our mind that tells us how we feel about something.

I cannot take your word that you have arrived independent of anyone else's thoughts that your conclusion is the only true determination. There are just too many people who disagree with you and that is leaving my opinion on the shelf.

And you know what you are on a tirade criticizing him. What's with that?

townsend

Banned
But large groups of diverse people also agree with him. So that's what I call a push. Your only contention is that you don't agree with his political positions and that's fine but it is anything but proof that he is the worst ever. What it is in reality is that in your way of thinking he is the worst ever but you know what none of us has an opinion that is the sole authority for something. All we own is that part of our mind that tells us how we feel about something.

I cannot take your word that you have arrived independent of anyone else's thoughts that your conclusion is the only true determination. There are just too many people who disagree with you and that is leaving my opinion on the shelf.

And you know what you are on a tirade criticizing him. What's with that?
I would posit that Trump's voting base is likely the least diverse in a very long time. He's going to struggle to turn out tried and true republicans that have voted red for a very long time. And as far as ethnicity goes, he'll also struggle with non whites and women.

I obviously lean away from the GOP, but if politics were dictating my preference, you would think that I'd prefer Trump over his more conservative counterparts. I'm a vote that can sway, and if a decent GOP candidate had made it to the finish line they would have had a shot with me. The fact that my criticisms echo the exact same criticisms as the establishment of the party I'm against should prove this is bigger than left or right winged politics.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would posit that Trump's voting base is likely the least diverse in a very long time. He's going to struggle to turn out tried and true republicans that have voted red for a very long time. And as far as ethnicity goes, he'll also struggle with non whites and women.

I obviously lean away from the GOP, but if politics were dictating my preference, you would think that I'd prefer Trump over his more conservative counterparts. I'm a vote that can sway, and if a decent GOP candidate had made it to the finish line they would have had a shot with me. The fact that my criticisms echo the exact same criticisms as the establishment of the party I'm against should prove this is bigger than left or right winged politics.
He's different and that's obvious. Most everyone would agree with that but being different doesn't necessarily make him the worst ever.

Further the fact that he doesn't sway you is hardly a mandate that he will have a difficult time swaying established GOP voters. The only established GOP group that isn't lining up are the party members themselves. They tried to head him off but voters plowed right through them.

townsend

Banned
He's different and that's obvious. Most everyone would agree with that but being different doesn't necessarily make him the worst ever.

Further the fact that he doesn't sway you is hardly a mandate that he will h ave a difficult time swaying established HOP voters. The only established HOP group that isn't lining up are the party members themselves. They tried to head him off but voters plowed right through them.
I know it's just anecdotal, but of the evangelicals I know, I'd say the majority has said they'd never vote for Trump. He very clearly has no respect for any institution of religion and has been more lascivious than Bill Clinton could ever hope to be. He's waffled on abortion (which is a great way to get both parties against you). I think it'd be a miscalculation to think tea party types would have much interest in Trump. Same with Libertarians, or moderate Republicans.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I know it's just anecdotal, but of the evangelicals I know, I'd say the majority has said they'd never vote for Trump. He very clearly has no respect for any institution of religion and has been more lascivious than Bill Clinton could ever hope to be. He's waffled on abortion (which is a great way to get both parties against you). I think it'd be a miscalculation to think tea party types would have much interest in Trump. Same with Libertarians, or moderate Republicans.
I think I am probably as much a mingler of established conservatives and GOP hardliners as anyone and for months the issue with them isn't about the party candidate as it is about ensuring that Hillary Clinton doesn't achieve the oval office. That's male and female. Trump may not be their ideal choice but they will vote for him as an anti Clinton measure. This is primarily the middle age and above group and evangelical prone crowd.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What has Trump said or done to make you think he is anti religious?

Jiggyfly

Banned
What has Hillary actually done to make one vote for Trump as president.

What about Trump makes anyone believe he would be more suitable?

If it's ok for Trump to be like any other politician why is it unconscionable for Hillary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom