Cowboys Free Agency

DLK150

DCC 4Life
That is Thornton. You know, in a draft deep at his position.
Oh but if they sign and overpay Morris, he would supplant Thornton. Shoot, if he was a former Razorback he would be signed the second he walks through the door.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish but we won't.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Please make this happen.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Why even make a show of it? Just giddily draft Ramsey like we all know you want to.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watch the Clemson game. Charone Peake made him look quite mortal.
On another note I kind of like Peake as a later round guy. I think he has some legit talent. Great size, nice speed and was a good college WR. Clemson has a pretty good track record with the position as well. 3 NFL receivers off the top of my head who have been pretty good. Watkins, Hopkins and Bryant have all looked pretty damn good on the field (Bryant's suspensions being ignored obviously).

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Robinson would indeed be a nice signing, let's hope it just doesn't go by the wayside like the Hall visit seemingly did.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Robinson would indeed be a nice signing, let's hope it just doesn't go by the wayside like the Hall visit seemingly did.
The whole Hall thing was like an afterthought. He just drifted away.

All it looks to me is that we have no plan. We are visiting with these players and with the exception of Thornton, they are leaving town. Just weird.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
On another note I kind of like Peake as a later round guy. I think he has some legit talent. Great size, nice speed and was a good college WR. Clemson has a pretty good track record with the position as well. 3 NFL receivers off the top of my head who have been pretty good. Watkins, Hopkins and Bryant have all looked pretty damn good on the field (Bryant's suspensions being ignored obviously).
Peake has small hands and you know what they say about guys with small hands......

They can't catch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All it looks to me is that we have no plan. We are visiting with these players and with the exception of Thornton, they are leaving town. Just weird.
It seems like in the past when someone visited we either signed them or couldn't get a contract worked out and we would here all about it. This year it's like guys come and go on visits with us and we hear little to nothing about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Pretty pathetic none of the ownership nor the head coach will be around.

Looks like Spaulding is in charge of this visit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
HE SENT THEM A DICK PIC!!! :panic

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/03/20/cowboys-vp-stephen-jones-eric-weddle-necessarily-say-close

So yeah. We didn't do shit with Weddle.

"I guess you could say he's high profile, but we weren't close to the numbers he signed at,'' executive vice president Stephen Jones said. "We weren't.''
Weddle played at San Diego when Rich Bisaccia, who is now the Cowboys special teams coach, was there. Bisaccia and head coach Jason Garrett both had contact with Weddle during free agency up until he agreed to sign with the Ravens.

"I think he was interested in us,'' Jones said. "There is a relationship there with Bisaccia, so we had good knowledge of the player.

"But I can't necessarily say we were very close.''
Well fuck yeah you weren't close when Garrett was texting him about his fiery red pubes.

Top Bottom