Archer: Would a runner make sense for the Cowboys at No. 4?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
How are you going to trade down in the first?

Both the Giants and Eagles would jump on Elliott.
I can see the Giants but not the eagles.

Regardless, trading down to 7 keeps you in front of both. And I could see tSF trading up for the QB we're too stupid to draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can see the Giants but not the eagles.

Regardless, trading down to 7 keeps you in front of both. And I could see tSF trading up for the QB we're too stupid to draft.
I definitely see the Eagles. I don't see them content with Mathews as their back.

And how you can determine that seven is a lock trade, why?

So SF coming up is just a given? They could easily sweat out Jacksonville and Baltimore who are not taking QBs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Who cares if Elliot gets taken? So I move on to Jack, Buckner, or whoever is left.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Who cares if Elliot gets taken? So I move on to Jack, Buckner, or whoever is left.
Elliott is one of the few players we could take that could transform the team.

Myles Jack. What, you spend half the year figuring out what to do with him?

Buckner? Not an edge guy so you do what?

This is not a contest to take the guy highest rated by the pundits who evaluate on a blank slate.

We need to find the best player, for this team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Better to miss out on Elliott then to reach at 4.
How is he a reach if you can't even decide on who you would bypass on to force the pick?

You might not like it, but he is pretty much one of the top five prospects in this draft at this stage.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is he a reach if you can't even decide on who you would bypass on to force the pick?

You might not like it, but he is pretty much one of the top five prospects in this draft at this stage.
I'd put him in the 15-25 range. Not top 5. I guess we will just have to wait and see how he does with the Eagles as a rookie. I'm guessing similar stats to Melvin Gordon's rookie year.

I know you don't care about longevity because you might not live past 4 years but it does actually matter. It matters a lot.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I definitely see the Eagles. I don't see them content with Mathews as their back.

And how you can determine that seven is a lock trade, why?

So SF coming up is just a given? They could easily sweat out Jacksonville and Baltimore who are not taking QBs.
I don't think Roseman wants to invest a top ten pick on a RB. Just the sense I get.

As for SF, it's not about jumping over Jacksonville and Baltimore. It's about we could easily trade with LA or Philadelphia or another QB needy team instead of SF, and then they miss out.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Elliott is one of the few players we could take that could transform the team.

Myles Jack. What, you spend half the year figuring out what to do with him?

Buckner? Not an edge guy so you do what?

This is not a contest to take the guy highest rated by the pundits who evaluate on a blank slate.

We need to find the best player, for this team.
What the player is going to do next year matters very little to me. If Jack has to be tinkered with but ends up an All Pro LB, I'm ok with that at 8.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Tenn - Tunsil
Cleveland - Wentz
SD - Buckner
SF (from Dallas) - Goff
Jags - Ramsey/Bosa
Ravens - Bosa/Jack
Dallas - Elliott
Eagles - Jack/Bosa

Certainly possible.

PRAYING the Cowboys give up on the CB love-fest that's created a decade+ of mediocrity and pass on Jalen Ramsey. I mean, they just took CB's in 2 of the past four 1st rounds.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Draft sites are lining up that way, starting with NFL.com.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Draft sites are lining up that way, starting with NFL.com.
Yeah, but he's a "reach" because we have this idea that A) we don't need him or B) the position is so devalued that even an elite player at that position should be so.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but he's a "reach" because we have this idea that A) we don't need him or B) the position is so devalued that even an elite player at that position should be so.
A) WTF

B) Seriously? After Murray's 2014 proved otherwise? After Joseph Randle was blah before spectacularly flaming out?

And if people think Henry is going in the 2nd round they've just got to be considered dense regarding the subject at this point.

Top Bottom