Cowboys Free Agency

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jason La Canfora – Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Three teams keeping close tabs on former Pro Bowl safety Eric Weddle - #Ravens, #Cowboys and #Steelers.
5:12 PM - 11 Mar 2016
275 RETWEETS168 LIKES

townsend

Banned

Three teams keeping close tabs on former Pro Bowl safety Eric Weddle - #Ravens, #Cowboys and #Steelers.
5:12 PM - 11 Mar 2016
275 RETWEETS168 LIKES
Now that would be helpful.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Resigning all our guys. Looks like the Jones' are convinced this team is fine, just ran into bad injury luck last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess is he didn't look very good or it was leverage to get Claiborne to accept his offer already.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd much rather have Carroll honestly.
It's close for me. Carroll was a little better player last year but Claiborne is younger and probably still has a little upside left. Carroll is 29 and could start to decline soon. Plus you have to factor in that Carroll is coming back from a serious injury. I have no idea where he even is in the recovery process.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Eh. This is just inconvenient. I would have preferred not to worry about the interior OL swing guy.

But if we get lucky, we might be able to get a decent one in the fourth.
We'll get another Chaz Green in the 3rd.

He would've been a first or second rounder if he weren't injured all his career!

townsend

Banned
We'll get another Chaz Green in the 3rd.

He would've been a first or second rounder if he weren't injured all his career!
Yeah, that's part of our evaluation process that needs to be fixed. We find so many "should have been a first" injury prone guys in the bargain bin, that we can never count on.

The fact that Jerry is a consummate optimist who thinks nothing can go wrong means we can go into a season with 5 or 6 injury risks pencilled in at starter, with no depth behind them.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yeah, that's part of our evaluation process that needs to be fixed. We find so many "should have been a first" injury prone guys in the bargain bin, that we can never count on.

The fact that Jerry is a consummate optimist who thinks nothing can go wrong means we can go into a season with 5 or 6 injury risks pencilled in at starter, with no depth behind them.
We gamble way too much in the 2nd and 3rd rounds hoping to hit a home run on guys that fell because of injuries and character issues instead of just drafting smart. Recently it's been Gregory, Chaz, Carter and even Lee. You can even go back to guys like Antonio Bryant and Derek Ross. We got away from doing that when BP was here but since it seems to be a reoccurring theme.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jason La Canfora

Interested teams in safety Eric Weddle, as reported yesterday, seem to view him in the $5M/season range.
10:43 AM - 12 Mar 2016

-------------

At 5 mil / year, maybe 3 or so years, I'd be very interested. Maybe $7m signing bonus. Do it, Jerry.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Weddle signs for about 5 a year and we aren't in on that (in on it doesn't necessarily mean signing him but at least involved in negotiations) then it is the height of incompetence. We could cut Church today and have only $500K in dead money, and we'd be saving about 4 million against the cap, that right there would be enough to cover Weddle's first year cap hit.

If Weddle is willing to sign a deal like that we could basically straight up trade Barry Church for Eric Weddle, if we aren't interested in that then I really don't know what to say.

Jiggyfly

Banned
We gamble way too much in the 2nd and 3rd rounds hoping to hit a home run on guys that fell because of injuries and character issues instead of just drafting smart. Recently it's been Gregory, Chaz, Carter and even Lee. You can even go back to guys like Antonio Bryant and Derek Ross. We got away from doing that when BP was here but since it seems to be a reoccurring theme.
Parcells struck out on every 2nd rounder he picked and he went for injured guys as well like that OT out of USC.

And let's not even go into how he reached in the 4th round, does Skyler Green bring up great memories.

Top Bottom