User Tag List

Page 154 of 163 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1625

Thread: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I don't think the schedule is as daunting as it's made out to be. The Eagles are not as good as their record. I don't think the Skins are that great either. The problem is us not the schedule.

Regardless if I'm Zeke no way in hell do I drop this and just serve the suspension. No way. Even if I was guilty in some way shape or form. I would fight this tooth and nail. Worst case scenario he just serves the suspension eventually anyway. But he has a chance even if it's a small one to save his reputation or change public perception about him even a little bit. Because he can plant that seed of doubt in enough people's minds that it can affect his reputation even if he winds up serving the suspension. And that has nothing to do with whether he's guilty or innocent.
    It really isn’t Elliot who has the decision to go further. The players union has a decision whether they will want to continue to support the contest. Elliot can’t fight this on his own. He doesn’t have the resources to field a legal team that will be needed to take on the Commisioners team.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Eh. My passion for this year dropped after the Broncos game where we were exposed as frauds. But you are right, things are getting comical as football on the field is secondary to the fucking reaction to the anthem and other social issues.

Football is supposed to be a place to escape from the fucked up reality. Not have it ground into your face when you are trying to enjoy an escape mechanism.
    Yep.

They are ruining the NFL and fuck every god damn one of them.

And if the NFL thinks they are untouchable they should check how arrogant baseball got in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    They might as well just back down and have him serve it this year.

With this shit storm D, we are not doing anything anyways.
    My thoughts exactly. This season is a wash anyway. Might as well get the suspension out of the way and start with a clean slate in 2018 when hopefully our group of young defenders will be ready to play with more consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. This season is a wash anyway. Might as well get the suspension out of the way and start with a clean slate in 2018 when hopefully our group of young defenders will be ready to play with more consistency.
    Unfortunately, that kind of outlook is not how this football team will approach it.

They will continue to allow this to hang over their heads.

No matter what the cost.

At the end of the day, even a shitty football team will remain relevant.

And that is what Jones gives a shit about the most.

5. The following user likes this post:

Yep.

They are ruining the NFL and fuck every god damn one of them.

And if the NFL thinks they are untouchable they should check how arrogant baseball got in the 90s.
    Well tonight should serve as a test. The NFL is going head to head vs an MLB playoff game featuring two marquee franchises with star studded rosters.

A WGAS NFL regular season game vs a win or go home, decisive Game 5.

I think the NFL kicks their ass in the ratings. We'll see tomorrow.

Well tonight should serve as a test. The NFL is going head to head vs an MLB playoff game featuring two marquee franchises with star studded rosters.

Of course it will kick it's ass in the ratings. That's not at all the test.

The question is whether the NFL ratings are going down, which they are, and whether it continues to go downhill long-term. It wouldn't really be an overnight all of a sudden thing, but rather if they wake up one day 5 or ten years from now and wonder how they fell so far.

And I think the NBA is the one gaining on them anyway, not MLB.

The Yankees already advanced right?

That is all that counts.

I agree.

Don't ask me to explain why, but it is.

Maybe it is because NBA players have a lot more in common with NFL players in terms of having drama.

Baseball players are not nearly as into social media and making spectacles of themselves.

I agree with this. Especially now that the NBA has cracked the code on staying in the mainstream news cycle year-round.