User Tag List

Page 153 of 198 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1975

Thread: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

  1. #1521
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,991
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    We have an easier schedule while he’s out, and Lee being back will help the D.
    Assuming its the 6 games after the bye I wouldnt say easier necessarily. Redskins, Chiefs, Falcons, Eagles are all tough games even if Elliot was playing.
    #Fire Garrett

  2. #1522
    Senior Member Chocolate Lab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Assuming its the 6 games after the bye I wouldnt say easier necessarily. Redskins, Chiefs, Falcons, Eagles are all tough games even if Elliot was playing.
    Yep, Football Outsiders has us with one of the toughest future schedules in the league.

    Just four games vs the Eagles and Skins would be tough enough.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

    The Garrett Song

  3. #1523
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah I think it's bullshit that they can file a civil case to confirm their own decision. Makes no logical sense but it's allowed.
    Yep. It really isn't any different than what the nflpa did. Both filings are anticipatory. But I thought the nflpa had a good argument that regardless of the outcome the process itself was unfair. There's still harm there. Also you could argue that the appeal process is pretextual anyway. The history of the appeal process tells you that.

  4. #1524
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,801
    Plus this ruling allows the NFL to form shop which is frowned upon. It's a bad result here. Not just for this case but for all future cases.

  5. #1525
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,801
    Forum not form.

  6. #1526
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,801
    I don't think the schedule is as daunting as it's made out to be. The Eagles are not as good as their record. I don't think the Skins are that great either. The problem is us not the schedule.

    Regardless if I'm Zeke no way in hell do I drop this and just serve the suspension. No way. Even if I was guilty in some way shape or form. I would fight this tooth and nail. Worst case scenario he just serves the suspension eventually anyway. But he has a chance even if it's a small one to save his reputation or change public perception about him even a little bit. Because he can plant that seed of doubt in enough people's minds that it can affect his reputation even if he winds up serving the suspension. And that has nothing to do with whether he's guilty or innocent.

  7. #1527
    Senior Member pdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20,257
    Pass-happy offense, full speed ahead.

  8. The following 4 users like this post:


  9. #1528
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20,450
    I'm not even sure the NFL is worth watching anymore with them doing stuff like this. I miss the old NFL, it's turned into such a joke these days.

  10. #1529
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    44,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I'm not even sure the NFL is worth watching anymore with them doing stuff like this. I miss the old NFL, it's turned into such a joke these days.
    Eh. My passion for this year dropped after the Broncos game where we were exposed as frauds. But you are right, things are getting comical as football on the field is secondary to the fucking reaction to the anthem and other social issues.

    Football is supposed to be a place to escape from the fucked up reality. Not have it ground into your face when you are trying to enjoy an escape mechanism.

  11. #1530
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20,450
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Eh. My passion for this year dropped after the Broncos game where we were exposed as frauds. But you are right, things are getting comical as football on the field is secondary to the fucking reaction to the anthem and other social issues.

    Football is supposed to be a place to escape from the fucked up reality. Not have it ground into your face when you are trying to enjoy an escape mechanism.
    It's like I can't just sit back and enjoy good football anymore. Now it's just penalty filled shit with talk about sitting during the anthem, beating women and every social issue they deem important. It's just not the same. It's not even good football anymore to watch. And I'm not just talking Cowboys when I say that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •