User Tag List

Page 153 of 198 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1975

Thread: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    We have an easier schedule while he’s out, and Lee being back will help the D.
    Assuming its the 6 games after the bye I wouldnt say easier necessarily. Redskins, Chiefs, Falcons, Eagles are all tough games even if Elliot was playing.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Assuming its the 6 games after the bye I wouldnt say easier necessarily. Redskins, Chiefs, Falcons, Eagles are all tough games even if Elliot was playing.
    Yep, Football Outsiders has us with one of the toughest future schedules in the league.

Just four games vs the Eagles and Skins would be tough enough.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah I think it's bullshit that they can file a civil case to confirm their own decision. Makes no logical sense but it's allowed.
    Yep. It really isn't any different than what the nflpa did. Both filings are anticipatory. But I thought the nflpa had a good argument that regardless of the outcome the process itself was unfair. There's still harm there. Also you could argue that the appeal process is pretextual anyway. The history of the appeal process tells you that.

Plus this ruling allows the NFL to form shop which is frowned upon. It's a bad result here. Not just for this case but for all future cases.

Forum not form.

I don't think the schedule is as daunting as it's made out to be. The Eagles are not as good as their record. I don't think the Skins are that great either. The problem is us not the schedule.

Regardless if I'm Zeke no way in hell do I drop this and just serve the suspension. No way. Even if I was guilty in some way shape or form. I would fight this tooth and nail. Worst case scenario he just serves the suspension eventually anyway. But he has a chance even if it's a small one to save his reputation or change public perception about him even a little bit. Because he can plant that seed of doubt in enough people's minds that it can affect his reputation even if he winds up serving the suspension. And that has nothing to do with whether he's guilty or innocent.

Pass-happy offense, full speed ahead.

8. The following 4 users like this post:

I'm not even sure the NFL is worth watching anymore with them doing stuff like this. I miss the old NFL, it's turned into such a joke these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I'm not even sure the NFL is worth watching anymore with them doing stuff like this. I miss the old NFL, it's turned into such a joke these days.
    Eh. My passion for this year dropped after the Broncos game where we were exposed as frauds. But you are right, things are getting comical as football on the field is secondary to the fucking reaction to the anthem and other social issues.

Football is supposed to be a place to escape from the fucked up reality. Not have it ground into your face when you are trying to enjoy an escape mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Eh. My passion for this year dropped after the Broncos game where we were exposed as frauds. But you are right, things are getting comical as football on the field is secondary to the fucking reaction to the anthem and other social issues.

Football is supposed to be a place to escape from the fucked up reality. Not have it ground into your face when you are trying to enjoy an escape mechanism.
    It's like I can't just sit back and enjoy good football anymore. Now it's just penalty filled shit with talk about sitting during the anthem, beating women and every social issue they deem important. It's just not the same. It's not even good football anymore to watch. And I'm not just talking Cowboys when I say that.