Leon Hall, Dashon Goldson to visit

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the way, in reality this is probably just our way of forcing Carr into taking a pay cut. I'm guessing we will leverage one against the other and end up back with Carr on a slightly cheaper deal. There is always the chance though that it could end with Carr cut and Leon Hall here on a cheap deal.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I was surprised to find out he is only 31. Seems like he has been in the NFL forever. Still a decent CB? Not too much decline?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was surprised to find out he is only 31. Seems like he has been in the NFL forever. Still a decent CB? Not too much decline?
Take ProFootballFocus and their rankings however you want but according to them at least he was the 14th best corner in the NFL last year. I'd say that is pretty good praise. Of course if you think their statistics are garbage then it doesn't mean much. Regardless I think he is still a hell of a good corner.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Take ProFootballFocus and their rankings however you want but according to them at least he was the 14th best corner in the NFL last year. I'd say that is pretty good praise. Of course if you think their statistics are garbage then it doesn't mean much. Regardless I think he is still a hell of a good corner.
What kind of deal do you expect him to get? I would love to see the Cowboys bring in someone like this to really shore up the position. Especially with the uncertainty of what they'll do with Carr and the fact that Mo Claiborne traditionally misses 5-6 games a season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What kind of deal do you expect him to get? I would love to see the Cowboys bring in someone like this to really shore up the position. Especially with the uncertainty of what they'll do with Carr and the fact that Mo Claiborne traditionally misses 5-6 games a season.
You would probably see some sort of a 2 year deal in the 8-10 mil range. But I could be way off.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The former first-rounder moved into a reserve role with Cincinnati last year, but played well, and clearly would be able to help teams.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dashon Goldson as well per Rapoport.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dashon Goldson as well per Rapoport.
Certainly an interesting guy to look at. Was very good woth 49ers. Not good with Tampa. Then he sort pf revived himself in Washington last year. At 31 I wouldn't invest much in him but worth bringing in.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Anything to ensure that we don't piss away our 1st rounder on Jalen Ramsey.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Would definitely be happy with signing Hall. I could take or leave Goldson, if he's really cheap he'd be fine as depth.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd love to brig these two in and then still keep a restructured Carr. Go deep and cheap at the position.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lukewarm on Hall. Don't want Goldson that much.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Hall would be good veteran depth if nothing else and with some of the younger guys we have, that could help in itself. He's obviously not a long term answer but I wouldn't hate signing him.

Top Bottom