Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:jerry

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Which means that if we don't covet Goff that much, then we'd better rape the fucking piss out of San Francisco in a trade down, or draft Goff and then trade him to San Francisco. If we're smart (which we're not), we'd use Goff as bait for SF's 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, with the Browns signing RGIII, they aren't likely going QB at 4. So, we could be staring at both Goff and Wentz available at 4. Which one do you choose? I think I have to go with Wentz.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, with the Browns signing RGIII, they aren't likely going QB at 4. So, we could be staring at both Goff and Wentz available at 4. Which one do you choose? I think I have to go with Wentz.
Goff is still my top guy. Just better at going through progressions and getting the ball off quickly. He has the height, arm and accuracy that I look for. Especially when you combine that with the mental aspects I just talked about.

Also the Browns don't pick at 4...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
We'll take Ramsey

Cotton

Staff member
Goff is still my top guy. Just better at going through progressions and getting the ball off quickly. He has the height, arm and accuracy that I look for. Especially when you combine that with the mental aspects I just talked about.

Also the Browns don't pick at 4...
Obviously, I meant 2.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
By all accounts, Wentz had a good pro day, except for this:

teh wet ball

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By all accounts, Wentz had a good pro day, except for this:

teh wet ball
It's funny because this is the whole hand size argument. Yet Goff had no problem with the wet ball and this happened to Wentz.

Honestly don't care much about that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rave reviews: Carson Wentz pro day impresses experts

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: March 24, 2016 at 12:43 p.m. Updated: March 24, 2016 at 01:06 p.m. 0 Likes | 0 Comments

A quarterback can only look so good to NFL scouts in a pro-day setting, where the environment is sterilized from pads, defenses and pressure situations, but Carson Wentz made as strong an impression as possible Thursday.

And the early reviews glowed.

NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt, with more than a half century of NFL scouting experience, called it one of the best pro days he's ever witnessed and said Wentz reminds him of former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco of the Baltimore Ravens. According to Brandt, Wentz completed 63 passes in a 65-throw script, with one overthrow and one drop. Brandt noted the best pro day by a quarterback he's seen came from the Philadelphia Eagles' Sam Bradford, who was the No. 1 overall selection of the St. Louis Rams in the 2010 NFL Draft.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah was impressed with the workout as well, saying "That's an A if not an A-plus."

As he did last week with Cal quarterback Jared Goff, Cleveland Browns assistant coach Pep Hamilton followed Wentz's script by asking him to throw some extra passes with a ball doused with water. The first of those throws from Wentz fluttered and was badly underthrown.

"The first one obviously went right into the dirt," Wentz said with a laugh on NFL Network. "... It was pretty doused; that would've been a torrential downpour."

Wentz's session was witnessed by only 18 NFL clubs because of weather problems.

The narrative that Wentz and Goff are running even as the top two quarterbacks available in the 2016 NFL Draft is beginning to give way to a perceived edge for Wentz, the former North Dakota State quarterback who conducted his pro-day workout Thursday for NFL coaches and scouts. First, there was NFL Media analyst Charley Casserly, who polled 15 NFL executives about the two quarterbacks and found a majority of them favored Wentz. And Mayock is seeing things much the same.

"I've watched every game that he was in this year, and I'm more convinced than ever that he's the top quarterback in this draft," Mayock said on NFL HQ. " ... This kid controls the line of scrimmage. He's under center, he's in (shotgun), he controls all the pass protections, and he can make every throw."

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd go Wentz over Goff. I see Wentz as having Ben Roethlisberger potential with his size, arm, and athleticism.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'd go Wentz over Goff. I see Wentz as having Ben Roethlisberger potential with his size, arm, and athleticism.
I think Goff will develop quicker but long term Wentz will be the better QB.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Behind this line and trying to keep this window open as long as possible I take Goff.

I don't really see the Roesthlisberger comparisons, Ben was more decisive and improvisational than Wentz.

I think Wentz is much more like Flacco.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Most analysts are comparng Wentz to Flacco. Any comparisons to Ben is due to his size. Playing style though is more like Flacco.

Cotton

Staff member

Hopefully, Jerry learned his lesson the first time.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Behind this line and trying to keep this window open as long as possible I take Goff.

I don't really see the Roesthlisberger comparisons, Ben was more decisive and improvisational than Wentz.

I think Wentz is much more like Flacco.
I've never seen Flacco as having any hints of mobility. Reports on Wentz suggest he can move.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never seen Flacco as having any hints of mobility. Reports on Wentz suggest he can move.
Yeah that's a dumb comparison in my opinion. People only make that comparison because they both played at FCS schools. Wentz has a much quicker delivery and throws a lot better on the run.

Physically I think Lynch may actually be closer to Flacco.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt, with more than a half century of NFL scouting experience, called it one of the best pro days he's ever witnessed
uh huh. Like Jeff George, JaMarcus Russell, Johnny Football, Kyle "threw a ball 50 yards on one knee" Boller, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom