Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2016

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want a pro style QB who projects as a career backup you can get Hogan with a compensatory 6th. No need to burn a 3rd on Cook
Yeah the difference is most NFL teams don't project Cook as a career backup. They see an NFL ready guy with starting potential. Who may not be enough of a leader but whose win/loss record says otherwise.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Why are we having a third meeting with a crappier version of Tim Tebow today?

Anyone?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Scheduled visits for Hargreaves and Boston College S Justin Simmons.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah the difference is most NFL teams don't project Cook as a career backup. They see an NFL ready guy with starting potential. Who may not be enough of a leader but whose win/loss record says otherwise.
I don't know about "most NFL teams" thinking the combination of shitty attitude and marginal talent adds up to "NFL ready".

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about "most NFL teams" thinking the combination of shitty attitude and marginal talent adds up to "NFL ready".
Well when so called "experts" on NFL Network are projecting him to go in the first that's the assumption that I make. But maybe the NFL teams saying that are just full of shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Well when so called "experts" on NFL Network are projecting him to go in the first that's the assumption that I make. But maybe the NFL teams saying that are just full of shit.
NFL Network likes to talk up well known players. I've seen them talk up first rounders that drop into the 5th plenty of times without major red flags, but just because they were really great CFB players on good teams.

Jiggyfly

Banned
NFL Network likes to talk up well known players. I've seen them talk up first rounders that drop into the 5th plenty of times without major red flags, but just because they were really great CFB players on good teams.
Really?:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah, not lately that I recall, but a lot of pundits are not draftniks and talk out their ass when it comes to the draft. They've probably gotten a little better at googling a draft report on the guys they discuss. I heard Chris Simms talked about like he was a guaranteed first rounder because he was Phil's kid.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jakeem Grant has a private workout scheduled.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sheldon Rankins has scheduled a visit.

Love the player, dunno how we can get him because he ain't lasting to 34.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sheldon Rankins has scheduled a visit.

Love the player, dunno how we can get him because he ain't lasting to 34.
Trade down. He is probably the best 3 technique in this draft. And may provide us with the most pass rush out of anyone in this draft.

Top Bottom