Cowboys Free Agency

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Resigned for 2 years.

Also re-signed swing OT Charles Brown.
God I hope they are both for near the league minimum. These are guys you shouldn't be wasting cap dollars on and should have no problems cutting at camp in the blink of an eye.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Resigned for 2 years.

Also re-signed swing OT Charles Brown.
Bring back every swinging dick schlub from a 4-12 team. Great idea.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Brown makes sense, though it might be an indication that they don't think much of green.

Wilber is a little surprising. Seems like more of a 3-4 player. I suppose there's a role for him I guess.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brown makes sense, though it might be an indication that they don't think much of green.

Wilber is a little surprising. Seems like more of a 3-4 player. I suppose there's a role for him I guess.
Wilber is special teams. They love him there.

Brown is because you just needs OTs during camp. The last thing you want is when you go to the second and third team units for your QBs to be getting crushed. I don't think it speaks much to Green. I think it speaks to the importance of having extra offensive tackles.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

townsend

Banned
I hope this means No TE drafted in the top 4 rounds

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Doggone it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Doggone it.
Eh. This is just inconvenient. I would have preferred not to worry about the interior OL swing guy.

But if we get lucky, we might be able to get a decent one in the fourth.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Doggone it.
Eh, no big deal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Right now, I am good on the re-signings.

Ready to stop now. I am good with bringing back only so many players from a 4-12 team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Source: DE Chris Long expected to visit Cowboys next week

By David Moore , Staff Writer Contact David Moore on Twitter: @DavidMooreDMN

Free agent Chris Long has informed the Cowboys that he wants to visit and is expected to do so next week, a source said.

No firm date has been set, but the Cowboys have a definite interest in the defensive end.

Long has played in only 18 games the past two seasons and recorded four sacks. But in the 2010-13 seasons, he was one of the more productive players in the league with 41.5 sacks in that span.

Long was the second player taken in the '08 draft by the St. Louis Rams. He turns 31 in March.

Defensive lineman Cedric Thornton visited the Cowboys on Thursday and quickly signed a four-year contract that can pay him up to $18 million. Cornerback Nolan Carroll and quarterback Matt Moore also visited Valley Ranch on the second day of free agency. Neither of those players has signed.

The Cowboys have no other visits scheduled for this weekend.

Long has visited Washington and Atlanta and there are reports that New England has expressed an interest.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If Bernadeau signing elsewhere means we won't trade Leary, then thissucks.

Top Bottom