If you could change any ONE thing about this years draft . . .

midswat

... soon
It would be what?

For me, it would've been take Jake Butt in the fourth instead of that miniature white receiver guy.

Other than that, I'm pretty stoked with this draft. I say that while acknowledging I don't know hardly anything about our 7th rounders.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'd do the same. I think we'll regret passing on Butt

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I would've drafted Jake Butt in the 4th round.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would have needled Booze a little earlier so we could have had a more lively draft thread.

Cotton

Staff member
I wouldn't have taken Marquez White in lieu of Myrick. That's the only bitch I have.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wouldn't have taken Marquez White in lieu of Myrick. That's the only bitch I have.
I don't think there was room for Myrick over White. Which sounds weird, considering they're both corners. But what I mean is, White can be an outside corner. Or could even possibly be moved to FS. Myrick can be nothing but a slot corner. And we just took two of those guys in Awuzie and Lewis. And we still have Scandrick. I think all three of them have a better chance of playing outside than Myrick ever would, but one of them WILL be the slot. Myrick wouldn't have beaten them out. So his only other utility to the team would have been as a return guy. And we just drafted that guy in Switzer.

So, that's my opinion why we didn't take Myrick. Could be spot on. Could be a complete load of bullshit. But it makes sense to me.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As for me, I would have either taken Butt over Switzer, or Josh Jones over Chidobe Awuzie. I LOVED that dude.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think there was room for Myrick over White. Which sounds weird, considering they're both corners. But what I mean is, White can be an outside corner. Or could even possibly be moved to FS. Myrick can be nothing but a slot corner. And we just took two of those guys in Awuzie and Lewis. And we still have Scandrick. I think all three of them have a better chance of playing outside than Myrick ever would, but one of them WILL be the slot. Myrick wouldn't have beaten them out. So his only other utility to the team would have been as a return guy. And we just drafted that guy in Switzer.

So, that's my opinion why we didn't take Myrick. Could be spot on. Could be a complete load of bullshit. But it makes sense to me.
I think that's fair.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I would have taken Butt over Switzer. I think that he could have been the perfect heir apparent to Witten. Hope that means that Gathers really has improved as much as they claim he has.

Yeah, I would had done some things differently in the 7th as there was still talent on the board but overall no major complaints given where we drafted each round.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Butt is the only thing I would have changed up to the 6th. Have no idea on the others, but I think I will really like Brown if he sticks.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I would have taken OL over the final CB or DTs we got.

We have some pretty good backup tight-ends (no not Gathers) and Im not convinced at all Butt is an upgrade over Swain or Hannah.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I missed most of the draft. I skidadled off to the west coast where I am now. I very quickly reviewed the picks and I like what was done with the position alignments. Dallas needed defenders and receivers to give them a better rounded team. That's done now and I agree with it even though it wasn't a BPA mode. Frankly I am not real familiar with most of the picks but their reviews are favorable for the most part. Time to get them to the big D land and have them polish up the star.

shane

DCC 4Life
I'd have preferred Butt or a defensive player in the 4th round, but it seems like they got a guy who can contribute right away at least on special teams.

Other than that, the draft gets a solid A from me. Can't complain about anything else, really.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would have taken OL over the final CB or DTs we got.

We have some pretty good backup tight-ends (no not Gathers) and Im not convinced at all Butt is an upgrade over Swain or Hannah.
You aren't? What are you, insane?

Top Bottom