Cowboys Free Agency

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Schlub. Was bad in Miami. Mediocre in Philly. Coming off a broken ankle from Thanksgiving.
He was probably the Eagles best CB last year, not that it says much considering their pass defense but if he's inexpensive he's a perfectly fine 3rd CB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dude's name has popped up like the last two times he has been a free agent.

Jiggyfly

Banned

:towel

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Cowboys signed CB Josh Thomas to 1 yr deal via multiple Twitter's.

Boom!?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Tahir Whitehead re-signed in Detroit for 2/8, would've been a nice signing to solidify our LB group.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tahir Whitehead re-signed in Detroit for 2/8, would've been a nice signing to solidify our LB group.
I don't expect us to look to add any more LBers. We could draft someone since Rolando is only on yet another year deal but I seriously doubt we look at anyone in free agency. Hitchens has been very solid as our third starter. Wilson is sort of our developing young talent.

D

Deuce

Rant would be so proud.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Rant would be so proud.
Wouldn't that be awesome. Unfortunately the Cowboys have done nothing to show they are interested in him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

You just can't ask for more than this blistering white hot kind of action.
It tells me they intend to draft a premier RB. Moore can backup Romo for now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jeremy Lane re-signed in Seattle for 4/23 with 11 guaranteed, no reason why we can't sign Casey Hayward to something similar.

Cut Carr post-June 1 and we save like 9 million against the cap, that will pay for both Hayward and Carroll, go into next season with Scandrick/Hayward/Caroll/Mitchell/Thomas/Olatoye/whoever and maybe a mid round pick and we are perfectly fine.

Of course this would take foresight and decisiveness which our front office doesn't have much of.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Except we didn't sign him.
Yeah that sucks. QB and RB each remain strong needs.

IMO, WR is also a need.

Wouldn't it be great if Dallas could actually find a non-brittle 4.4 running WR who actually knew how to play the position? Might be the first since Bob Hayes.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
By top of the draft you mean Dak Prescott in the 3rd?

I'll say this, if we end up taking Goff at 4 the organization will have done one hell of a job at smokescreening. The more likely scenario is that they're just idiots and actually prefer Prescott in the 3rd as opposed to Goff at 4.
I've been saying all along I think we'll end up taking a 2nd/3rd tier QB on day 2. Would be a waste with all the other talent available in those rounds. The only way I'd even consider it is if we traded down and gain additional day 2 picks.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Resigned for 2 years.

Also re-signed swing OT Charles Brown.

Top Bottom