3rd Round #92 Jourdan Lewis

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Mayock went totally gay and braindead in this draft. He had no idea who was going where, it was like he was without whatever it was that made him comfortable before.

Besides the awful coverage NFLN did, he was a big reason why I hit the mute button earlier today and just listened to others. Brugler was ten times more insightful than he could ever be.
Can you blame him? We didn't do a Mayock invitational this year. Where was he supposed to get his information?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought these players couldn't be punished for things that happened before they got to to the NFL?

I mean, if that is the case, how far back could the fuckin NFL go?
IIRC, they suspended Terrell Pryor for his part in the Ohio St tattoo scandal. I'm surprised the NFLPA allowed that shit to happen.

D

Deuce

I would this Lewis was eligible for suspension considering his court case happens after he's in the league. Right now, he's just accused. Come September, he could be convicted. Goodell won't that slide through.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
IIRC, they suspended Terrell Pryor for his part in the Ohio St tattoo scandal. I'm surprised the NFLPA allowed that shit to happen.
That's because he basically forced himself into the supplemental draft intentionally. And that's why he was punished. Way different situation.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Pretty much. NFL.com tries to look good by projecting them later in their write ups. But if you look closely, they never change the ranking number they put on them.

Look no further than Caleb Brantley for what I'm talking about. In their write up, they say he's a 6-7th rounder.. But he's still a 6.1 in their grade. 6 and above are pro bowl caliber players. How of those type of players do you usually see projected that late in the draft?
He went in the 6th round, so the prediction was accurate. Just saying.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
In other news, there are still people that rely on NFL.com for draft rankings. They've been trying to catch up to independent draft sites for years now.

Mayock was a good, unbiased analyst when he was covering ND but once he left and went corporate, he went downhill.

The draft has become nothing more than a dog and pony show ever since they decided to make it a televised event.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In other news, there are still people that rely on NFL.com for draft rankings. They've been trying to catch up to independent draft sites for years now.
I don't pay much attention to their rankings but their writeups are actually pretty good if you ask me. Their round projections are shit though.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't pay much attention to their rankings but their writeups are actually pretty good if you ask me. Their round projections are shit though.
They do have decent write ups along with physical details such as hand size, arm length, etcetera. Underrated aspects when it comes to the draft IMO but yeah, their projections are garbage.

Top Bottom