Hot Take: Peyton Manning Will Struggle Mightily in 2015

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is the problem when you spend a high pick on a QB too many years before committing to starting him.

They clearly will be drafting one in the 1st round, which is the way it should be. Wait for your guy to be done, then draft his replacement (unless one falls into your lap).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the problem when you spend a high pick on a QB too many years before committing to starting him.

They clearly will be drafting one in the 1st round, which is the way it should be. Wait for your guy to be done, then draft his replacement (unless one falls into your lap).
So you think what the Broncos are doing is the right choice? Letting their young QB walk. And probably wasting another year of an elite defense with shit at QB?

To me what the Broncos are doing is the worst way of doing business. Letting all your QB's go and throwing away a year of an elite defense. If they had kept the guy around who was waiting in the wings they would have a smooth transition. Instead their team may be total shit next year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So you think what the Broncos are doing is the right choice? Letting their young QB walk. And probably wasting another year of an elite defense with shit at QB?

To me what the Broncos are doing is the worst way of doing business. Letting all your QB's go and throwing away a year of an elite defense. If they had kept the guy around who was waiting in the wings they would have a smooth transition. Instead their team may be total shit next year.
Yep. I think I would have tried to hold on to Osweiller. He had most of the physical tools and appeared to have a head for the game. His size was a real asset.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

It simply means you time it right and resign the player early. Remember when we gave Romo a contract before he took a snap, and everyone scratched their heads? That was exactly the right way to handle it.

It wasn't dumb for the Broncos to draft Osweiller. It was dumb for them to let him get in games, show some promise, and then reach the end of his contract.

As an aside, for the Broncos to let him get away...they aren't sold on him, and they'd know better than anyone.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But they had shit at QB last year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Osweiler played very well in his starts. It could get a lot worse for them.
I hear you, but Kubiak's system has a history of making spares like Matt Schaub look pretty decent. They know Osweiler better than anyone -- maybe they didn't think as much of him as everyone thought.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It simply means you time it right and resign the player early. Remember when we gave Romo a contract before he took a snap, and everyone scratched their heads? That was exactly the right way to handle it.

It wasn't dumb for the Broncos to draft Osweiller. It was dumb for them to let him get in games, show some promise, and then reach the end of his contract.

As an aside, for the Broncos to let him get away...they aren't sold on him, and they'd know better than anyone.
I think that is more telling than anything but they are cap strapped as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They know Osweiler better than anyone -- maybe they didn't think as much of him as everyone thought.
If they didn't like Osweiler I don't think they would have offered him the money that they did. You don't usually offer 12 mil a year or whatever it was for a QB you don't like.

Top Bottom