You Make the Call - 2017

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This, added to the stupidity of the 'Do you know who I am' bullshit with the medical staff and getting thrown out of the combine tells me one thing. STUPID. MOTHER. FUCKER. I'm glad he's not on our team.
This is the kind of behavior you get out of a drug addict trying to avoid medical testing because he is dirty. I've seen it way too many times in my line of work unfortunately.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But why was it diluted? Do you believe the excuse he gave of being sick and needed to hydrate? If so, why didn't he just tell the medical staff. He could have got an IV and been good to go in an hour. Drinking the amount of water it would take to dilute a piss sample to the point of showing on a test would do nothing but give you a stomach ache.

Either he was trying to hide something, or was trying to add quick weight for his weigh in. If the weight thing is true, he should have just admitted to that. It would have looked WAY better than the BS story he gave. All that did was make it look like he was hiding something.

This, added to the stupidity of the 'Do you know who I am' bullshit with the medical staff and getting thrown out of the combine tells me one thing. STUPID. MOTHER. FUCKER. I'm glad he's not on our team.
I don't know why it was diluted. I just know that people like Joe Thomas have seemed skeptical and have given a lot of credence to the overhydration thing, I don't think it's as far fetched as "Oh, it's just his only excuse to cover up his weed problem."

Maybe or maybe not. It's not like it's 95-5. More like 60-40. Certainly reasonable doubt.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know why it was diluted. I just know that people like Joe Thomas have seemed skeptical and have given a lot of credence to the overhydration thing, I don't think it's as far fetched as "Oh, it's just his only excuse to cover up his weed problem."

Maybe or maybe not. It's not like it's 95-5. More like 60-40. Certainly reasonable doubt.
Out of curiosity do you do any criminal defense work? I may be a bit jaded on the topic of drug tests. I don't think 40% of diluted results have anything to do with "drinking too much water." Not even close to that. Of course now that he is in the drug program it won't matter. If he has another diluted he is going to be suspended.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Would have traded down at 28. If I had to pick a guy on the board though, it would have been Taco.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
#60 Moreau

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still on the board, no?
Yep, basically the top safety left probably. I know some on here would freak with a third straight DB but I wouldn't be afraid to do it. This offseason has been about totally rebuilding the secondary. We still have room for a FS in this draft. Although I think Chidobe could play there, I'd rather leave him at corner. I think he may be the best corner on the roster already.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yep, basically the top safety left probably. I know some on here would freak with a third straight DB but I wouldn't be afraid to do it. This offseason has been about totally rebuilding the secondary. We still have room for a FS in this draft. Although I think Chidobe could play there, I'd rather leave him at corner. I think he may be the best corner on the roster already.
It's all about value. I take DB after DB if they are the best players in these ranges of picks.

And they would be.

So yeah, I'll get King if he's there at our pick.

Or Butt.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Damn it. I forgot this thread again.

I would have taken Josh Jones and Cordrea Tankersley. But I am thrilled with who we got anyway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's all about value. I take DB after DB if they are the best players in these ranges of picks.

And they would be.

Or Butt.
When it comes to third day picks it's really time to throw needs out of the window. IF you can hit on a guy in the fourth round and beyond that is huge. Who cares if it's a position of need or not at that point. Just finding a talented guy is enough.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

And they would be.

Or Butt.
Speaking of which. Butt would be great but man there are some TE's left still. Bucky Hodges, Jake Butt, George Kittle and Jordan Leggett are still all available. I wouldn't bitch with any of them at this point.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'd have probably taken Josh Jones in the second, but I have no complaints about Awuzie. Same with Lewis. I'd have taken him or Tankersley. This draft is really hard to complain about

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd have probably taken Josh Jones in the second, but I have no complaints about Awuzie. Same with Lewis. I'd have taken him or Tankersley. This draft is really hard to complain about
It's like we have the same mind.

You should be afraid.

Top Bottom