Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this offseason doesn't turn around it will be his last year, this roster is gonna be a mess.
All of 5 minutes into the free agency period. Kind of sounds like you're just preparing an excuse for someone...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Everybody knows building your team through free agency does not work, no matter how much of a splash you make. You use it to supplement a core roster, not to build your roster as the Giants are doing right now, doling out ridiculous contracts to good but not great players in Harrison, Vernon and Jenkins.

At the end of the day, if we are healthy, we win the division, that was the case last season and it will be the case again this season, regardless of what we do in free agency. Who here expected us to do anything but fill a few holes with mid-tier FA's at best?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Fitzpatrick?
I wondered about that, too. He might be a good fit.

Almost thought about Griffin, and that rumor has been out there, but as close as Kubiak is to Shanahan, I can't see that one unless he's really cheap.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Are you saying that the roster is set?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Vernon got 5/85 from the Giants, more guaranteed money than JJ Watt, second highest paid defender in the NFL.

For a guy with a 29 sacks over 4 seasons, 14 combined over the last 2.

Who here would advocate making moves like this?

And 12+ million a year for a decent CB who makes a habit out of getting roasted?

This is what desperation looks like when you have a hollowed out roster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Giants get Damon Harrison and Olivier Vernon.

Meanwhile, in Dallas...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Are you saying that the roster is set?
If I was in charge I'd be going after guys like Jaye Howard, Eric Weddle, Tashaun Gipson and Jeremy Lane. I would've been in on Lamar Miller but I wouldn't have paid him 6.5 a year, that's why I'm arguing for what the front office is doing right now. Of course they will probably trip over their dicks to sign guys like Bilal Powell but at this point there are still values to be had out there.

And the Giants idiotic spending is certainly nothing that would change my mind on that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Giants get Damon Harrison and Olivier Vernon.

Meanwhile, in Dallas...

Do you advocate paying a 2 down DT 9+ a year?

Making a good but not great DE one of the highest paid defenders in the league?

Bitch about us not going after value guys like I've mentioned, the Giants spending has nothing to do with anything.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If I was in charge I'd be going after guys like Jaye Howard, Eric Weddle, Tashaun Gipson and Jeremy Lane.
Then they need to get to work, starting pretty soon.

These teams with real cap space aren't fucking around.

There is insane money floating out there, but the longer they are "patient", the easier it could be to be left holding the bag while the rest of your division has got significantly better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Do you advocate paying a 2 down DT 9+ a year?

Making a good but not great DE one of the highest paid defenders in the league?

Bitch about us not going after value guys like I've mentioned, the Giants spending has nothing to do with anything.
Not at all. But they need to get off their ass. Wait a week, there isn't shit left.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Then they need to get to work, starting pretty soon.

These teams with real cap space aren't fucking around.

There is insane money floating out there, but the longer they are "patient", the easier it could be to be left holding the bag while the rest of your division has got significantly better.
Significantly better from one of the worst rosters in the league is still about 8-8, and that's assuming these huge FA deals all pan out, which is a sure bet as we all know, right?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Significantly better from one of the worst rosters in the league is still about 8-8, and that's assuming these huge FA deals all pan out, which is a sure bet as we all know, right?
So what the fuck has Dallas done in comparison to attempt to improve?

I have an answer for you, nothing yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not at all. But they need to get off their ass. Wait a week, there isn't shit left.
True, although if we sign Cedric Thornton that's a good start. He'd be solid against the run in a rotation, give me Kendall Reyes, Jaye Howard and/or a draft pick and our interior DL is looking solid.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So what the fuck has Dallas done in comparison to attempt to improve?

I have an answer for you, nothing yet.
FA literally started an hour ago, you knew we weren't going to do anything on the first day, why are you so worked up about it?

If we still haven't done shit 3 days from now that's one thing (and that's likely), but you've gone through way too many of these to get pissy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom