Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Derek Barnett
2. Charles Harris
3. Taco Charlton
4. TJ Watt
5. Obi Melifonwu
6. Gareon Conley (I haven't dinged him because of the bogus accusations)
7. Budda Baker
8. Takkarist McKinley (With the injury I've bumped him down, I also think I like Watt maybe a little more)
9. Adoree Jackson
10. Chidobe Awuzie

I love guys like Tarell Basham, Josh Jones and Derek Rivers as well but they are just reaches in the first round. But if you offered me two of those guys for my first round pick? I may jump all over it.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
1. Barnett
2. OJ Howard
3. Charles Harris
4. Marlon Humphrey
5. Takk McKinley

If one of those five aren't on the board, I'd trade down. I'm going to flip my shit if we take Adoree Jackson in the first, I don't even like him in the 2nd. He'll be a damn good returner, but he's not going to be an NFL starter at CB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
As a Vols fan, Barnett would be amazing. Worth the move up. Many saying he's a LDE. I disagree, I saw what he did from both sides. His production speaks for itself, but his situational production was lights out. Clutch player. This is the War Daddy Jerry speaks of

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As a Vols fan, Barnett would be amazing. Worth the move up. Many saying he's a LDE. I disagree, I saw what he did from both sides. His production speaks for itself, but his situational production was lights out. Clutch player. This is the War Daddy Jerry speaks of
Yeah I've been on the Barnett train ever since I saw the Nebraska bowl game. The only knock on the guy is that he isn't great at working out. But this "slow" claim that he gets just doesn't show up when you watch him play. Slow guys just don't beat the OT around the corner like this guy does. Slow guys don't run QBs down at the rate he does. The guy just passes the eye test when you watch him play. And he is strong against the run.

I doubt Barnett ever gets in reach but if he started slipping I'd be tempted to move up a little for him. I'd rather not give up our second or third this year but anything after that I'd probably be ok with.

Landry

DCC 4Life
How about an all injured draft?

1. McKinley
2. Moreau
3. Sidney Jones
4. Jake Butt

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would sign up for that right this second.

Three of those four players play this year.
Yeah, I actually would, too. I just wanted to use that gif. :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You counted wrong, then.

Takk is 6 weeks at worst. Same for Moreau, but he may even be good by training camp.

Jake Butt will play sometime too.
Yeah I don't think Butt will. Tore his knee up in a bowl game. I'm expecting Jaylon redshirt for him. Especially since we have like 4 TEs already who will make the roster.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah I don't think Butt will. Tore his knee up in a bowl game. I'm expecting Jaylon redshirt for him. Especially since we have like 4 TEs already who will make the roster.
Even so.

Oh noes, a fourth round future starter at TE who won't play this year! The horror.

Half of our fourth rounders don't play even when we select healthy guys. Butt is a stud. He will be Witten's heir apparent. It'd be foolish not to take him at that spot if he's there simply cause he won't play this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even so.

Oh noes, a fourth round future starter at TE who won't play this year! The horror.

Half of our fourth rounders don't play even when we select healthy guys. Butt is a stud. He will be Witten's heir apparent. It'd be foolish not to take him at that spot if he's there simply cause he won't play this year.
Oh I agree, I don't think we need him at allnext year anyway. It's like trading this years fourth for a second next year. Because Butt is a legit second round talent.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I just wanna hear announcers say "Butt goes in motion, Dak to Butt, Touchdown!!!!" :towel

Top Bottom