First round wish list

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Post your first round wish list. Try to be at least a little realistic. For instance, Derek Barnett. Chances are probably pretty good that he'll go by the middle of the round, but it is possible that he could fall. Myles Garrett? Not so much.

1. Derek Barnett- Been my favorite from the start, but each day that goes by I'm losing hope he'll fall.

2. Charles Harris- People love to point out his warts, and how he tested. But the tape doesn't lie. This guy can rush the passer. Terrell Suggs tested like shit, too. Don't let the stopwatch allow you to make a mistake.

3. Takk McKinley- The injury sucks, but I don't think he'll miss much time at all. Long and fast.

4. T.J.Watt- The more I hear, the more I like. But the one year production along with 2 knee injuries are kind of scary.

5. Gareon Conley- Before the legal stuff, this guy was a sure first rounder. Love what he offers. I think he could step in as a starter very early, if not by the first game.

------If by some crazy reason all of these guys are gone, and we are unable to trade down, then I'd go here. -----

6. Marlon Humphrey- The Alabama corner thing is worrisome. But this guy has a lot to offer.

7. Tyus Bowser- Fast and mean. But I worry if he's more 3-4 OLB than 4-3 DE.

8. Taco Charlton- I think he's a safe pick. Does a lot of things good. Just not great. Not as high a ceiling as a pass rusher as the others, but probably has a higher floor, too.

9. Josh Jones- My favorite player in the draft. I love what he does. I know the first round is probably too high for him, but if we could trade back in to the top of the 2nd to grab him, I would do back flips.

10. Chidobe Awuzie- Again, wouldn't like to use a 1st on him, but would seriously consider him in a trade back to the top of the 2nd. My favorite of the 2nd tier CBs. Plus, he has a cool name. You know Jerry loves saying it. :art

So there you have it. I'm not saying all these guys are first round worthy. The last 2 probably aren't. But I wanted to make a list of ten of my favorite players at the top of the draft. Besides, if the first 8 are gone for some crazy reason, that means some super value has fallen to us. Would I take somebody like Corey Davis or Jamal Adams over Tyus Bowser or Taco Charlton? Yep. Just don't expect them to be there.

midswat

... soon
1. Derek Barnett - Fills a need, best production against SEC talent, and I'm a Vols homer.
2. OJ Howard - This offense would be retarded good with him.
3. TJ Watt - Like his versatility
4. John Ross - This offense would be retarded good with him.
5. Alvin Kamara - I'm a shameless Vol homer but also he's an incredible weapon that our coaching staff wouldn't be smart enough to maximize.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Who I want?

1. Jumping on the Barnett train.
2. Charles Harris
3. Taco Charlton

Any one of those three and I'm really happy.

Next tier

4. Tak
5. Watt

Those two Im a little leary of.

Who I think we will end up with: Adoree Jackson

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
1. Derek Barnett - Fills a need, best production against SEC talent, and I'm a Vols homer.
2. OJ Howard - This offense would be retarded good with him.
3. TJ Watt - Like his versatility
4. John Ross - This offense would be retarded good with him.
5. Alvin Kamara - I'm a shameless Vol homer but also he's an incredible weapon that our coaching staff wouldn't be smart enough to maximize.
You would want a first round RB?

And on top of that, you want to take one that is probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

God damn, son. I am disappoint.

midswat

... soon
Kamara is a first round talent.

Do I want a first round RB? No.... Nor do I think we'd even consider it.

Just really like the player and think you could do a lot with him if you're creative. Lets just say I hope he ends up outside the NFC East.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
1) Derek Barnett
2) OJ Howard
3) Charles Harris
4) Takkarist McKinley
5) Tyus Bowser
6) Malik McDowell
7) Taco Charlton
8) Jabrill Peppers
9) Marlon Hunphrey
10) John Ross
11) Forrest Lamp
12) David Njoku
13) Zach Cunningham
14) TJ Watt
15) Jarrad Davis

Torn on Bowser. Instincts wanting to push him higher. Looking at his consensus rating makes me say I'm elevating him based on position. I think the guy has it though. Can he play right end in a 4-3?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't know if Bowser can hold up in a 4-3. He was 205 when recruited out of HS. He may not be able to hold much more weight.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not even going to bother including WR's, TE's or OL since there is about a 0.0% chance that we take those positions at 28, although Corey Davis would be high on my list.

Pie in the sky:

Derek Barnett
Haason Reddick

Realistic:

Takkarist McKinley
Taco Charlton
Charles Harris
TJ Watt
Kevin King
Tyus Bowser

Back-up Options:

Chidobe Awuzie
Marlon Humphrey
Adoree Jackson
Tre'Davious White
Jarrad Davis (talent alone he would be higher but he seems to be constantly injured)

I'm also torn on Bowser, I think I'd start him out as the SAM LB who moves around in nickel/dime, it's the same plan I'd have for Watt honestly.

midswat

... soon
I'm not even going to bother including WR's, TE's or OL since there is about a 0.0% chance that we take those positions at 28, although Corey Davis would be high on my list.
You don't think we'd run to the podium if Howard was right there?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
In no specific order:

Barnett
Watt
McKinley
Charlton
Harris
Howard
Budda Baker
K. King

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know if Bowser can hold up in a 4-3. He was 205 when recruited out of HS. He may not be able to hold much more weight.
Yeah I think he may be able to get up to Mayowa size but that's probably about it. He is 6'3" 247 now. He may peak out in the 255-260 range in an NFL program and on an NFL diet but that's big enough for a RE. And frankly you wouldn't want him much bigger for fear he may lose some of that explosion. I've watched a bunch of Bowser's sacks though and I'm not in love with him. A lot of his sacks were what I would deem as "cheap." He would either go unblocked, or stunt inside and not get blocked at all. Just very few of those really impressive beating a guy around the corner sacks or driving an OT into the backfield sacks. He looks really athletic though and strong in coverage. So he definitely has the look of a 3-4 guy to me.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Fine, here they are in order of preference, pushy face.

Barnett
Harris
McKinley
Howard
Charlton
Baker
King

Cotton

Staff member
Top Bottom