One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dolphins to cut Brent Grimes (and his mouthy wife).

Cotton

Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
:laff

dallen

Senior Tech

Probably not worth 2 posts, but I am enjoying laughing at them

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't want us to be overactive, doling out 12-14+ million per year to guys like Vernon and Malik Jackson, we just need to be smart and identify mid-tier guys who can fill holes and not come too expensive. Of course I doubt this happens but still.

It just seems like the market this year is going to be insane with the extra money teams have, a guy like Jackson for example I don't think is actually that much better than a Tyrone Crawford aside from Crawford being more injury prone. Crawford is overpaid at 9 a year but Jackson is probably going to get 13 or more and for what?

Because he is in a much better position to succeed?

If you put Crawford in between guys like Miller and Ware, probably the best edge rushing duo in the league last year, and next to a guy like Wolfe who is a very good interior rusher himself, I think you'd see similar production out of him that you saw out of Jackson.

The only real difference between the two in my opinion is that Jackson is much less injury prone and therefore more reliable, but he smacks as the type of guy who gets insane money from a shit team, gives them a solid 2-3 years and then you never hear from him again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only real difference between the two in my opinion is that Jackson is much less injury prone and therefore more reliable, but he smacks as the type of guy who gets insane money from a shit team, gives them a solid 2-3 years and then you never hear from him again.
Someone will sign him as a center piece to their defense and he will get cut in a couple years.

Free agency isn't about signing the biggest names. But it's about signing the right guys. You can blow money bargain shopping too. Spending 3 mil on a bunch of guys who never contribute isn't wise spending either.

dallen

Senior Tech

D

Deuce

We expect your donation to increase after this development.

dallen

Senior Tech
But, for real, that is way to much money for Allen

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kelechie Osemele to the Raiders.

Malik Jackson to the Jaguars.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Apparently Jackson is getting a deal averaging about 15 a year, which is completely comical in every sense.

Wolfe is a very similar player and got about 9 a year, Cameron Heyward got about 10 a year and apparently we only gave Crawford about 7-8 a year, and not 9 like I previously thought, so that's actually pretty reasonable. In no world would I pay an extra 6-8 per year for Jackson over a guy like Wolfe, Heyward or Crawford and I think it's a sign of how much teams are going to overpay during this FA period.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

RAIDER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom