2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yet your initial post was about 2 sides?
Yes, because right now there are two sides. I'm not sure I'm picking up what you're putting down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And on the other hand making a profit for yourself and those closest to you at the expense of most everything else does not prepare you for making sure the economy works to benefit the country as a whole.
It could. It just depends on what someone does with that knowledge. For example, a business person who turns a profit by taking advantage of current laws and regulations would know exactly how to stop businesses from doing it. Of course, that doesn't mean they will use that knowledge for the good of the country.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Still trying to figure out what Romney thinks he is accomplishing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romney came across like a pure horses ass. He kept saying Trump could be measured by how he responded which would only be insults. I wonder what Romney thought he was doing besides doing the same thing only he was the initial perpetrator.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romney came across like a pure horses ass. He kept saying Trump could be measured by how he responded which would only be insults. I wonder what Romney thought he was doing besides doing the same thing only he was the initial perpetrator.
It's like the Republican establishment has no idea that the tactics they are using to try and take down Donald Trump are probably only galvanizing the public in favor of Trump.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It's like the Republican establishment has no idea that the tactics they are using to try and take down Donald Trump are probably only galvanizing the public in favor of Trump.
I know that if I were thinking about voting for a candidate and some rich from birth corporate cunt came on TV and told me I shouldn't, then the odds that I would go up dramatically.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know that if I were thinking about voting for a candidate and some rich from birth corporate cunt came on TV and told me I shouldn't, then the odds that I would go up dramatically.
Literally Trump is running as the anti establishment guy, and the Republican Party is just strengthening that fact by running out establishment people to talk shit on Trump.

dallen

Senior Tech
Is it the party running out Romney to condemn Trump or is it Romney sensing he has a shot to be the compromise candidate at a brokered convention? If the Republican Party really thought that bringing the face of the establishment to condemn Trump was going to do anything other than bolster support for him then they really have no idea how to handle him.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
How Trump's rivals undermined the 'Stop Trump' movement at last night's debate

How Trump's rivals undermined the 'Stop Trump' movement at last night's debate

Yesterday began with the last Republican presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, charging that Donald Trump would hurt America's future, ridiculing Trump's knowledge of foreign policy, and criticizing his temperament. Those tough critiques continued into last night's debate, with Marco Rubio saying that Trump is unserious and with Ted Cruz pointing out Trump's past support of Democratic candidates. And then what happened at the debate's end? Trump's three remaining rivals said they would support him if he becomes the GOP nominee.

"I'll support Donald if he's the Republican nominee," Rubio said.

"Yes, because I gave my word that I would," Cruz added.

"Sometimes [Trump] makes it a little bit hard, but, you know, I will support whoever is the Republican nominee for president," answered John Kasich.

They were stunning responses, because they undercut the furious #NeverTrump movement we've seen over the past week. If you're going to accuse Trump of being a con artist, a buffoon, or a threat to the country, how can you so easily say you'd support him as your party's presidential nominee? On "Today" this morning, Romney himself said he wouldn't vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. But Trump's three rivals last night didn't say that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It would take Hillary only two if she could enlist the aid of a cellmate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would take Hillary only two if she could enlist the aid of a cellmate.
With Bernie Sanders it would be a trick question. His supporters would make everyone else change the lightbulb for them while they sit and do nothing.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
With Bernie Sanders it would be a trick question. His supporters would make everyone else change the lightbulb for them while they sit and do nothing.
That's only if you ask them to do it for free as part of a 20 year internship that does not lead to a job.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Do you know any inside baseball on this? I assumed this whole email thing was another boondoggle like whitewater.
No I really don't know the status of this. I wouldn't ask because I respect the confidentiality of those who are doing the investigation. I would not compromise their career. As to whether it is a boondoggle, it could be but I think there is more evidence to the allegations simply because the allegations haven't changed and there must be enough evidence to at least tell the accusers what is needed. Whitewater was a witch hunt that changed from one allegation to other areas that had no evidentary merit but was pursued until they finally discovered the indiscretion of Bill Clinton. Hillary's allegations have remained the same and what seems to have happened is that the investigation has been stonewalled but apparently there is enough that the DOJ is close to an indictment according to the news media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom